Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games which make you cower in fear

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Default Games which make you cower in fear

Which games have reduced to a shivering crying wreck?

I'm about half way through Zelda Ocarina Of Time Master Quest, and ohhhh my god, the ZOMBIES guys, the freaking zombies make me cry so much I can't bear to hold the controller. I just did the 'Under the well' mini-dungeon, and I screamed with fear three times much to my sibling's amusement as I have a really sore throat at the moment and it hurts me to speak never mind scream! At one point, there's a ring of zombies and my brother tells me to stun them (yes, good) but to then use Din's Fire as a method of hurting them all at once, but after doing said move the zombies became un-stunned and came towards me. I forgot to mention that they were also on fire. I friggin PANICKED. ;____;

I'm talking about these fellas:

Which game let me have nightmares?

Easy one. Silent Hill.

But I hate these Zelda zombies and their "Uhhh...". And I hate it every time I see them in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

But I hate this Brain Eater in Ocarina of Time with these hands which grow out of the earth and which try to hold you so he can attack you even more than the zombies.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-16-2010 at 11:17 PM.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by cetra1 View Post
    But I hate these Zelda zombies and their "Uhhh...". And I hate it every time I see them in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

But I hate this Brain Eater in Ocarina of time with these hands which grow out the earth and which try to hold you so he can attack you even more than the zombies.
    YES OH MY GOD YOU UNDERSTAND TOO. I refuse to go through hyrule as adult link if I can avoid it, and the song of sun is like the only one I have memorized I use it that much to stun them.

Yeahh, I just went against that too xD my brother made me laugh though by saying the 'Brain Eater' was walking in a really queer way. I also screamed at the mummy!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was not expecting this to be a Zelda thread. xD

Condemned was pretty good for atmosphere, I think.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That thing with the hands in OoT is the being that gives everything nightmares in Hyrule

My friends calls it Aunt Jemima for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    YES OH MY GOD YOU UNDERSTAND TOO. I refuse to go through hyrule as adult link if I can avoid it, and the song of sun is like the only one I have memorized I use it that much to stun them.
    Get Epona, then there is no problem in the night.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by cetra1 View Post
    Get Epona, then there is no problem in the night.
    Noo, I mean inside the grounds xD

This isn't a Zelda thread!
    but I JUST did that dungeon, so it's fresh on my mind :{

Noo, I mean inside the grounds xD
    I see.

You've said "I refuse to go through hyrule", that's why I thought you wouldn't just mean the dungeons.

It's too bad I cannot find my Pad. Otherwise I would have made some scary screenshots about Zelda.

I heard Bioshock was scaree.

Those mutated, radiated things in Fallout 3 scared the out of me when I turned a corner.

Demon's Souls brings a whole new level to the definition of fear.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

The following two scenes from Silent Hill 2 have always creeped the living smurfing BAJESUS out of me. Shiverrrrrrrrrrs.

YouTube - Silent Hill 2 Cutscenes 54 - Angela, After boss

YouTube - SILENT HILL 2 Angela at the burning staircase

Those cylinders in the wall of the first video make me feel queasy.

I remember the Zelda face-raping zombies lol Horny bastards

Scary video games came along much too late for me. Scary movies no longer worked. And neither did scary video games. But a game that still managed to put me in the trill of the moment for freakish head trippy sometimes startling things going on was Eternal Darkness

It's too bad that virtually nobody has played or can ever again play System Shock 2. That game just reeks of scary atmosphere in a way I've yet to see matched with games of the last few generations.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    It's too bad that virtually nobody has played or can ever again play System Shock 2. That game just reeks of scary atmosphere in a way I've yet to see matched with games of the last few generations.
    I "obtained" a copy a little while ago, but haven't really played much yet to be honest. Great atmosphere, but it hasn't seemed to age well on the gameplay side.

As for scaring the crap out of me, Silent Hill 3. Always Silent Hill 3. Nothing matches the scare factor there. As far as fear of dying in a game though it's probably Demon's Souls. That or Ghosts & Goblins.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The Chozo Ghosts in Metroid Prime scare me. It gets dark and quiet and they rush at you through the walls.