Thread: Help me, Obi Wan. Help me.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Yeah, mousing would make it very hard to play...what with no table and all. I'm doing some research on it all, so it should be groovy. Yum. Game's arriving for July 15th. Huzzah!
    It also doesn't help that the mouse controls for FFXI are pretty awful to begin with. I use my keyboard exclusively, and that seems to work just fine.

How many people here are actually from Midgard?

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I'm in Midgard.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMoomba View Post
    How many people here are actually from Midgard?
    Since 2004.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Since launch day.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Since 2004.
    Same here, 5 years last month.

RDM 75, PLD 65, BST 75, MNK 75, SAM 75

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Since North American PC launch. Except that brief stay on Pandemonium--but I digress; I prefer not to speak of the dark times.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

OMG IT CAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    OMG IT CAME.
    From the enthusiasm I assume you did as well.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I started to, but then died of hatred.

I'm hoping the payment option keeps failing miserably because I have no money. I don't know if this is the case. If it's not that, then it just means God hates me. I have a Visa debit card, and it seems that Visa instantly means credit in POs books. If this is correct, then their entire staff will be found dead with Visa debit cards forcibly inserted into their mouths.

But I'm probably just broke, and my pessimism is causing me to overthink things.
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 07-13-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Falco don't ever overthink things.

SE sucks at billing... seriously. They will often double and triple charge people for a month. I you get double/triple billed, look forward to 3 hours on the phone waiting for support who may or may not tell you to GFY.

The billing issue has been increasingly problematic lately with some people even ending up with bans small issues when an old credit card expires and they attempt to move it to a new card.

When I recently came back it was quite a chore and even worse so because my wife came back at the same time as you cannot activate two accounts on the same card on the same day.

Also, make absolutely certain that your home address, billing address, and everything to do with your address at the bank are absolutely the same. A tiny discrepancy will keep your payment from going through.

SE will always blame the bank if you call them about payment not processing. Before you wait 3 hours on the phone for terrible customer support make sure the bank will not block any transactions (specifically online ones). Many banks have security measures to halt transactions until there is some type of verification. It's not a bad measure, but it doesn't jive with SE too well.

Sadly, changing your information in PlayOnline is about as easy as threading a needle blindfolded while wearing oven-mitts... seriously. It's not that anyone part is that difficult, but more that the menu system is confusing and there are about 3 tiers of logged-in-ness. You have to makes sure all settings at all spots are properly laid out.

For instance, if you can't purchase a content ID, you'll have to go back to a previous set of menus to adjust payment stuff, then re-advance a set of a menus to go back to the content ID menu.

I'd be willing to bet you've got the money but that something just isn't working in POL... To make it worse, due to their anti-RMT measures your repeated attempts may lock out your card for a 24 hour period and you may be hitting your head against a brick wall.

Also, hopefully you're signing up with a trail pass to start. If you start a 30-day trial mid-month, it will last till the next month after which the remainder of the month will be prorated.

BUUUUT!!! If you're returning to the game and came back on say... the 30th... They lose their mathematical ability to prorate bills. You will be charged 12.95 for the 30th... and then another 12.95 starting on the 1st. Yeah... you pay an entire month for a few hours.

Welcome to FFXI where one of the best MMORPGs meets the worst customer service in the world.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All information is correct. There are only two things it can be on my end: 1. No money, or 2. POL have yet to realise that Visa do debit cards.

I should have a free trial. I think. Maybe. I bought a new 2008 version that says "30 FREE DAYS WOOT!" in big letters, and I'm assuming that gets automatically done when I register with the 8 million digit registration code.

I've heard some serious complaints about the customer service for this game. And the by the month billing is ridiculous. Seriously. It's not as if that was an accident or anything, since the proper 30 day stuff has been around since time began.

How often is often, when referring to double and triple billing? And is not refunding that money actually against the law? As far as I can tell, the T&C within the manual do not state that I accept that they will smurf up and triple charge me xD.

How often am I likely to come across something that would require customer services? Personal experiences anyone?

EDIT: Haha, do you know what's hilarious? I was curious to check out what people call a business with a proper level of customer care: Blizzard, or more accurately the WoW website. Straight away you can see the differences in customer service. POL: where the hell am I and how do I find out where to go next? WoW: I have this problem. Click. I have found out information on this problem. My problem is solved.
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 07-14-2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: POL aren't rocking anyone. Sorry Falco.

This is one thing I hate about FFXI - the customer service. It's just so bad... Square-Enix were far out of touch with their playerbase for most of FFXI's life, they are only now starting to come a little closer to the community but it is not enough. They really need to re-design their payment system, customer service and PlayOnline client.

I would agree, from what I have experienced with Blizzard in the past, that they indeed do have some great customer service. But to be fair, I've never actually had any problems with my accounts on FFXI, and I've only been double charged once out of the 4-5 years I've played - and even then, they took back one of the charges.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Well, I've never had a problem with SE double charging or their customer service. I was hacked, and everyone I spoke with was helpful and polite, and the GM was awesome (every GM I've met has been, even the one that helped me at FanFest in 2008). I guess I just got lucky, or getting hacked was sooo unlucky, all I had left was good luck. ^^

The only complaint I have about that whole thing is that it took 2 and a half to 3 months to get it back, but even when I did get it back, I got a ZNM pop item back that I spent before getting hacked. So, I got a free try and it actually dropped the second time.

RDM 75, PLD 65, BST 75, MNK 75, SAM 75

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So, is the consensus that although SEs customer service sucks balls, it's unlikely that I will ever really be subject to it, and that if I am they will eventually get the job done after several years waiting on the phone, and roughly seven eras of waiting after the phone call for something to actually happen?

From my understanding, Ultimage, you seem to be the exception :laugh:. Although I imagine people rarely post comments on complaint blogs about how great someone was.