Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: i'm donating blood on monday

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

celes, from all accounts, plasma donation is a lot easier to handle, since you don't have to struggle with the whole weakness thing afterwards. But then again, most of them sell plasma to pay for pot, soooo

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    celes, from all accounts, plasma donation is a lot easier to handle, since you don't have to struggle with the whole weakness thing afterwards. But then again, most of them sell plasma to pay for pot, soooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse
    Ja, that's 50 a week, 200 a month: enough to pay my half of the rent.
    Seriously? They give that much for plasma? I need college books soon, this could be rather helpful...

I should seriously reconsider becoming a plasma donor then! Last summer I went in to sign up, but they were waaay backlogged for physicals alone, so I decided not to bother.

If plasma donation is less taxing on my system, I'm all for soldiering through getting stuck with a needle once a week/whenever for $50.

I think I'll go in tomorrow and schedule an appointment. Here's to hoping I can handle it.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I donated blood once. And by that, I mean I was attacked by vampires.

Seriousness aside, I plan on donating in the future. But keep forgetting. Bummer. As is my way, I will probably research EVERYTHING before doing anything. Because I'm cool.
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 07-14-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Amadeus donates 96 litres of blood every day.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    Seriously.

The first appointment takes forever, as you have to fill out a large amount of paperwork and have various tests performed. But after that, it's rather smooth: doesn't take too long. And even if it does, a book is best company.

The place I go to gives me 20 on Tuesday and then 30 on Thursday or Friday. They want you to come back, so they always give you more on your second visit for the week.

And yes, there are a lot of college students there. And crackheads who are then upset when there blood is tested.

All right. I went in and scheduled an appointment today. If I'm lucky, I can get in for a walk-in physical/donation on certain days, but if not, they have me booked for August 12. Their pay is the same as you mentioned, $20 for the first time and $30 the next.

I wonder if I'll be able to bring my DS out to pass the time...

I tried to donate blood twice earlier this year, but my iron level was too low. I'm planning on trying again tomorrow, but it's kind of upsetting to fill out all the paperwork and then get told I can't donate.

asdfghjkl;'

I do whenever I happen to catch a blood drive and am able to. It's not too bad and I never feel terribly tired or anything after, so there's no reason to really not.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.