Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: American/British English voice actors

Oh I meant FFXII. You said the selection of good voice acting in Final Fantasy was limited and I was wondering what you thought of FFXII if you played it.
    Nope, haven't played it. I've heard good things...nothing too negative like the general view of FFX Voice-acting.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Supermillionaire apparently doesn't see the logical error in accepting "aluminum"
    It would be an error in the UK, but not in the US. I'm from the US. Are you from the UK?
    Logical errors are errors in logic, not errors in geography.

Why does this argument even exist anyway? British English came first, and was changed in America to American English. There are enough differences between the two that I consider them different languages, so all these leiutenant/aluminium/colour arguments are pointless and just make all participants look like idiots. In my opinion, it's the same as having a go at the French for spelling "jealous" as "jalouse". Or at Germany for spelling "an insurance firm" as "versicherungsgesellschaft". No matter what your opinion, the fact remains that it's still off topic so if you really want to discuss this (again) then you should make your own thread.

Speaking of which: I'd like to see more British voicing in games. The problem is that the stereotypical British accent is really fecking annoying, so it'd probably ruin the game for me.

Do you mean the "cockney" accent in the London area?
    Is that your final answer?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For one, yeah. Take Saint's Row 2, for example. I had to use the Latino accent just because it was the closest accent to English. The cockney would've been alright if it was actually cockney.

Wow, White Wizard, that's pretty cool!
    Is that your final answer?