Page 91 of 240 FirstFirst ... 41718185868788899091929394959697101111141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3594

Thread: What are you playing right now?

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

just finished dead space 2

soooo good

well actually i was hoping for more of a boss battle

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have mixed feelings about dead space 2.
    I love the weapons and combat in the game, but I hate how much it fails in the horror aspect.
    Dead space 1 wasn't too great in the horror part, but it was still decent. It had a great atmosphere and alright pacing. Dead space 2 just throws pacing out the damn window, and that bugs me quite a lot. I also don't like how they had issac take off his helmet and gave him a crappy personality. I liked the silent Issac, it made him a lot like Link in that he's more of a vessel for the player. At least for me, having Issac remove his helmet all the time and giving him a voice just... it detracts from the game and the atmosphere.
    (This is just my thoughts though, a lot of people loved the game and I can see why. It just wasn't for me.)

Currently finishing up Twilight Princess. I've been taking my sweet ass time with this game, but I currently have 18/20 hearts, and I'm in the second to last dungeon.
    1 heart container and 3 PoH left till I max out my health.
    Zant, you and your bizarre boss fight are next.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 10-28-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Dragon Warrior II. The NES version, not the GBC remake.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i actually felt the pacing of 2 was better than 1, but i'd say that it wasn't very scary compared to 1. i think they didn't introduce enough crap to really freak you out in terms of real fear/horror, but i found 2 more screwed up in some of the situations and settings than 1. there was an atmosphere on the ishimura that just wasn't replicated, ds2 felt less claustrophobic to me and i think that made it less stressful. after reading some reviews most people seem to agree on the change from real survival horror to more action in the sequel. i didn't mind at all, but then, my fave RE game is 4.

or i was just used to the kind of crap they pulled from ds1 lol

it's probably my fave horror series on this gen so far though

edit: i also thought it was a deeper story, even if some of it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. i didn't have a problem with him having a voice by the end, but it took a while getting used to it in the beginning yeah.

(SPOILER)i liked that even though the main bad guy was supposed to be a bad guy, he issued an evac order before stuff went down. i guess i enjoyed the ambiguity of everthing, isaac turning off the power to the gov section to clear his path using the necromorphs was pretty cool, even if by that point he was just doing whatever "nicole" was telling him to.

the most screwed up part for me was probably the day care center, and the attendant/mother/baby scene. the eyeball scene was really well done as well.
    Last edited by krissy; 10-28-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Getting to the end of Xenoblade Chronicles. What a great story and great game. Easily the best JRPG of this generation.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Finished Medievil for the 6th time. That game is too short.... But I still love it!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm playing two games, I tend to rotate my games, and so far, I'm playing:

PC: Unreal Tournament III

Console: Grand Theft Auto IV

I was really missing passive aggressive vehicular manslaughter in Grand theft auto, so I rebooted it. I'm having so much fun! And I also miss using the manta in UTIII to crush the enemy. Ah... good times.

Trying to get better at Chess :-$

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I imagine you're getting pretty good at Liar's Dice though, right?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i actually felt the pacing of 2 was better than 1, but i'd say that it wasn't very scary compared to 1. i think they didn't introduce enough crap to really freak you out in terms of real fear/horror, but i found 2 more screwed up in some of the situations and settings than 1. there was an atmosphere on the ishimura that just wasn't replicated, ds2 felt less claustrophobic to me and i think that made it less stressful. after reading some reviews most people seem to agree on the change from real survival horror to more action in the sequel. i didn't mind at all, but then, my fave RE game is 4.

or i was just used to the kind of crap they pulled from ds1 lol

it's probably my fave horror series on this gen so far though

edit: i also thought it was a deeper story, even if some of it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. i didn't have a problem with him having a voice by the end, but it took a while getting used to it in the beginning yeah.

