Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eleventh Doctor (Spoilers for all episodes shown in UK)

Blog Entries

Default Eleventh Doctor (Spoilers for all episodes shown in UK)

Has anyone made a thread on this yet? My appologies if so.

I think Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are doing very well. Not a fan of the bowtie though, makes him look like a waiter. But maybe thats a metaphor about how he serves humanity. At first when I heard Steven Moffat would be the new writer I was abit sceptical as I wasnt really a fan of the Library episode or the Clockwork robots but so far i havent been disapointed.

What are your opinions?

edit: also who do you think Amy is engaged to? It heavily implies Rory but they might try to surprise us.
    edit 2: I hope it's the master
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I am actually a huge fan of the two episodes you mentioned Moffat wrote so I've been fired up for this series. I really liked the moral choice in the recent one, even if Amy deus ex machina'd her way out of it. Good stuff.

Although then I saw there were sodding Daleks in the next episode. Yes, I get they're great merchandising tools, but they just bore me to tears now. And every time they do appear it makes the ending of the Time War seem more and more pointless. I mean, the show makes a big deal out of how he is the Last of the Time Lords in every smurfing episode and yet the Daleks show up every five minutes making his sacrifice worthless.

Christ, look at me complain! I still love Doctor Who to pieces and I cannot stress this enough. (just no more Daleks, please!)

Banned
    Blog Entries

i thought churchill was more slurred with his speech and having him is weird but pretty cool actually. makes the show british, matt is good.

I love Matt, he's adorable and i find him less irritating than David Tennant (who i did love but had some seriously sucky episodes).
    The assistant is gorgeous! they work very well together, can't wait to see more. I don't like the new look they've given River Song tho, she looks ridiculous and a lot older
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

"WOULD YOU CARE FOR SOME TEA!?"

Last episode was pretty good but im not sure about the new Dalek Power Rangers
    Have a nice day!!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Amy Pond is fit.

And the Library episode is glorious. Girl in the Fireplace is one of the best Doctor Who episodes ever. You, sir, fail at knowing good stuff.

So yeah. Moffat is a god. Was Blink his as well? Probably. He's a genius.

I'm with Psy on the whole "smurfING DALEKS" thing, but I can understand it I guess. And it looks, at least, to be an interesting use of them (haven't seen the episode yet).

Matt is okay. He's not as good as Tennant at being pissed off because it all just sounds toffy. I'm not sure if that's his acting or simply his voice/accent. But he's good at being absolutely mental, which is when I like the Doctor best.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Amy Pond is fit.

So yeah. Moffat is a god. Was Blink his as well? Probably. He's a genius.
    Yes, and yes.

Need to watch the new one later. I'm not a big fan of Doctor Who because I can't STAND all this deus ex machina stuff (Seriously you're complaining about realizing an old dude was nice in a show where people clapped their hands because they believed and it turned Gollum into Jesus?) But it's fun enough on those occasions I can sufficiently deactivate my brain.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

I don't like any of them, and I keep trying to give him a chance but I can't. And the woman assistant person is bloody annoying; she has the same damned wide-eyed look and it's MADDENING.

Both = ugh.

Though I've been off D.W since Eccleston..or whatever his name wants to be.

I am not a man

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I admit, Pond is always surprised.

Blog Entries

I kept getting the feeling the Library episode was trying to scare me but I just wasnt scared. Not as mucha s Blink anyway which I did enjoy.

And I also dislike the use of Deus ex Machina, particularly when he points his sonic screwdriver at something and it miraculously works.
    Have a nice day!!

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

I think that both of them are pretty good, although I do feel like Matt version of the doctor that much. Its like hybrid of Tennants and one of the old doctors. Maybe he he will make it his own later in the series.
    Also....he has no eyebrows........

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

And the Library episode is glorious. Girl in the Fireplace is one of the best Doctor Who episodes ever. You, sir, fail at knowing good stuff.
    100% smurfing agreed with all of this. Girl in the Fireplace is probably my favourite episode. Rewatched Blink and the Library dual parter the other day too and they were as good as I remember. He also did the fantastic Empty Child in series 1 of new Who so everything he does turns to gold.

The thing about the Daleks is that when there are huge armies of them like in a fair few of the finales, it's just smurfing stupid and not remotely scary. When there's just a couple of them and they're desperate they make much better villains.

also "You are the Daleks! YOU ARE EVIL! *smashes with giant wrench*" "YOU DO NOT RE-QUIRE TEAAAAA?"

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Amy Pond is fit.

Matt is okay. He's not as good as Tennant at being pissed off because it all just sounds toffy. I'm not sure if that's his acting or simply his voice/accent. But he's good at being absolutely mental, which is when I like the Doctor best.
    Thank you for posting my opinion, it saves me the effort.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    100% smurfing agreed with all of this. Girl in the Fireplace is probably my favourite episode. Rewatched Blink and the Library dual parter the other day too and they were as good as I remember. He also did the fantastic Empty Child in series 1 of new Who so everything he does turns to gold.

The thing about the Daleks is that when there are huge armies of them like in a fair few of the finales, it's just smurfing stupid and not remotely scary. When there's just a couple of them and they're desperate they make much better villains.

also "You are the Daleks! YOU ARE EVIL! *smashes with giant wrench*" "YOU DO NOT RE-QUIRE TEAAAAA?"
    I had the Empty Child in the back of my mind whilst thinking about Moffat (boy if someone walked in on this conversation now ). All the best episodes of Who are all Moffat. The man needs a shrine installed in every...well, where.

Agreed on Daleks. For some reason, there is a negative correlation between the intelligence of Daleks and the amount of Daleks in the same place at one time. One Dalek seems to be able to give the Doc a run for his money, yet when there are infinitybillion of them, he wipes them away like some monotone cumshot. GRAGH.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Greatest Dalek episodes are definitely the ones where there's just one or a handful, like Dalek and Daleks in Manhattan.