Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't like the final boss

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    There's nothing more satisfying than delaying the final boss fight until you've done everything else in the game and then going apeplop on him solo with Penelo and Wyrmhero Blade. =]
    ROFL sounds like 1 shotting Sephiroth with Omnislash.
    That to me is disappointing, but inevitable if you do as much as you can before beating the boss, which I always end up doing. The boss in FF2/4 I think was freakishly hard for me.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    That's why you level up your reserves
    This.

Also, I liked Vayne, if you fought him before doing all the side-quests, he was challenging. Final bosses should be challenging.

I beat him the first time i challenged him but i was on the edge of my seat the whole way through the battle, It was fun which made a change for a final boss
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFXII is the only Final Fantasy game in which all my characters were high levels endgame. They all got proper game time and equipment on my second playthrough, because I knew I'd depend on them at least once during the game haha.

Although 3K+ twice shouldn't have been that bad with proper buffs. I never go into a battle without casting Protectga, Shellga and having Bubble on everyone.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by TehIrishViking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    There's nothing more satisfying than delaying the final boss fight until you've done everything else in the game and then going apeplop on him solo with Penelo and Wyrmhero Blade. =]
    ROFL sounds like 1 shotting Sephiroth with Omnislash.
    That to me is disappointing, but inevitable if you do as much as you can before beating the boss, which I always end up doing. The boss in FF2/4 I think was freakishly hard for me.
    That's what happens when game designer decides to make the boss only use one OP'd attack >:0

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That takes longer than I'd care to spend doing. Besides, there is absolutely nothing more exhilarating than having your three mains die and trying to hold it together with the back up squad long enough to get the other three back in the fight. It didn't happen to me in the final boss fight, but it sure as hell happened a few times later in the game and it was GLORIOUS!!!

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I wonder what you're going to say when he hits you with Terraflare for +4000 damage...

Default It takes time to level up your characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    That takes longer than I'd care to spend doing. Besides, there is absolutely nothing more exhilarating than having your three mains die and trying to hold it together with the back up squad long enough to get the other three back in the fight. It didn't happen to me in the final boss fight, but it sure as hell happened a few times later in the game and it was GLORIOUS!!!
    I find it mystifying why some people aren't willing to take the time to do that properly..
    It's simply part of the game...

Articles
    Blog Entries

(Speaking for myself) Because you'll hardly ever need your reserves if you properly strengthen your three main chars. Especially if you have Bubble, Protega and Shellga. And if you do need the reserves, you can quickly use a Phoenix Down with each of them on one of your dead members and you will quite certainly be saved. Even if your reserves are only around ~1500 to ~2500 HP (Including License Board Bonuses), they will probably survive at least one attack. And using a Phoenix Down won't even need the time to survive that long. Looking at these facts, I simply think it's a waste of time.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Do what properly? Level up everyone? Because there's no reason to even bother to be honest. Why spend twice as much time leveling (or spend half your time on each group) when leveling three is more than sufficient to beat the game and the various side quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean
    Even if your reserves are only around ~1500 to ~2500 HP (Including License Board Bonuses), they will probably survive at least one attack.
    Haha, I didn't even have them that high as I recall. I believe all except Basch were in the hundreds with him in the low thousands. Still below 1,500 I believe.

Default well I do it...

shrugs...
    I don't care how long it takes.
    I even leveled up Cloud in FF Tactics....
    I guess I must just be..well..strange...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can sorta agree with Vivi22 here as I have all but Yiazmat and Omega Mk.XII to deal with in this game and my party is in their mid 70's last I checked, I'm usually surprised to hear how often people max out their parties levels but I've yet to see a real point. A proper Gambit set-up can allow you to tackle much stronger creatures quickly than just power leveling. My only reason for not beating Yiazmat (he's like down to a few life bars if I remember correctly) is cause I simply got bored fighting him. I took down Ultima, Great Behemoth, and the Shadow Seer when my party was in their 50's which is about the level needed to beat the game.

You just need a good set-up of equips, Gambits, and just stay on your toes and you can beat down the Final Boss, the most aggravating ability he has is the Palings which allow him to get several free hits on your party.

Otherwise, I'm happy he was a bit more challenging than previous FF Final bosses.

In almost every game I've ever played, I try to keep my levels as low as possible so as to not ruin the fun of the end-game. However, unless you run away from a lot of fights, then you end up being over-leveled for the final bosses of pretty much any RPG that I've played and can think of. And as someone else said in this topic, FF bosses in particular seem to be getting quite weak these days [as if they weren't easy enough to begin with]. Anyone can obviously spend a lot of time leveling their party so they can sit there and utterly obliterate the final boss effortlessly, but then where's the fun in that? You basically end up getting in this situation which takes what little challenge the game has to offer away, however amusing it may be.

Oh and, I'm aware I already posted that link in another topic, but it was the first humorous example I could think of.

For the record, I haven't finished FF XII just yet because I got distracted with other games, but I plan to resume and complete it soon. After that, I'll see for myself what kind of final boss they did this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYWOLF View Post
    shrugs...
    I don't care how long it takes.
    I even leveled up Cloud in FF Tactics....
    I guess I must just be..well..strange...
    I was just talking about him in the FFT topic that Wolf Kanno made. I got him too, and for fun I took the time to level him up so he would be up-to-par with the rest of my party. However from what little I can remember from my play-through of FFT, the final boss was easy [yet again]. And for the record, Cloud was useless in FFT as far as I can recall. VeloZer0 mentioned some type of technique to use with Cloud that was actually useful and practical, but for the most part all I can remember is that all of Cloud's ultra-powerful Limit Breaks took at least 7~12 turns to activate. I saw absolutely no point to him having these abilities other than to try them out once just to see the "oooh pretty!" graphics they did for them, and the kind of damage they could dish out so you could at least get a good look at what you won't be using.