(SPOILER)i liked that even though the main bad guy was supposed to be a bad guy, he issued an evac order before stuff went down. i guess i enjoyed the ambiguity of everthing, isaac turning off the power to the gov section to clear his path using the necromorphs was pretty cool, even if by that point he was just doing whatever "nicole" was telling him to.

the most screwed up part for me was probably the day care center, and the attendant/mother/baby scene. the eyeball scene was really well done as well.
    I just couldn't take it seriously after the stupid as hell scene where they show you wooo scary stuffa necromorph 2 seconds into the damn game in plain light. That just pissed me off and they did nothing to build up any tension whatsoever. You're just thrown right into it. Hell, even DS1 TRIED to set up some tension.

The combat in both games is so amazing though, as well as the art design and attention to detail. It's a gorgeous game that's actually really damn creative, my only gripe is really the pacing and the drastic change of Issac as a character.
    I wouldn't put it anywhere near my top favorites, but it's still a very well designed game. There was definitely some creepy environments and scenarios though. I won't deny that.The eyeball scene in 2 was definitely creepy, and some areas built up an amazing atmosphere. I thankfully didn't screw it up when I played the frickin' eyeball "minigame".
    Let me just end on this one thing, I LOVE how they used the interface on those games. It's just so awesome.

---------------------------------

So, twilight princess rant.Anyway: I finished TP today, and I have to say... I wish this game wasn't so easy. The monsters don't do nearly enough damage, and you deal far too much. For the last half I basically stopped using the master sword because I was sick of steamrolling all the enemies. The ordon sword makes things far more exciting. I had to use strategy during the fights as I actually had to utilize my 1-hit kill attacks like the upgraded jump strike, mortal blow, and great spin. I switched back to the Master Sword for ganon and I basically kicked his ass so fast I sat on my bed stunned into silence. I remember having quite a tough time as a kid, but even on the horseback section he didn't get a chance to summon his ghostly horsemen before I smacked him around something fierce.

The boss designs and sense of scale in the game is just breahtaking, and nearly every boss is just epic (excluding Zant, Firus, and the forest dungeon boss).

One thing though... the Hyrule Castle theme in this game is so bland and boring. In say... minish cap it was dark and foreboding (Dark Hyrule Castle -- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - YouTube), in this... it is so SO quiet it just makes the final dungeon drag on and on and on. Zelda Twilight Princess Track - 1 Hyrule Castle Ganon - YouTube It's a good song, but it doesn't fit the dungeon whatsoever. I ended up just listening to my own music, something I've never had to do before on this game.

It's been 5 years since I've played this game, and it's aged very well I would say. Metroid Prime is still far more gorgeous and awesome though
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Dragon Age II. Not really as bad as everyone made it out to be. Fulfilling my RPG craving for the time being.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro Jaggins View Post
    Dragon Age II. Not really as bad as everyone made it out to be. Fulfilling my RPG craving for the time being.
    Agreed. I was worried that it would suck bad compared to DAO but it wasn't so bad. The level up scheme was actually better this time. Meh, to each his own.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yukina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yukina View Post
    Haha, same problem here. I always run out of ammo no matter how many bullets I seem to pick up. I end up hustling the zombies or dashing away from them (and getting run over by cars). Gameplay's fine though.
    they are really negative in the reviews online about the game :O
    but i really love it. i jus started 2nd campaing (Leon) and im really getting the re4 feeling with that ^^

it a good game!!! >: (
    It is! I read reviews every now and then but I quickly learned to not rely on them so much. RE6 has been a blast so far. I'm playing local coop with my brother (perks of having gamers in the family!) and it's awesome. :>
    as low i was on ammo @ chris's campaign, that stuffed i am at leon's..
    just 1 more bossfight, and i cant get m down >: (

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Explored every corner of Assassin's Creed 2. Now it's back to Xenoblade Chronicles to finish that one up.
    Forgot to mention this when I made this statement. On our honeymoon Miriel and I went to Tuscany and we got to visit many of the settings from AC2. In particular we explored Florence and San Gimignano and retraced Ezio's footsteps through several landmarks. It was pretty amazing. The level of detail in the settings for this game is pretty good since I instantly recognized most areas from the game. I have a couple photos of myself trying to do crazy acrobatic stuff but unfortunately I couldn't find an Ezio cloak to look like a real assassin.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    but unfortunately I couldn't find an Ezio cloak to look like a real assassin.
    Haha, what were you planning on doing? Assassinate the Pope of Vatican city?