Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default I just don't get it

Is Owen Wilson hot? Really?

Owen Wilson?

This guy?

He's got something Donald Trumpish about his face, I suppose that in itself can't possibly be a good thing. Then there's the nose, why isn't your skin crawling by the mere thought of coming in contact with it? If he was dating Monica in an episode of Friends, she would constantly look at it and when they talk she would blurt out stupid stuff like "I didn't mean to be nosy" or "strike a nose! err, I mean pose! POSE! not nose, pose! Strike a pose!" and then she would break up with him at the end of the episode because she would let a silly thing like that ruin the relationship. It's not silly though, it's a scary ass nose.

Point is, I keep seeing Owen Wilson on hot celebrities lists, and then I keep wondering who put him on them. I know I'm a male and I'm supposedly not able to tell whether a man is a attractive or not, but I like to think I'm able to tell in most cases. Oh well!

Topic #1: Females, homosexuals and bisexuals, is Owen Wilson attractive?

Topic #2: Is there a same sex celebrity sex symbol that you don't understand the attraction of at all?

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh god absolutely not. I can't ever watch any movies with him in them because I just can't bear to look at that face for an extended period of time. It's not even the nose. I could forgive the nose if the rest of the face was decent.

As for topic #2...I could go on forever. But the one on my mind right now is Hayden Panatierre. Really. There was like 50 of her at my high school. What's so special D:
    --Box Box Box Box

NO! I didn't realize people found him attractive, to be honest. His brother isn't looking that great these days either, and I thought Luke looked at least decent in The Royal Tenenbaums, whatever don't judge me.

#2: Angelina Jolie. Easy answer, but it's the first that comes to mind.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hot? Definitely not.

Charismatic? Yup. And that counts for a lot. Makes me sad to think about him trying to kill himself. He never seemed like a particularly sad or depressed kinda guy. But supposedly a lot of comedians have bouts with depression. Anyway the more charming a guy is, the more attractive he becomes. It's just how it works.

Jim from The Office isn't technically a good looking guy (SPOILER) but he's so sweet and charming that he just gets cuter and cuter until that funky nose and cheeks aren't really an issue anymore.

Johnny Depp looks like a hobo these days and he still tops the Sexiest Man Alive lists. It's been YEARS since Depp looked downright hot, but he has that je ne sais quoi that makes him attractive to people.

And and, I hate Hayden Panatierre. I don't hate a lot of actors, but I hate her. I can't stand watching her in ANYTHING.

Blog Entries

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

personally I don’t think Owen Wilson is hot but since I look just like him I better vote yes for my own sake

um, paul mccartney? i dunno.

He's okay. I think the main attraction about him is that he's charismatic, like Miriel said.

As for topic number 2, I'd say someone like Cristiano Ronaldo. I don't get it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's not conventionally hot but as Miriel says, he has a lot of charisma. And that's even better.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Charisma does indeed make someone attractive. I mainly just found him annoying in Wedding Crashers and Marley & Me though, haven't seen anything else of his.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Hot? Definitely not.

Charismatic? Yup. And that counts for a lot. Makes me sad to think about him trying to kill himself. He never seemed like a particularly sad or depressed kinda guy. But supposedly a lot of comedians have bouts with depression. Anyway the more charming a guy is, the more attractive he becomes. It's just how it works.

Jim from The Office isn't technically a good looking guy (SPOILER) but he's so sweet and charming that he just gets cuter and cuter until that funky nose and cheeks aren't really an issue anymore.

Johnny Depp looks like a hobo these days and he still tops the Sexiest Man Alive lists. It's been YEARS since Depp looked downright hot, but he has that je ne sais quoi that makes him attractive to people.

And and, I hate Hayden Panetierre. I don't hate a lot of actors, but I hate her. I can't stand watching her in ANYTHING.
    I agree with everything Miriel says. I used to like Hayden at first but... she lost her charm pretty quick.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Eh . . . not my cup of tea.

Then again, I tend to disagree with what a lot of people think of as hot (Johnny Depp, Robert Pattinson, George Clooney, Brad Pitt (most of the time), and the list goes on and on). Basically, you could name a male celebrity thought of as "hot" and I can point out specifically why I think they're not.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

No. The whole nose and mouth area is just kinda ew. Also that weird thing he does with his mouth.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jack Sparrow is hot. Johnny Depp is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    No. The whole nose and mouth area is just kinda ew. Also that weird thing he does with his mouth.
    That's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    That's what I was thinking.
    Totally agree. Its just...Well there aren't any words for it