Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pain thresholds.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Default Pain thresholds.

Do you consider yourself as having a pain threshold? or are you a complete and utter weakling in the face of pain?

I would like to think of myself as having a high pain threshold, but I'm not sure I do. I have a lot of piercings (my count is now 10. TEN!) and so everyone thinks that means I "love" pain. No - every single one of them has frigging HURT. I just know I'll like the outcome and I'm willing to withstand pain in order to gain a piercing. I'm yet to try tattoos, but I'm 18 soon >:}

For those who are in the know in piercing terminology, i have: the naval, helix, tragus, anti-tragus, rook, 3xlobe, nose and my latest is the conch.

~~

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Pain hurts ;_;

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Pain hurts ;_;
    QFT

I'm also really bad with hunger pain. If I get hungry I will not shut up about it.
    jkhkjg

Blog Entries

Getting a piercing never really bothered me. It's done relatively fast, and it's over too soon for for pain to really set in.

I suppose I can take a great deal of pain. Not gonna sit here and claim that I'm perfect or anything like that, but that's the way it is, and the way it (hopefully) stays.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Chri$ View Post
    Getting a piercing never really bothered me. It's done relatively fast, and it's over too soon for for pain to really set in.
    This I agree with. Except certain piercings which linger. Examples, my rook and inner-conch (which I've had to go and take paracetamol for!). I squealed like a baby getting the rook.

Quote Originally Posted by Chri$ View Post
    I suppose I can take a great deal of pain. Not gonna sit here and claim that I'm perfect or anything like that, but that's the way it is, and the way it (hopefully) stays.
    Pretty much the same for me too! I can honestly only remember two or so instances of enduring horrid pain, and I think I took it relatively well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

pain is weakness leaving the body, and being weak sucks balls. Plus I think it's hot to get slapped or hit by a woman.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't take pain to well sometimes, but there are times I can take it. *shrug*

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Out of curiosity I looked all of those up. Someday you are not going to have ears, Zeldy!

Ever wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramp? It's like "OMFG someone shot me in my sleep!!" D: And then proceed to grab onto the headboard like it's some kind of life preserver, like it stands between you and certain death.

Or maybe that's just me and I have a low pain threshold.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It depends. If the pain happens whilst I'm doing something, I'll just ignore it. If necessary, I can simply ignore quite high levels of pain. I don't view pain as something to run away screaming from, it merely tells me that something is happening. If it hurts enough to be threatening, I trust my body to react automatically and get whatever is hurting somewhere safe.

Having said that, if I just stub my toe or something else that happens with no future goal in mind, I'll make a big fuss. Possibly because I find it funny, but I'm not really sure. I rarely understand my reasons for doing things.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Loved getting my other ear piercings the gasp afterwards is refreshing. I suppose not until you're tied up and getting a proper lashing (SPOILER)(that wasn't meant to sound quite so kinky) do you realise whether you can handle pain or not.

Personally though, I'm pretty good with sharp pain (i.e. say, you fall into/onto glass and all that and you're bleeding and it's all messy) but I hate blunt pain, such as bruises and things. Something about that dullness makes me whine. A lot.

I am not a man

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I've been beat with plenty of blunt objects and took a good blast of pepperspray in the face. I'm really no stranger to pain, we're kind of homies.

I'm good with pain. I've had an industrial piercing twice, fallen out of an extremely tall tree, had a door slammed on my hand repeatedly, fallen out of a truck going 70 mph, broken my tailbone numerous times, had the complete and total beaten out of me quite a few times, used to get belt whipped until I was 11, and broken my arm and middle finger twice.

There are more, but I'm too lazy to type them out.
    "We're not the same, dear, as we used to be.
    The seasons have changed and so have we.
    There was little we could say, and even less we could do
    To stop the ice from getting thinner under me and you."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I easily whine when I'm feeling uncomfortable, but i can handle quite a bit of pain if I have to
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?