Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Thread: Red Dead Redemption

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

really really really want all of this DLC right this second

I can't enjoy this game's single player. I borrowed it from a friend but it seems this game is not for me. Here's why:

(SPOILER)'Mindless' is the word that comes to mind. But first, let me say this; walking through town like a badass cowboy is quite awesome. Duals are cool. Rockstar did a good job keeping things interesting while free roaming.

The story mode however, that's where my problem kicks in. The world in free roam is quite realistic, people care about other people, they have lives and do their thing. But as soon as you start a mission, the game goes over the top one-man-army and every single person you encounter seems nothing more than a mindless zombie. I must've wiped out enemies the equivalent of 4 times the population of Armadillo and noone seems to care. Enemies take cover sometimes, but on a horse they just come charging waiting to get shot. In a world where everything's largely based on realism, this just ruins it for me.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    really really really want all of this DLC right this second
    I’m interested to see how the tomahawk will work, because as far as thrown weapons goes, the throwing knife is already godlike. Unless they make the throwing knife less godlike, which could work I suppose... or if the tomahawk will just act as a supplement to the throwing knife’s stock.
    because, as we have all found out the hard way, there is nothing worse than thinking you have one extra throwing knife and then find things get ugly when trying to snipe with a stick of dynamite

Articles

Dynamite headshots are the best and we all know that.

Dan and I have developed a new way to amuse ourselves in co-op campaigns. You play with randoms and then at the start, take off running. Eventually they die, and they will be forced to watch you. What will they see when they watch?

- Two cowboys walking at the slowest possible pace, side-by-side, down a dusty desert road into the sunset.
    - A grotty miner endlessly trying to punch a cactus.
    - Cowboys chasing after raccoons, skunks, and so forth, kicking them.

The rage this inspires is beautiful for such minimal effort, and nobody has to kill anybody!

However, the best was a chap who really really really wanted to play Ammunition and would quit all non-Ammunition games. So we kept playing on that and acting like horse's asses and he just sat there, endlessly babbling away at how we should get a checkpoint. He was so desperate he tolerated us doing this for ages. Eventually the chance to restart came around, and as the timer ticked down, we switched to skip mission at the last second and his spirit was broken.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dan and I have developed a new way to amuse ourselves in co-op campaigns. You play with randoms and then at the start, take off running. Eventually they die, and they will be forced to watch you. What will they see when they watch?

- Two cowboys walking at the slowest possible pace, side-by-side, down a dusty desert road into the sunset.
    hahahaha that is amazing.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Dynamite headshots are the best and we all know that.
    It’s best when you get the horse with the dynamite and then the dude that was chasing you has a few moments in terror to realize that he’s doomed.

And I applaud your griefing method. Has happened to me once or twice, but I didn’t mind. Just meant more kills for me

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Reading these, it's clear that I'm so much better than all of you. Can't wait to get online and show you girls how a real man handles his gun.
    So how's being killed 25 times in a row without reply working out for you?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

3 way jousts are freaking awesome! Though probably we should've stopped being dicks to one another when we were trying misions.

Ive just borrowed this off a friend on a kind of try before I buy basis.
    So far loving it!
    Cant stop riding my horse around, theres something really reather nice about galloping around taking in the scenery and shooting random animals!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Reading these, it's clear that I'm so much better than all of you. Can't wait to get online and show you girls how a real man handles his gun.
    So how's being killed 25 times in a row without reply working out for you?
    My mic wasn't working . But I took the punishment, got a fair few nifty kills in, and even didn't use my amazing futuristic TV device to jump through the game and headbutt you both for your lame ass commentary. xD Also, headshotting ICeglow with hios own sniper to stop him singing was orgasmic.

Though, readers, don't misunderstand. Psy did beast me with a 25 kill streak haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    3 way jousts are freaking awesome! Though probably we should've stopped being dicks to one another when we were trying misions.
    Haha that was kinda hilarious. THANKS FOR SHOOTING ME ON THE BOAT MAN. No wonder we failed that mission so many times!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

THANKS FOR SHOOTING ME ON THE BOAT MAN. No wonder we failed that mission so many times!
    No problem Arty my boy, any time we do the river I can volunteer you get to watch