Page 104 of 131 FirstFirst ... 45484949899100101102103104105106107108109110114124 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1961

Thread: Last movie you watched and your critique of it

Evil Dead 'remake'

7/10
    I enjoyed it as much as I did the original, it pretty much is what a remake should be

Got around to watching The Hunger Games since it is on Netflix.

I found it enjoyable, if not a tad pointless. The storyline was good, the characters were fairly likeable (although some where unrealistic and served no purpose). For what it was, though, it was good.

It also wasn't Twilight, which is what I expected going in.

7/10

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wreck It Ralph - 3/5

An enjoyable movie with a kind of standard moral theme for kids, although in the awesome setting of video games. I just found myself wishing they would have moved into other games a little more often as I found the final setting that they wound up spending over half the game in was kind of boring for me. I also wished that there was more time spent with major video game characters - only a few of them actually talked at all, and most of them were very, very short cameos. Perhaps it's just that the trailer misled me (Why I Don't Like Trailers, Part Two). Still, I really did enjoy the movie and the characters were all good. Not a bad movie by any means, but nothing I'd go running around telling people they gotta watch it, either.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Total Recall

I barely remember the original and that's probably a good thing. This doesn't have Arnold in it so that's also good. I liked the fight sequences between Beckinsale and Farrell. Their last fight sequence was lame though. The environments are great and reminded me a lot of Blade Runner.

Looper

9/10

I thought it was great, but sometimes the characters were almost too trusting. They'd take risks and then backtrack and it made me think why would they be taking that risk in the first place? (SPOILER) Case in point, why does the mother of the rainmaker hide Joseph's character in her home to begin with? She could have easily just given him up and been done with it knowing who he is and what he's capable of. The motives for things were a bit sloppy, but really good film. Side note, Joseph's makeup is really bad. You could see some of his prosthetics coming off in different scenes, like his ears coming a part a bit. It was a bit distracting. Ah well, I give it bonus points for originality at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Primer confused the trout out of me at first. I had to watch it like three or four times before I understood it. (if you want I can try to help clear up some confusion)
    I've never actually heard somebody claim to truly understand this movie. :freak: I really loved the film; the cinematography was awesome, but I don't think I'll ever understand it.

Especially considering, well, this: http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/...r_timeline.jpg

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Scream

I've been watching way too many 90's flicks lately and I so love them. Why can't I be in that time again? I'd love to be an 18 year old in the 90's!

I loved this film though, I've only seen it once before and it was really good, lives up to its hype and is just enjoyable from start to finish!

8/10

Quote Originally Posted by the_best_boob View Post
    Total Recall

I barely remember the original and that's probably a good thing. This doesn't have Arnold in it so that's also good. I liked the fight sequences between Beckinsale and Farrell. Their last fight sequence was lame though. The environments are great and reminded me a lot of Blade Runner.
    I saw Kate Beckinsale when I saw Trance. She was absolutely god damn beautiful and I was completely star struck by seeing her.

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    If you enjoy being "mindraped", as you put it, check out Enter the Void. The movie would probably be more coherent if you ate some peyote first, too.
    Saw it. I was intrigued by DMT which is why I watched it but after that it was the most boring movie I've ever seen.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oblivion - 4/5

Popped into the cinema last night and found this surprisingly enjoyable and not as predictable as I'd expect of a Tom Cruise action flick (which is what I was expecting). An interesting plot, interesting developments, good special effects. It felt a little poorly paced at times but in retrospect it was probably quite well done overall. I'd probably watch it again someday, which is more than I can say of many films.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I think Oblivion was the last movie I saw, and I have the opposite opinion to BoB. xD I had no preconceptions to the movie, I pretty much found out I was going to see it on the day I saw it. x3 Didn't even know it was a Tom Cruise flick.

I found it so boring to the point that ~30 minutes into the film I was checking the time to see how long I'd been in the cinema for and trying to guess how much longer I had to watch it. I found it painfully predictable, I don't think there was a single twist that I didn't see coming. Predictability isn't always bad, but this film needed something to make it interesting.

I think my least favourite thing was how it had a pretty interesting concept behind it, but they just did nothing with it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I agree a lot more could have been done with it, and I did mention the pacing (the first 'act' in particular dragged). But I don't know how you predicted every twist! Actually, I'm gonna PM you to avoid spoilers. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Oblivion - 4/5

Popped into the cinema last night and found this surprisingly enjoyable and not as predictable as I'd expect of a Tom Cruise action flick (which is what I was expecting). An interesting plot, interesting developments, good special effects. It felt a little poorly paced at times but in retrospect it was probably quite well done overall. I'd probably watch it again someday, which is more than I can say of many films.
    I thought I ended up in Last Game You Finished +Rating thread.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

xD

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jurassic Park 3D: If I need to review the damn movie for anyone then you had a terrible childhood and I pity you. It still holds up as well as it ever has and is one of the highlights of my movie watching existence.

The 3D conversion though? Meh. I'm not a big fan of 3D in 99% of movies anyway.I think the only times that I thought 3D looked good was in Avatar and Dredd 3D, and Dredd was the only time I can actually say that 3D actually added anything to the movie. And conversions of older 2D movies are just fundamentally worse than movies filmed in 3D as far as pulling off the 3D effect. I don't think it detracted from the movie, and I really only wanted to see Jurassic Park on the big screen again so it didn't bother me too much, but there are a few parts in the movie where the conversion is laughably bad. Usually because an object will have depth in relation to other objects on screen, but not in relation to itself. The worst example is actually the first shot of Robert Muldoon in the movie where he's standing and holding a shotgun. The shotgun comes out a good two feet at least from his body, but its depth in the scene with the 3D is exactly the same as his body making him and the gun look completely two dimensional. Which they technically are, and I can't say I'm surprised since you can't really add detail where there is none to get a true 3D effect, but it just makes something you'd never notice in your standard 2D movie completely obvious and jarring.

If you want to see it, see it because it's Jurassic Park. Not because you hope it will look amazing in 3D. At best the effect is completely superfluous.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Flipped - 5/5

Not your typical romance movie (more of a 'puppy love' movie). Very, very well done. I really hope both of the leads in this film go on to get some quality roles, because they were excellent.

The Hobbit 9/10

Not as good as The Lord of the Rings for me but still great. I just wish some dwarves would look more like dwarves.