Thread: Circle Lenses

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Circle Lenses

I read a post mentioning Leah Dizon that reminded me of these. What do you think of circle lenses - they're colored contacts that are designed to make your eyes look bigger (not to be confused with regular contacts or ones with just color in them with the normal prescription)? They're huge in Korea and Japan, and are becoming more prevalent in US cities like NY and LA now.

I know they're supposed to be "creepy", but I really think they're cute looking. I kind of want a pair now, in my eye color, to make my eyes look big. But I've never seen them in my eye color - usually only in things like honey, black, china blue, green, etc.

I heard that they're bad, health wise, but I wonder if that's contacts in general, which, for me, hasn't really been the truth.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm just hearing about this, so I'll admit my opinion is pretty much a knee-jerk reaction, but I think that's kind of weird. Is it supposed to make you look more doe-eyed or what?

I've seen Michelle Phan use them in her makeup tutorials. xD

I want darker eyes as it is. Even more ugly blue is a no for now. :p I guess they could be cute after a bit, but suddenly seeing someone familiar with them on would be require a second or third glance.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry Rye, but I stopped reading at 'Leah Dizon' and then started browsing in Google Images.

But going off your thread title, I think circle lenses are hot. I'd try them out (do they even make them with more 'masculine' designs) but I think I look better with preppy, thick, black-rimmed glasses.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

They're okay, I suppose, in some ways. The negative side for me is almost certainly that, well, it's faking your appearance and I don't like fakes. Natural looks to me are important, and eyes fit into that as well. Finding out a girl that I thought had beautiful eyes actually was just using contacts would be a case of disappointment for me.

I agree with the idea that eyes tell a lot about a person, and disguising that can take away some of the attachment that you can get with some people.

Rye: Aren't your eyes big already?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

They wholeheartedly creep me out. People who wear those things remind me of those dolls that come to life in the middle of the night and axe your head off. Besides, I think eyes are nice as they are.
    Just saying. I'll stick to my normal contact lenses instead.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

Never heard of them before, but they sound kinda creepy to be honest xD

Contact lenses in general are great, though! I've used them for 7 years now.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have never heard of these before! But after googling I find them to be a bit....creepy. Which is just find because I already have big eyes and these would make me look like a monster probably!

I also agree with Loony BoB on the whole finding out some really pretty eyes on someone are actually fake. Wtf. This is why I don't like color contacts either
    --Box Box Box Box

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Barney would call that The Crazy Eye.
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 03-04-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: I am made well grammar.

oh god reading "lenses" is enough to make me sick, geometrical optics has given me such a headache these past few weeks. thanks rye.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I think they can be nice for reasons of creating a look or style but to make yourself look more generically attractive it's a fail.

Banned

dumb, like the kind that emo kids wear

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

They are perfect for staring contests. Use them to strike at your foe with to instill fear upon their soul.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I THINK THEY'RE ADORABLE EVERYONE BE ANIME ALL THE TIME SUPER KAWAIIIIIIII!!!

But, seriously, they're for costume play and stuff, don't wear them like they're a serious cosmetic item or I will mock you forever. It's like wearing fox ears and being all "lol I'm just hanging out with you no one notice my freaky fox ears."