Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Do you mean dicking as in "Ha, I totally dicked that guy :shoot:" or "Ha, I totally dicked that guy "?

Hmmm...good question..Well if you consider how justice is served in the lawless west I could gather it might involve some dancing to the tune of five revolvers!

My friend brought this game over Friday night and I played it for a while and for Rockstar Games (a game company I don't care too much for), I didn't mind it. Although it did have a GTA feel to it, but Western themed. A good rent, but not for purchase for me.
    I enjoyed the music and the environments are GIANT which is very nice to see.
    As I said, tonnes of fun, but in my opinion not worth buying.

Thanks proxy! Always nice to hear opinions from folks with varied tastes. Seems as though rockstar hasn't broken into the next generation completely. Their texture and level composition feels unblended and basic. It's possible their style serves as a hallmark, but in this day and age graphics are pushing limits of the consoles and I believe there is some slack to be made up in that department for rockstar. This brings me to the question: is r.d.d. capable of pushing our consoles?
    Last edited by Tseng; 05-31-2010 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    This brings me to the question: is r.d.d. capable of pushing our consoles?
    You're welcome for one =P
    and for your question: I really think it had the potential and capable and push consoles as well as to be mind-blowing but perhaps Rockstar didn't want to push the envelope too far, and stuck to what they did best. Granted it's a slight graphic improvement from the GTA series, but not much more.

I really can't believe how the environments are. It feels like you could walk for days without reload screens and its so very impressive.
    That in this game you can travel from the starting town, to another city across a HUGE terrain that takes maybe 5-10 mins depending on how fast you want to travel and get to explore the new town without loading times and such heavily detailed towns and surroundings is...well I said it before. Mind-blowing.

It's too bad that they didn't go as far as they could have with it. Or I might have bought it. Maybe.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Me and Psy went online 2 player team up style. We laid some smackdown on people and had some good fun. I gotta admit I like it so far I've not even touched the single player yet, Psy was just like "dude you need to do multiplayer" and well we know what I'm like when Psy asks me to play it's not a case of maybe it's a case of when, where and what game? We went hunting and that was fun, the Cougars are lethal! I can see a group of us on the 360 having one hell of a time forming a posse and just dicking people around though even the online gang hideouts are huge.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This one time, I saved a whore from a stabbin', but then I hogtied her and rode out into the wilderness, and when I heard a bobcat, I untied her and shot her in the ankle. Then I watched her limp away until it took her down.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Me and Psy went online 2 player team up style. We laid some smackdown on people and had some good fun. I gotta admit I like it so far I've not even touched the single player yet, Psy was just like "dude you need to do multiplayer" and well we know what I'm like when Psy asks me to play it's not a case of maybe it's a case of when, where and what game? We went hunting and that was fun, the Cougars are lethal! I can see a group of us on the 360 having one hell of a time forming a posse and just dicking people around though even the online gang hideouts are huge.
    I’ve had this game since it was released, and I’ve only played Singe player twice. I like to take it slow... to savor it :cool:

Blog Entries

Ok so I know they done it for the fact that it is smurfing cool to get attacked by all these different creatures however 9 times in 10 unless something is wrong with the Cougar/Wolf or something is wrong with the person it's attacking it just doesn't happen. Bears however are another story...would be cool for you to pretty much scare animals away so long as you're not wounded. Especially since yesterday I got attacked by a cougar as soon as I respawned (it had killed me by attacking me whilst I was at full gallop!) yeah I got dicked by a frigging Cougar more than I got dicked by the guys we were giving crap to.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    This one time, I saved a whore from a stabbin', but then I hogtied her and rode out into the wilderness, and when I heard a bobcat, I untied her and shot her in the ankle. Then I watched her limp away until it took her down.
    The best thing to do is drag them from the back of your horse through the wilderness and go fishing for cougars. When your bait gets mauled, you know you've got a live one!

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've tried that a few times, but they never live long enough for me to find anything. xD

Blog Entries

Me and Psy had this massive hunting trip today, tell ya what those Cougars are nasty killing the "legendary" bear was easier!

Articles

I would normally fast travel all over a game world like this, but my advice to anyone playing it, especially if they are doing single player, is just to ride there yourself unless you're pressed for time. Each journey always ends up as an adventure - there will always be something that happens on the way there.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Agreed. I only rarely fast travel because just travelling around is itself a lot of fun.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I just unlocked the Northeast. I love this game, though I agree with Paul's assessment on things in Mexico, the problem is that I just spend so so much time dicking around, kidnapping whores and cruelly murdering them, riding the rails, and simply filling people will bullets in Dead Eye.

Oh btw when you duel with that one Mexican army dude on the final Mexico mission, did anyone else have as much trouble as I did? For some reason John just didn't get his together on that one, had to do it like 8 times. The only other times I lost a duel were when I did so to see what happened, and when I tried to shoot the guy's hat and gun instead of his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I got dicked a few times on the road up to the palace where the gatling gun emplacement was, but never in the duel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Ok so I know they done it for the fact that it is smurfing cool to get attacked by all these different creatures however 9 times in 10 unless something is wrong with the Cougar/Wolf or something is wrong with the person it's attacking it just doesn't happen. Bears however are another story...would be cool for you to pretty much scare animals away so long as you're not wounded. Especially since yesterday I got attacked by a cougar as soon as I respawned (it had killed me by attacking me whilst I was at full gallop!) yeah I got dicked by a frigging Cougar more than I got dicked by the guys we were giving crap to.
    Reading these, it's clear that I'm so much better than all of you. Can't wait to get online and show you girls how a real man handles his gun.

Wait, that was unintentionally gay.