Page 314 of 528 FirstFirst ... 214264294304308309310311312313314315316317318319320324334364414 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Margerey vs. Cersei was really good.
    This was the highlight for me. This was Cersei's best episode by a long way. She was fantastic.

Anyone who says that not a lot has been happening is obviously watching a different show.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The wedding of the King of Westeros to a woman his mother hates, Jon Snow becoming a man and decapitating someone, Tyrion being kidnapped by random Jorah out of nowhere, open rebellion on the streets of Meereen from shadowy figures in masks, the head of religion in Westeros being stripped naked and deposed by fanatics, Sansa finally going home and coming face to face with the man who murdered her brother, Qyburn somehow making corpses reanimate... nothing really happens in this troutty boring show, does it?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

This is the point when I really start to look forward to Cersei's story. I'm eagerly looking forward to more of it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Allow me to nitpick my good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    The wedding of the King of Westeros to a woman his mother hates,
    There was a wedding? I blinked and missed it.

Jon Snow becoming a man and decapitating someone,
    Admittedly cool. And that character was annoying. Jon's story is by far the best this season.

Tyrion being kidnapped by random Jorah out of nowhere,
    Although a cool event, this is a good example of the pacing issues of the show. Episode 1 Tyrion and Varys decide to go see Dany. Episode 2 they are traveling in a carriage to go see Dany (Tyrion himself admits that this is boring). Episode 3 they are still traveling but at least at the end he gets kidnapped. Episode 4 (SPOILER)still traveling! at least in a boat this time.

open rebellion on the streets of Meereen from shadowy figures in masks,
    It's hard for me to care about what happens in Meereen. I guess it shows Dany can't rule which affects her development but people in masks with an unidentified or unimportant allegiance killing random nameless Unsullied is not really interesting. Also it really bothers me that the Unsullied are supposed to be warriors with 1 Unsullied worth 10 men and then they are getting beat by these random mask people. Don't care at all about the mask people.

the head of religion in Westeros being stripped naked and deposed by fanatics,
    The main religion of Westeros in the show (maybe not in the books) seems to take a back seat to the religions of the Northemen and the Lord of Light. Up until this time it has not gotten a lot of exposure or been shown to be of any importance to the main characters other than Catelyn and perhaps Sansa. So to a viewer this stuff feels like filler. Also old man butt is gross.

Sansa finally going home and coming face to face with the man who murdered her brother,
    Sansa's story has been the second best and that scene with Roose was very good. However, I feel like they totally glossed over her I don't remember of this part aired yetreturn to Winterfell in one scene in a basement and I felt it was wasted opportunity to have a significant moment for her.

Qyburn somehow making corpses reanimate...
    He made a sheet reanimate. Also I didn't even know that was his name and I've already forgotten it because TOO MANY CHARACTERS!

Maybe some of you who have read the story are filling in the blanks with stuff you know happens in between. In terms of progression, sure the story has progressed in these episodes. The story could also progress with a scrolling marquee at the start of every episode. That doesn't make it great television.

I will say that I have not been bored at all during this season. It's just that this show only has 10 episodes per season and I don't feel like most of this season's storylines are already 40% complete.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Remember how shocked we all were when we thought Grey Worm died in the opening scene?

Yeah, that Unsullied who died should have been Grey Worm. Would've meant more. Apart from that I actually enjoyed the stuff that's been going on in Meereen.

Episode 4 SpoilerThey should still feel bad for how they treated Barristan.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sansa's storyline has taken a turn for the terrible. Although I am excited for Arya's assassin training, not much of anything has happened apart from set-ups for what will or may happen. This season has been a bunch of filler. Episode 5 better deliver or this show can kick rocks.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Qyburn somehow making corpses reanimate...
    i cant remember anything of this.. enlighten me please

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

In Ep 3 Qyburn is in his dungeon and he's writing a letter for Cersei, when suddenly behind him a table with a cloth over it jumps up. We don't know what is underneath it, but he shushes it.

Blog Entries

aah yes, its comming back now.. a little bit

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't wait till episode four has aired so I can re-read this thread.

Blog Entries

Meanwhile:

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Poor Richard Carlisle. He has no luck with the ladies.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Daenerys Targaryen is not the Mother of Dragons. She is an impostor! There is only one woman in all the land who deserves this title and a seat on the Iron Throne!

Asha'bellanar the Witch of the Wilds is the goddamn Mother of smurfing Dragons!

But she doesn't give a smurf about the Seven Kingdoms or their problems. She's off doing her own thing and anybody try to mess with her is toast before they even know what's happening.

I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with Game of Thrones, but there are dragons. See?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Best line so far this season by the way:

Varys: "Are we really going to spend the entire road to Volantis talking about the futility of everything?"
    Tyrion: "You're right. No point."

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Varys faces in the past episode were the best.