Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trance was underused.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I feel they introduced it well but then at points they could have done more with it. A few characters could have used the trance at some of their story arches. But I feel the end result of Kuja trance was good but it seemed a large chunk of story where they could have used it more, was missing.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think Zidane's Trance was awesome merely for the sake of getting rid of crappy Skills. Remember, he is the new angel of death? The destroyer of Gaia? Kuja was badass enough, but when he went Trance he destroyed one world and nearly destroyed another. It makes sense that his replacement would be equally, if not more awesome (don't see Kuja hitting any 9999s! Sucka!).

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

There must be a connection between them (Kuja and Zidane) being Genomes and their more badass Trance techniques.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Zidane's trance is the best. I hate Vivi's -- oooh, double black magic.... whatever. I don't think anyone else's is that amazing either.

I'm playing IX now, and for the past two weeks every trance I've had has been at the end of a random encounter. Useless! I wish they turned over into the next battle.

Even the graphics were kinda lame. They change slightly... turn pink... why? Zidane I can understand, but everyone else?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You'll love Vivi's double black magic when you have his better attacks. Double Doomsday wrecks.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Freya's Trance makes me laugh. Is she levitating just off the camera or what?
    jkhkjg

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    No, she's still jumping HIGHER.

I never got Amarant's trance...did he go nude o.o?

Blog Entries

If they could of made it to where you could select to trance, then it would made it a whole lot more useful (of course, you would have to fill the gauge, not do it at will)

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    No, she's still jumping HIGHER.
    She stays suspended in air, out of screen, launching spear attacks until her Trance runs out. The attacks can be very powerful sometimes, weak sometimes. She can't be targeted by enemy or allies while she's in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    One of thhe few problems I had with this excelent game is Trance.

I liked it and it was usefull, but I was always dissapointing that the only character who actually got unique attacks for Trance was Zidane (and (SPOILER)Kuja if he counts)
    Overdrives were an unnecessary addition to Final Fantasy X. It was simply an homage to the Limit Breaks of VII and VIII wherein (in battle) the characters were only separated by the weapons they used in battle and by their Limit techniques. In X, all of the characters already had unique abilities.

I agree that most Limit and Overdrive skills are flashy and seem effective, but they are still unnecessary unless they are differentiating characters (like the Quickenings on XII... the Concurrences, not so much although they were highly effective. I used them to acquire Exodus which I thought was a tough battle until I managed to chain together a long tether of Quickenings.) In any case, I'll agree that Zidane is the only character to whom altered attacks are given. (SPOILER)This is because he is, like Kuja, a Terran and naturally has unique abilities. I don't much care about the others and I believe Freya's Dragoon skill is fine, but I will concede that Steiner at least, could have been given a new moveset perhaps inspired by heroes of past Fantasies.

Epic Super Saiyan rip-off #4,062 Trance sucked. I never relied on it in any way whatsoever. I, too, always had it activate during a random encounter. Hell, there was one character, Quina, who counted on it activating during random encounters! I don't recall ever learning a single Blue spell via Cook.

As much as I love IX, trance sucks big time. Most of the trance techniques were somewhat useful, but none of them (save Zidane) gave them any new special techniques, they just enhanced all of their old techniques. And Steiner, who is my fave char, had the worst trance as he only got 3 times his normal strength, which became obsolete once you get to a certain point in the game.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree that trance was mostly useless. I do have to say Vivi's Double Black ability was pretty epic when you had the right spells...

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    I liked the Trance for the characters, I just wish there was a Trance reserve tank or someway to save it. I can't count the time I got Trance during a weak random encounter.
    This.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html