Thread: Abstergo is Google

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default Abstergo is Google

So who is excited for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood?! I thought it was just going to be a continuation of Ezio's story, but the whole plot is going forward it turns out.

Also you get to play as Abstergo in multiplayer?!

EDIT:

Please mark spoilers with the spoiler tag!

You don't have a non-Animus persona in Multiplayer, from what I understand. So you might be playing as someone from Abstergo, but there is no way to know.

And it is a continuation of Ezio's story, but not through his eyes. He rebuilds the order of Assassins, and the story is told through his students.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll just be like "okay you get to be on Team 2 pick what kinda Templar you wanna be!" as far as being Abstergo in multiplayer goes xD

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I can't wait for Brotherhood. I thought the first Assassin's Creed was blah but I freaking LOVED 2! It was hands down one of my favorite games this gen.

I just finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow so I'm going to have to find something else to play for the next 30 days. Bah!
    I like Kung-Fu.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I went and bought a new xbox today pretty much just for Brotherhood (and fable 3 of course too ^_^). I'm so freaking excited about brotherhood. I'ma lay some smack down!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I got around to AC2 a few months after it came out and really fell in love with it. I liked the first one, but for obvious reasons the second one was much better. I thought it had one of the best endings ever in a video game, that kinda freaks you out a little with the kind of things they can do in this medium.

Unfortunately I think I'll wait again when it comes to Brotherhood. 1 Year just seems too soon to release it unless they purposefully cut off the non-Vatican parts of Rome from AC2 to have two big games in two years. So let me know how it turns out!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The promise of more Leonardo and Ezio bromance is enough for me to want this all by itself.

Also, the multiplayer sounds very interesting. It should hopefully be a lot more involved and tense than simple deathmatch is.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is set through Ezio's eyes, as well as Desmond's. The Brotherhood aspect simply involves recruiting, training, customising and utilising new members. All from Ezio's perspective. Apparently there's going to be some more hewt Desmond action, which I'm looking forward to.

My initial doubts were along the same lines as Bolivar's. One year seems too short to make a new game. It seemed to me that it was essentially going to be a little add-on with multiplayer, but it's actually turning out to be pretty amazing. The developers are keen to emphasise the importance of the singleplayer campaign, and I'm hoping they're not just bullting us. I'll probably take this one home before I buy it, though, just in case.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Game Informer had a pretty neat thing about it in the latest issue.

Not really a spoiler, just some pretty neat stuff.The present-day Assassins are setting up base in the Monteriggioni Villa (but of course it's all old and stuff) and you have to sneak into it as Desmond!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    It is set through Ezio's eyes, as well as Desmond's. The Brotherhood aspect simply involves recruiting, training, customising and utilising new members. All from Ezio's perspective. Apparently there's going to be some more hewt Desmond action, which I'm looking forward to.

My initial doubts were along the same lines as Bolivar's. One year seems too short to make a new game. It seemed to me that it was essentially going to be a little add-on with multiplayer, but it's actually turning out to be pretty amazing. The developers are keen to emphasise the importance of the singleplayer campaign, and I'm hoping they're not just bullting us. I'll probably take this one home before I buy it, though, just in case.
    Yeah when I first heard about it I thought that it was going to be more of an expansion pack than an entirely new entry in the series. I'm pretty excited about it.

I like that Ezio still has his beard from the end of ACII, and that it has the same scar through it that Desmond has. x]
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am so stoked for this! I'm a huge AC fan.

Anyone hear about the comic miniseries coming out right before the game?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I watched a gameplay demo and almost creamed myself. Assassins fell from the sky. And then something about customising them and I was sold.

Fun fact: The Brotherhood multiplayer mode is what got me into Assassin's Creed. I played it at E3 and was really impressed with it. Then some lady with a microphone and a camera ambushed me and told me to go play AC 2. So I bought AC 1 because I hate skipping games and liked it. Then earlier this month I bought number 2 and REALLY liked it. I will probably wait on Brotherhood, though. I'm kind of burnt out on Assassin's Creed for a while.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Burnt out on AC!? I don't think I could ever be.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh gawd i'm so excited. I just learned that I have to work tomorrow so I wont be able to play it right away. BUT STILL! I have it preordered and if I wanted to I could go get it tonight but I don't wanna go stand in line with a bunch of guys who eye me (because that has been happening a lot at my gamestop lately, creepers) Game informer gave it a 9.25/10 so it's gonna be good! (I hope)

I've been playing the facebook game, legacy. IT MIGHT tie in and I hear you can unlock things from that on the actual game, so i'm interested in wtf they mean by that. Anyone else tried that?