Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freya & Amarant

Default Freya & Amarant

(Possible spoilers...probs not needed though, seeing as it's been like ten years since release...Oh well!)

Did any of you guys feel abit, annoyed at the end, when they didn't get together? From the moment they did a little duel thing at Alexandria (sp?) i was sorta hooked on another romance begining.
    But instead Freya gets with sir Fratley, who was just a bore, and Amarant gets with Lani, who was on screen for five minutes and like sir Ratface, boring.
    Freya and Amarant would have cool looking knight/theif/ninja/monk/rastafarian/ronaldmcdonald rat kids ;(

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Lani's not boring, she just didn't get enough screen time to get character development.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Playing through the game now, it seems weird that people try to put Amarant and Freya together as much as they do. There is a lot of fanart of the two of them xD Freya's character seems to be that she is amused by Amarant, but she's spent so long desperately seeking out Sir Fratley, only to get so close and then rebuffed by memory!

It would be kinda interesting if Freya took his memory loss to be grounds to feel free to go after Amarant, but not really true to her character. She and Steiner both have the intense kind of devotion going on.

So, while it is an agreeable looking pairing, and they definitely get enough screen time together to make it happen, it just doesn't follow from her characterization.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHeart View Post
    [B][COLOR=darkorange](Possible spoilers...probs not needed though, seeing as it's been like ten years since release...Oh well!)
    [COLOR=darkorange]Did any of you guys feel abit, annoyed at the end, when they didn't get together? From the moment they did a little duel thing at Alexandria (sp?) i was sorta hooked on another romance begining.
    But instead Freya gets with sir Fratley, who was just a bore, and Amarant gets with Lani, who was on screen for five minutes and like sir Ratface, boring.
    Freya and Amarant would have cool looking knight/theif/ninja/monk/rastafarian/ronaldmcdonald rat kids ;(
    Spoiler warnings are always needed regardless of the age of the film/program/game because not everyone has seen/played it.

Freya and Fratley are already a couple, and I don't remember the game ever official stating the Amarant and Lani were together (though they probably are in Fanfiction) - did I miss something?

PS: Why WERE Freya and Amarant fighting in Alexandria anyway? - I never got that part...

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Freya and Amarant definitely make good friends, but I've never thought anything more of it myself.

I think those two are more of a couple people who are suited to be partners in crime, not really a couple.

ANd I echo rubah's thoughts on the pairing.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the reason some people like the idea of Freya/Amarant is because they fight.

I know it doesn't seam to make sense at first, but if you read FanFictions (although I have yet to read any FFIX ones) there are many Romance Fictions where the couple is two characters who are always fighting with eachother (not to the death or anything, but more compettive fighting).

Blog Entries

Amarant and Freya? Freya had a variety of responses throughout the game, whereas Amarant's seemed to always be, "This sucks, I'm leaving", or something along that attitude. Sir Fratley had the same noble grand-ness that she did, so it would make sense that they were together.

Plus, uh, what IS Amarant?

Blog Entries

I've played the game at least a million times, and I never once thought of them as... together. I guess if your imagination is creative enough, you could pair any of the characters together.

Such as Quina and Vivi.

Ok so personally, if Freya ever wanted to get with Amarant and i were her friend in real life, he's the kinda guy that i would scare away to make sure they didn't go out. He's boring. I don't think either one of 'em should've been paired with anyone though. It'd add to Amarant's mysterious appearance and also add onto the story of Freya by making her long for Fratley forever but never get him. I like morbidity though.

Blog Entries

I hear Freya's a love rat.

sorry

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Clo View Post
    Amarant and Freya? Freya had a variety of responses throughout the game, whereas Amarant's seemed to always be, "This sucks, I'm leaving", or something along that attitude. Sir Fratley had the same noble grand-ness that she did, so it would make sense that they were together.
    I don't think their personalities fit together either. I mainly just don't like the idea of Amarant in an obvious romantic relationship with anyone. He's a tough guy for a reason.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Freya and Fratley are already a couple, and I don't remember the game ever official stating the Amarant and Lani were together (though they probably are in Fanfiction) - did I miss something?
    Amarant and Lani are heavily implied to be together during the scenes that occur after you beat the game.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Always talking about me.

While I see how it could have made sense she was spending years looking for Fratley so that's kinda a big devotion to him.

Blog Entries

Well since there arent many rat people left in the world after Cleyra and Burmecia were destroyed and there arent many of...whatever Amarant is, Im sure Hojo would approve of this couple.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!