Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's try something different

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Default Let's try something different

I thought it would be interesting for the people who hated this game to mention something they liked, and the people who loved it to mention something they disliked.

I'll start things off

I'm a lover, but i disliked the lack of protection from instant death. If i'm not mistaken, every FF up to and including X had protection from instant death attacks, but the highest protection in XII is a mere 50%.

Blog Entries

I'm also a lover, but damn, one or two hints as to how to attain the Zodiac Spear without having to resort to gamefaqs or a strategy guide would've been nice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is my favorite numbered FF, but I hate the levelling system. I mean, they shared Licence Points, why can't the whole party receive XP as well, for God's sake!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lover.

Things like the Zodiac Spear were complete bull. As has been said many a time, you shouldn't require a guide to get the stuff in game. Also, the pacing of the game is terrible. Unless you're blasting through the story, by the time you get to the next cutscene you'll have forgotten why you're doing...well, anything. The game has a good story, it's just that it's horrendously told. As well as that, if you do just blast through for the story, you're usually severely underlevelled at all points.

The voice acting

I like XII

Hmmm..... but I can't think of what I didn't like from this game. I guess it would be the whole exp thing that White Wizard of Fynn mentioned, but even then I don't find that a big of a deal anyway, because I would play with everybody anyway.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    I like XII

Hmmm..... but I can't think of what I didn't like from this game. I guess it would be the whole exp thing that White Wizard of Fynn mentioned, but even then I don't find that a big of a deal anyway, because I would play with everybody anyway.
    I kind of liked having to level my reserves.

The esper designs and how useless they were was awful though

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lover

The Treasure chest system, one of the few joys I get out of dungeon crawling is finding that treasure chest with a shiny new weapon or piece of equipment in it. The fact that less than ten chests in the game only give you a 100% drop rate for said equipment and the rest knocks you crap for cash, a useless item like a Gambit you have twenty of, or ultimately everything but the kick ass item is a bit a of let down for me.

Having the chests respawn doesn't sit well with me either cause I don't like grinding for treasure and I feel its a cardinal sin to do this to a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Gouken View Post
    I kind of liked having to level my reserves.
    I have no problem with it either. In fact, I think the game is more fun this way instead of just sticking with just 3 characters.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Default Definintely not a lover...call me a hater if you wish...

What I liked...?

Probably Montblanc and his hunt club.

Too bad there wasn't more back story and more joint hunts with other members.

Blog Entries

I'm a hater.

I really, really loved the gambit system. I liked the strategizing and it allowed me to read while passing through a dungeon I've already explored a lot.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I love FFXII, but it's so damn hard! I do really well at first, everything is just the right level of difficulty, but then I hit a brick wall on the Leviathan and spend hours grinding!

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YTDN View Post
    The voice acting
    0_o
    I liked how they did different accents for each nationality. It really gave the feel of Ivalice being a diverse world. Although Fran's voice was a bit stilted at times, and the dialogue sounded like they'd swallowed a thesaurus and the complete works of Shakespeare. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

Balthier's voice was . I swear I kept playing just to hear him talk.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I liked the game, but the thing I hated most was literally hitting a wall. I want to explore, but rocks and crap kept getting in my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Having the chests respawn doesn't sit well with me either cause I don't like grinding for treasure and I feel its a cardinal sin to do this to a player.
    I liked this actually, I leveled a few times waiting for the Excalibur to spawn.