Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch Your Language! >:(

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Watch Your Language! >:(

What languages can you speak? What is your native tongue? WHat languages do you desire to learn?

I am considered a language prodigy, I ahve an astounding ability to learn and use words with amazing ease.

I speak English, my native tongue, very well, and I speak French pretty well for learning for only one year.

I want to learn Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, German, and Swahili at some point, however.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I speak English, conversational Chinese, a tiny bit of Spanish, and I want to learn everything. :3

Times like this I wish I were a Twilight vampire who didn't have to sleep and could attend college over and over again, because I always think of more exciting things that I would have liked to do, majors I want to pursue, and classes I would have taken!

But it's not too late to learn now, just have less time and resources readily available. ^_^ I would like to brush up on my Spanish, and sign language to start with. Also brushing up on my Chinese so that I'm very proficient in it.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I can speak English and count to three in Spanish.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I speak English of course. I use to be able to converse kinda in German but that all went out the window when I left highschool. I need to refresh and brush up on it :/

I want to learn maybe Italian and one of the Nordic languages, also one of the Asian languages too. If I ever can that is.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

English, basic Spanish, some Japanese.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I speak English fluently. I used to be fairly proficient in German, but I'm afraid I'm out of practice. I can understand a fair chunk of Spanish, I suppose. I have a decent grasp on the grammatical mechanics of Old English, but to really read and translate anything, I require a fairly heavy gloss as my vocabulary itself is rather lacking.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

English is the only thing i'm fluent in. I have a basic understanding of a few more languages.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I speak Swedish (native tongue) and I'm fairly fluent in English and Elvish.

English, Urdu (SPOILER)(note its supposedly my native language but I'm horrid when I speak it!)
    and Japanese

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I speak just enough Russian to say, Hello. You're beatuiful. What's your name? How are you?
    It's all I ever needed to learn

I know just enough German to order food at McDonalds. Okay, more than that after living there for years.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

English, obviously. But I can speak some Spanish, French and German. Spanish is my next "strongest" language, I suppose you could say. I'm not fluent in any way, but I'm able to understand it fairly well.

I speak Danish (native tongue) and English fluently, and I speak German pretty fluently. Other than that I know basic Spanish. I also know some words and phrases in a whole lot of other languages, but it doesn't really count.

I'd love to learn how to speak French, but on the whole I want to know everything really.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

English is my native language and I can speak it alright I guess. I can speak Spanish alright too. And I know a little German.

I'm not entirely sure knowing two languages could be considered the mark of a prodigy. The ease in which you learned French is great and all but it really isn't a difficult language to pick up on. Granted, I'm not the best at languages but when I think "prodigy" I think of something a bit more.

I speak English, mainly, because that is all I really need to get by in the world. I can converse in Spanish, German, and French while understanding basic Japanese and Russian phrases. I also know a bit of Hawaiian dialect beyond the standard tourist lingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I'm not entirely sure knowing two languages could be considered the mark of a prodigy. The ease in which you learned French is great and all but it really isn't a difficult language to pick up on. Granted, I'm not the best at languages but when I think "prodigy" I think of something a bit more.
    There are more bilingual people in the world than there are monolingual people so BUNNY IS RIGHT (omg)

Anyway, I'm starting to forgot all the Spanish I studied in high-school, and I could probably still "survive" in German if given the chance. I'm studying Japanese as my major in college right now.