Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fallout New Vegas

Blog Entries

Default Fallout New Vegas

so the new fall out game is only a few weeks away and i for one cant wait.
    I loved the last fall out game, this one does have new developers but is really just following the footsteps of bethesda so any one else exited?

Blog Entries

I'm excited however I probably wont get it for a while.

Blog Entries

i know i just moved out on my own across the counry so money will be tight for a while but i hope to get it asap i hope its as expansive as the last one and gets the same great dlc

Blog Entries

I hope there's even more DLC. Iloved the DLC of 3 but I wold have liked the Pitt to be bigger and same with point lookout. Also anchorage was kinda poopy.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fallout 3 was one of the pinnacles of modern gaming in terms of western rpgs along with mass effect and dragon age. I certainly will be looking in to getting a copy of New Vegas at some point if not immediately (I never actually completed Fallout 3, I just kinda got all the dlc on it and didn't know what to do first, Psy convinced me to finish the main campaign first then do the other objectives, maybe another time I'll do it in different order not to mention the other games I have to play, some of which are un-opened lol)

Blog Entries

there's a lot to do in 3 but it really doesn't take much time and effort. and more than enough loot around with all the DLCs to be a millionaire in no time

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fallout: NV is developed by the original Fallout creators. Anyone who's played Fallout 2 knows this is a very, very good thing.

However, it's using Fallout 3's engine. Anyone who's played Fallout 3 knows this is a very, very good thing.

All the videos I've seen make it look a bit ty. Clunky graphics and glitchy movement are not things I expect to see in a game nowadays. However, these videos were done ages ago, and I firmly expect the actual release to be sexy as hell. There are a lot of new features in NV that 3 didn't have. The Fallout 2 reputation system is back, so I look forward to the various playstyles this will accommodate. Hopefully it'll end up being more than just a good guy vs. bad guy thing. What I'm most looking forward to is the survival system. You're in a post-apocalyptic desert area, and if you don't keep yourself watered, you gon die. It'd be interesting to see what this is like on the harder settings. Apparently they're really gonna make it interesting.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Fallout: NV is developed by the original Fallout creators. Anyone who's played Fallout 2 knows this is a very, very good thing.

However, it's using Fallout 3's engine. Anyone who's played Fallout 3 knows this is a very, very good thing.

All the videos I've seen make it look a bit ty. Clunky graphics and glitchy movement are not things I expect to see in a game nowadays. However, these videos were done ages ago, and I firmly expect the actual release to be sexy as hell. There are a lot of new features in NV that 3 didn't have. The Fallout 2 reputation system is back, so I look forward to the various playstyles this will accommodate. Hopefully it'll end up being more than just a good guy vs. bad guy thing. What I'm most looking forward to is the survival system. You're in a post-apocalyptic desert area, and if you don't keep yourself watered, you gon die. It'd be interesting to see what this is like on the harder settings. Apparently they're really gonna make it interesting.
    now that's weird because the fallout 3/oblivion engine basically defines "clunky graphics and glitchy movement".

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Fallout 3 was one of the pinnacles of modern gaming in terms of western rpgs along with mass effect and dragon age.
    Are you completely out of your tree

Jesus CHRIST

I am excited for it, but still hesitant. I loved Fallout 3, but it had the usual glitches that come with a Bethesda game. However, Obsidion is not known for making the most stable of game either, so I am hoping nothing goes horribly wrong here. Will probably pick it up come Christmas or the new year; the Hardcore mode where you need to manage your hunger/thirst and can only heal broken limbs with a doctor or medical bag makes me very happy.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I agree with Rase. I'm excited in a sense, but still very cautious. Fallout 3 on the PS3 is buggy as all-hell. I will hold off until reviews have hit. Hopefully, Bethesda has upped the quality of their QA.

I was going to point out what Quin already has. A new Fallout using the new engine, designed by most of the previous team. I doubt they're doing it alone though. I would imagine the rest of Bethesda is behind them to help quality control. But as has been stated, these kinds of games are littered with bugs. But that's kinda expected. There's a LOT of content, and a lot of choices to account for. A lot of which over-lap and can have effects on each other. Takes a lot of testing to find all that stuff. So I've never really faulted Fallout or Oblivion for those kinds of faults. Though I do know the original Baldur's Gate games and likely the original Fallout games didn't have those kinda game-ending quest-oriented glitches and whatnot, and those two franchises had very similar/overlapping pedigree. And BioWare itself rarely has issues of this nature. So hopefully the original Fallout team has a better job coding quests and whatnot. I'm not too worried about the use of the Fallout 3 engine. I'm an advocate that games don't have to be bleeding edge to be fun. I praise Dragon Age for cutting back on graphics for ease of use and processing. It only has to be fun and marginally pretty or artsy. It doesn't have to be state-of-the-art

Though I think I'm more with MILF. Oblivion and Fallout were maybe evolutionary but not really revolutionary. Though honestly I never played the original Elder Scrolls or Fallout games, I do know earlier PC RPGs and stuff had much higher standards for storytelling and quest giving, those games included. I've heard many many arguments that Morrowind is better than Oblivion in almost every fashion other than maybe graphics and traveling the world map. And the Fallout games were heralded up there with Baldur's Gate and System Shock and stuff as setting the highest standards for role playing and character development and whatnot

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

As long as they manage to hold Gamebryo together, this could turn out well.

FO3 was also one of the few PC games I thought warranted a purchase over the last few years.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Bugs? Really? That's a crappy reason to not buy a game. F3 was still enjoyable even with the ANNOYING AS HELL FREEZE GLITCHES.

UBER EXCITED FOR THIS GAME!

Looks like some DLC for Fallout 3 to me. And since I didn't like Fallout 3 all too much, and didn't purchase any of the DLC, I reckon I can miss this one. Hopefully they can at least balance the weapons this time. Running up to enemies, hitting VATS and giving them as many shotgun blasts to the head was far too effective in Fallout 3.