Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    (SPOILER)Dumbledore dies at 1 hour and 46 minutes
    how dyah know that????

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wonder how much more they're going to butcher the series. That is why I will watch this film.

Oh jesus christ, Wednesday is going to be horrible. I'll be working a close at the cinema on the release day of Harry potter. ;_;

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As a hooker?

They hire hookers to bring in the men =D

and women*

but srsly, as a team member person

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If they had hookers dressed up as Harry Potter fans, I reckon sales would go through the roof. Whether more for the hookers or the cinema, I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    If they had hookers dressed up as Harry Potter fans, I reckon sales would go through the roof. Whether more for the hookers or the cinema, I can't decide.
    I'm pretty sure most Harry Potter fans wouldn't know how to approach a hooker, dressed as Hermoine or not.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

But we all have to remember that the films are always going to be different then the books, and we should love them regardless.
    Wow that's definitely not true. There's no excuse why the films couldn't have been better and I'm not falling for this again. I had already made mistakes paying three bucks to see Order of the Phoenix and Goblet of Fire and being very disappointed in both. I heard before that they were going to add in an action scene in between because they didn't want to bore the audience. Well if you can't make it interesting without throwing in something irrelevant then you're doing something wrong.

Obviously you can tell that I have no plans to see it.

I will watch it, not analyze its every frame, and enjoy it. Just as I did with the others. Looks like it will be good.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    But we all have to remember that the films are always going to be different then the books, and we should love them regardless.
    Wow that's definitely not true. There's no excuse why the films couldn't have been better and I'm not falling for this again. I had already made mistakes paying three bucks to see Order of the Phoenix and Goblet of Fire and being very disappointed in both. I heard before that they were going to add in an action scene in between because they didn't want to bore the audience. Well if you can't make it interesting without throwing in something irrelevant then you're doing something wrong.

Obviously you can tell that I have no plans to see it.
    Personally I think that judgment is horrible. You can't expect them to put everything in the books in the movie. It'd make it a like 12 hr movie. With that said, who would want to see a movie with an overabundance of dialogue? They aren't trying to just appeal to those who are fans of the book series, they are trying to reach others who haven't read the books but may still enjoy Harry Potter.

If you are going in expecting it to be exactly like the books then you will be very disappointed. If they add in a scene that was just mentioned vaguely in the book, (the bridge crashing) and expand on it and show it, I say go ahead. The telling of a movie's story and a telling of a book's story are two completely different things. With a book you can go in depth about emotions that are happening, thoughts that are going on in heads. Movies; you have to SHOW those emotions rather than tell.

I wouldn't want to see Harry just thinking would I? No, I'd like to hear him talking, walking around, and just being a real person.

BUT that's just my opinion. I just think you should give the movies more of a chance :P

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Reviews seem to suggestion that this is the most faithful and well-done book to movie transition so far. This is good news as far as I'm concerned, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Edit: Lekana, I think the problem with the movies is not that they tell the story in a different way. Everyone, I think, accepts that certain changes are necessary. The problem is that the movies have an awful track record of including scenes which have turned out to be incredibly significantly to the narrative. While some may suggest this is forgivable (after all, this is the first movie made after the books have concluded as a series), I find it unacceptable given that a large portion of the fanbase had already figured out with near certainty what was going to be important down the road (turns out we were right). They've made errors that are just going to be awkward down the road when they realize they have to do strange flashback sequences just so makes sense.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 07-09-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I'll watch it. Can't say I've been following it's progress however.

Str8 Pimpin'

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I'm pretty sure most Harry Potter fans wouldn't know how to approach a hooker, dressed as Hermoine or not.
    Replace "a hooker" with "any normal human" and I think I'd have to agree.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ouch! I was replying to depression moons comment on how they add in action scenes not so much that everyone should know they change things and they leave out things. Thanks for not getting that. Hope I clarified.

You can't really blame the movies either, it had a new director pretty much every movie.