Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF Birthday Party

Default FF Birthday Party

Here is the situation, my Best Friend is turning 21. So for her 21st birthday party I am throwing her a huge FF themed party. The best thing we have is the ice. I got a spherical ice tray and I am going to use food color dyed water to make materia. I will use these ice balls for decorations and for ice for drinks. I also have a bunch of fun surprises like live music, cosplay, and ect. I will also have FF decorations and I will personal cook and cater all the food at the party. She is aware of the party and most of the general plans like the food, decorations, and live music. But she also wants to be surprise like, not knowing how the cake is decorated or what songs would be played. I would go into more detail, but I would not want her to find out via this form. It would ruin the surprise. I have most of the party planned out, but I have hit a few snags. The truth is, and I apologize in advance, I am new to FF. She on the other hand is an expert, but I can’t go to her for everything or it will ruin the surprise. This is where I need help, for the party the food is going to be FF themed. I need ideas that can be linked to the worlds of FF. Drinks are not a worry; I have found that detail collage party drink list of FF drinks. I need ideas for food and decorations, for food I have a $400 dollar budget and $200 dollar budget for decorations. I would greatly appreciated any Ideas, I still need 2 appetizers, 2 sides, 1 main course, and 1 deserts. Thank for your help, I just want to give my Best Friend the party she deserves.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Cactuar cake!

Blog Entries

I'd recommend decorating the cake with something that goes over a large array of Final Fantasy titles, but isn't recognized for their personality, but the simple fact that they're well known. For example, moogles, cactuar, and chocobos. But if you were to go with a character like Cloud, Cecil, or Squall, certain people may find certain characters dislikable, as they can be directly compared to other characters in the series that serve the same purpose. Also, using characters like moogles and cactuar make it so that no matter which FF a person has played, they've probably seen those characters somewhere.

As for the music, I think you should try to figure out which musical tracks she likes the best. There are some tracks that appear in multiple titles, but they aren't exactly the types of tracks that make you go "WOW!". They're more like "Oh, hey, that's this theme. Cool.".

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Decorations...hmm...

You could buy little figurines off of ebay and put them like on a piece of cardboard to make a model of a fight! Like for example, buy Yuna, Tidus, and Wakka figurines and glue them side by side facing a Seymour figurine!

It's not much but it's a cute idea, I think

Also, you have to be the best friend ever to come up with this

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Cactuar cake!
    YES.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, that materia ice sounds awesome. You should label the drink containers things like "Potion" or "Elixer" or "Ether." These are healing items in the games (you can actually buy promotional Potion drinks IRL).

Hmmm, do you know what particular Final Fantasy titles are her favorites, and which if any she dislikes?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

find some pyreflies (leds)

Give everyone geostigma.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A hooker jumping out of the cake always says true friend.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just knock her unconscious with a candlestick when she enters the door and let her sleep till the morning. If she says she doesn't remember anything from the birthday party just tell her she's been equipping one too many guardian forces.

Cactuar cake!
    Best idea so far!

You should get an ice scuplture shaped like Shiva.

Blog Entries

If someone passes out from too much alcohol then cover them in red feathers and when the paramedics arrive tell them you went through your whole supply of phoenix downs but none of them worked.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalShichibukai View Post
    Here is the situation, my Best Friend is turning 21. So for her 21st birthday party I am throwing her a huge FF themed party. The best thing we have is the ice. I got a spherical ice tray and I am going to use food color dyed water to make materia. I will use these ice balls for decorations and for ice for drinks. I also have a bunch of fun surprises like live music, cosplay, and ect. I will also have FF decorations and I will personal cook and cater all the food at the party. She is aware of the party and most of the general plans like the food, decorations, and live music. But she also wants to be surprise like, not knowing how the cake is decorated or what songs would be played. I would go into more detail, but I would not want her to find out via this form. It would ruin the surprise. I have most of the party planned out, but I have hit a few snags. The truth is, and I apologize in advance, I am new to FF. She on the other hand is an expert, but I can’t go to her for everything or it will ruin the surprise. This is where I need help, for the party the food is going to be FF themed. I need ideas that can be linked to the worlds of FF. Drinks are not a worry; I have found that detail collage party drink list of FF drinks. I need ideas for food and decorations, for food I have a $400 dollar budget and $200 dollar budget for decorations. I would greatly appreciated any Ideas, I still need 2 appetizers, 2 sides, 1 main course, and 1 deserts. Thank for your help, I just want to give my Best Friend the party she deserves.
    >>> Duude, you are like the best friend ever.. Im truly moved by your FF Birthday Party.
    Make an Aeris cake, the cactuar one is a good idea too.

I think your friend will love you for this..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

oh my gosh... Levian you're briliant. *idea noted*

I love my Albatross!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Cactuar cake!
    Sounds delicious!

When the cake is cut play the victory fanfare!