Page 249 of 528 FirstFirst ... 149199229239243244245246247248249250251252253254255259269299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Creepy stare of creepy

Articles
    Blog Entries

Arya/Sansa family reunion?

No?

No. T_T

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Good job she didn't get any closer, every time Arya gets close to one of her family members they seemingly die.

Hell, she didn't even have to be close to Lyssa and the bitch fell through a moon door. If she and Sansa met up now... lol.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

smurfing HUBRIS

I am so MAD AT YOU OBERYN

YOU WERE ONE OF MY FAVOURITES

smurf

gory as trout I did not enjoy that. Ellaria's reaction was really well done, as was the looks of disbelief on Jaime and Tyrion's faces. smurf Cersei though, what a bitch. smurf all of them. smurf the Mountain. GODDAMMIT GEORGE WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    Good job she didn't get any closer, every time Arya gets close to one of her family members they seemingly die.

Hell, she didn't even have to be close to Lyssa and the bitch fell through a moon door. If she and Sansa met up now... lol.
    My gods. She's the Solid Snake of Game of Thrones.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That Arya laugh and that Baelish/Sansa, god damn. And Ramsay too.

And then

YOU RAPED HER

YOU MURDERED HER

YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN

smurf me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalevala View Post
    That fight scene! Oberyn didn't particularly stick out for me in the books. Pedro Pascal, on the other hand, made me grow to love the character. They nailed his death. Seeing a character that suave, cocky, and composed screaming for his life is one of the most disturbing things I've seen on television in some time. I knew very well what was coming, and was still shaken by it.
    Seriously. That screaming before the explosion was what did it for me. You never think you'd hear him scream, but scream he smurfing did.

After THAT ending, I think I need to stop watching this show. The last thing I need reminding of is how even the good guys can suffer the WORST deaths. Goddammit all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

A Storm of Swords SpoilerTick tock, goes the clock
    Even for Tywin...
    Tick tock, goes the clock
    A Feast for Crows Spoilertill Cersei takes control

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

smurf me...

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Even for Tywin...
    A Dance with Dragons spoilerCersei still gets what she has coming to her. #ULTIMATEHUMILATION.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Even for Tywin...
    A Dance with Dragons spoilerCersei still gets what she has coming to her. #ULTIMATEHUMILATION.
    Season Five is going to be a fun season.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Oberyn's death was freaking horrible. They only show a second of Oberyn getting wrecked, then the "crunch" happens when he's off-screen, but it's still bad. The worst part was Ellaria Sand's reaction, her scream was painful to watch. I had to go play with my cat for a few minutes to clear my mind after that.

And then Cersei grins. Is there anyone who views her as a sympathetic character? Liking her kids is the only redeeming quality she has, and when her kids are monsters, even that might not be so good.

Then I told my spouse about this episode and she was like "Why do you watch this?" Which is a really good question. Why do we? It feels good to watch the bad guys get their comeuppance. It doesn't feel good to watch the good guys die horrible deaths. Maybe there's some schadenfreude, but it has its limits. Does reading something horrible make us feel better about our lives by comparison? Do we all have a violent, sadistic side that this stuff appeals to? I've been really into dark fiction for a while and I can't explain the appeal, but the appeal is clearly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    Then I told my spouse about this episode and she was like "Why do you watch this?" Which is a really good question. Why do we? It feels good to watch the bad guys get their comeuppance. It doesn't feel good to watch the good guys die horrible deaths. Maybe there's some schadenfreude, but it has its limits. Does reading something horrible make us feel better about our lives by comparison? Do we all have a violent, sadistic side that this stuff appeals to? I've been really into dark fiction for a while and I can't explain the appeal, but the appeal is clearly there.
    Ugh, I can relate to this 100%. Like, I don't really feel like I'm gaining anything from Game of Thrones anymore, beyond a few funny lines here and there. What's the point of watching a show if it's just gonna make you feel miserable all the time? Maybe it IS just schadenfreude - which is not something I'm comfortable with :<

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow_Magic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    Ugh, I can relate to this 100%. Like, I don't really feel like I'm gaining anything from Game of Thrones anymore, beyond a few funny lines here and there. What's the point of watching a show if it's just gonna make you feel miserable all the time? Maybe it IS just schadenfreude - which is not something I'm comfortable with :<
    I'm thinking now that part of the appeal is that it's popular and it's fun to talk about with other people who watched the show. There's the shared experience of feeling horrible as a group.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would like Pedro Pascal to play every single Dornish character in this show until it ends. I will gladly suspend my disbelief if it means I can see him in more scenes.

I loved Littlefinger's spoiler in this episode. xD