Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite and Least Favorite Voices?

I liked all the main voices though that is generous to vaan.

Migelo was irritating and luckily rarely heard.

In my opinion, the best voiced out of the entire cast was Dr.Cid, though really I can't think of anyone whose voice acting wasn't satisfactory. In the case of Vaan, yes he did sound annoying but Vaan is an annoying character written in an annoying way, ergo his voice suited him. Larsa at times sounded off(most likely because his voice actor is not British, and occasionally struggled with the accent. It also sounded a little out of place, seeing as Vayne's accent was a lot more subdued).

So following the OP's original format I would say:

1. Balthier(Gideon Emery did a marvelous job in being very exspresive with his voice)
    2. Vaan(because even though the annoying whine suits Vaan, his voice was definately the least desireable out of the main cast)

1.Dr.Cid(I could hear the relation to Balthier)
    2.Larsa(just because of the occasional awkward accent mishap and the overall odd effect of having Larsa's accent be so thick, but Vayne's so subtle).

Banned

Fran has a beautiful voice, and Balthier's brims with personality and wit.
    I liked the voice acting in FFXII, except for a couple minor things like Ashe's super heaving breathing and gasps in some instances. I don't even need to say what it sounds like lol. Doctor Cid's voice is pretty awesome, and especially the voices of the judges., they're badass

Blog Entries

1a.Of the main cast, who had your favorite voice?
    Balthier. He is the leading man, after all.

1b. Least favorite of the main cast?
    Vaan. smurfing Vaan.

2a. Of the side characters and antagonists, who had your favorite voice?
    Gilgamesh. John DiMaggio

2b. Least favorite?
    Dalan. I loved the accent, but the voice just sounded so... forced. Or was it the other way around? Maybe I loved the voice, but the accent sounded too forced. Either way, the voice and accent didn't work well together. It was like if Morgan Freeman had been raised in Germany and tried to imitate Sean Connery.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Banned

Everybody hates on Vaan. Personally, I find his plight and voice adequate. We can't forget ages here., Vaan is young and so his voice would portray such. He isn't in his 30's like Basche

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hate this game, but Balthier's voice is creamy. Mmmm. I'd like a mouthful of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fierytempest View Post
    I hate this game, but Balthier's voice is creamy. Mmmm. I'd like a mouthful of that.
    ...What.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Balthier and Fran had the best voices, I reckon. Fran saying "Like proper kidnappers" was always one of my favourite lines. Just adorable. Balthier is just an excellent sound to hear, really.

I also don't think there's any truly awful voice acting, but Vaan and Penelo are probably my least favourite. But they're still not bad.

As for other characters, I'm not sure if I love or hate Reddas' voice. He takes both spots until I can decide.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

this was honestly, yeah, one of the best voice acting jobs ever done in video games
    i love balthier and fran
    i can't remember anyone i didn't like

Fran, for everything everyone here has already stated. I actually saw the comparison the other day with japanese actors and thought that if had the played the japanese version, i probably would have grown to hate fran
    cant really think of a bad main character voice, so i suppose ill have to go with penelo, just because i dont like her in general

i liked drace, gabranth, larsa, frans sisters and marquis ondore, vayne was nice too
    i disliked migello and doctor cid's voices
    "Eternities aren't as long as they used to be".