Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: People that annoy you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Slow drivers in the non-slow driving lanes.

ARGH. Move the smurf over!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko
    Most of all though, I hate people who find it necessary to lay on the horn of they're smurfing car. Don't honk at me while I'm in a car that says "Student Driver" on it you assholes.
    I agree with both of you. I feel horrible for learner drivers who get honked at for not reverse parking quickly enough, completing a three-point turn in three points or even just driving at the speed limit.

I hate tailgaters too. With city driving, most of time spent behind the wheel will be at or near traffic lights, so what's the point of wanting to go slightly faster. Unless you have a sixth sense that tells you that you won't make the next light unless you do 90kph for the next 500 metres, stfu with the horn and high beams and dangerous driving.

But probably more so than any other breed of driver, I find irresponsible provisional drivers the most annoying. I once encountered a car being driven by someone who had clearly just got his licence. He was doing well over the limit, had his mates dangling out the windows yelling godknowswhat at other motorists. I respect that if you pass your test, you have just as much right as anyone else to use the roads, but if you're going to act like a complete douchebag, take a chill pill. No one cares that you can drive. And I'm sure no one else but you thinks you're have a natural talent for it.

So anyway, I'm slightly behind this guy in a lane next to him. He tries to cross over into my lane but there's not enough room for him. My bonnet is well past his quarter panel, but he tries for it anyway. Luckily, it was a wide road and I'm able to swerve slightly away before laying on the horn. Then, for some reason, his friends all start making obscene gestures at me from in front, as if I had done something wrong. Little while later, he goes back to his lane because I guess he found the one I was in too slow and as he approaches an amber light, slams on the brakes when he should've clearly gone through it. He causes an accident behind him but drives off, not realising his role in it. Later on again, I'm behind him again because we've both turned off onto a smaller road that curves around a bay. He's excited to see there are no cars in front of him and floors it through a fairly long, gentle curve. Maybe he saw the guy who honked him in his rearview and wanted to show me how his Supra could own my Corolla. If his intention was to impress, it didn't go well, because he veered too close to the kerb and didn't realise his rear kerbside wheel had gone up a driveway. The car slams back down on the road violently as he drives through it and the aftermarket rear bumper comes loose and drags behind his car for another 200-300 metres before he has the common sense to stop.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

People with pig-human hybrids in their sig are the worst. It's like, wanna change that sig buddy? And they're like no. And I'm like argh you utter douuuuuche get a life

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah well your sig's not so hot either, buddy. When did writing text across the page like a normal person go out of fashion? I'm like, what the hell order do I read this in? "The were thirteen the days" or what? Don't even get me started on the changing colours.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Are we to live our lives holding our tongue and watching our feet to never step on anyone else's toes? I will jokingly and seriously call any band sucky to people I know.
    The point ------>
    Your head

People always say that complain I'm too elitist to their music tastes, but the ironing is that I never start the elitism contest 99% of the time. But these wannabe elitists always whine that I'm too elitist because I happen to be better at being elitist than they are.

The only reason I hold my tongue is to try avoid an argument with the person that they clearly have no chance of winning, not because I'm afraid of hurting their feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Does it really matter whether I say I think the band someone's playing "Sucks serious ", or "Well, I really don't like this band."
    It does matter.

The former almost always get them butthurt enough to start to try and out-elitist me, the latter almost never does.

Once again, it's not mostly the elitism that bothers me. It's the fact that almost everybody is really bad at it, that bothers me.
    Last edited by PuPu; 02-13-2010 at 07:05 PM.

I tend to be very tolerant, so it usually takes a lot for me to complain out loud. Actually, people who complain way too much annoy me. Optimism is the way to go yo!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Slow drivers in the non-slow driving lanes.

ARGH. Move the smurf over!
    Seriously. Around here there are a ton of old people drivers who go the speed limit (or less), regardless of the lane they're in.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My Mom sometimes purposely slows down when some jerks start tailgating her

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Negative people get on my nerves. One of my friends does this thing where if I say something bad which has happened to me, it's happened to her and about 5x worse. It just annoys me so much xD It's not a competition!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hate people that spout random clichés that they've been brainwashed into believing even though they have no clue as to the true meaning of the things they say.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't stand people who use/take advantage of others. I don't mind making a cheesecake when you ask me to but if you're not going to do the dishes when I ask you to especially when the sink is nearly overflowing, forget it, no more cheesecakes

a lot of things annoy me, but one of them are those people who on busses or at traffic lights, feel the need to press the button on either of these things after somebody else has done it before them, especially if they can clearly see that somebody has pressed the button before them. It's not the case that I must be the first to press it either, It's just a waste of time, pressing it again will do nothing. Pointless.
    JET SET RADIOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Hey my Mum does this too!
    People that judge people on what they see bug me and also people who take up the entire pavement! What for?!!! Why do they do it?!

I junctioned your GF ;) BardTard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    What types of people really annoy you. I'm not talking about someone that is a dick, like someone who pokes and prods you and talks to you when you don"t want to hear it, but rather something different, for example...

1. Someone who says that things were made better back in the day. I don't want to hear it.

2. Someone who announces something before they do it. Either I can see you are getting your fricken mashed potatoes, or I don't care.

3. Someone who constantly states the obvious. Yes, I was aware that he caught the ball, thank you.

My grandpa fits all of the characteristics I said, actually.
    2 of these 3 things fit me. I don't think I have to say which ones they are. Haha.

Types of people that annoy me:

1. People who constantly talk about babies and trying to conceive. (My friend's stepbrother is watching something on TV at the moment about some pregnant girl...ugh)

2. People that are either hypocrites or just can't make up their mind. I can never tell the difference between these two seem to go hand in hand.

3. People who press you for information that you don't want to give because it will hurt someone's feelings. Example: "Why don't you come around anymore?" (Your house is nasty)

4. People who pretend they like something, or understand something (for reasons unknown) and don't even know when they agree with something that contradicts their beliefs.

That's all for now.

I hate people who (mostly on facebook) say "good times" or "bad times". That's fine if you're talking about good/bad times that have past, but when people say "gonna stay in tonight, watch a film and chill out - good times!" it brings my piss to a boil. You don't know if it's going to be a good time yet, it hasn't happened. Moron.

I also hate people moaning about how much better things were "back in the day". Like they're all high and mighty because they know about it.

I also hate people who walk slowly in the street (unless they're really old, or have some sort of disability), I just want to punch them in the back of the head.

And most of all, I hate David Cameron with a passion. If there is one person I could punch in the face with no repercussions, it would be his smug mug.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by FaithWontFall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Hey my Mum does this too!
    Me too!