Page 91 of 528 FirstFirst ... 41718185868788899091929394959697101111141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Maybe in the book he's different, but in the show he seems kind of crazy to me and is totally under the red woman's spell. I mean, if he was actually like how you say it would be better but Melisandre hurts his character by making him too reliant on her and unable to see reason from his own people. By using her, isn't he essentially playing the game he hates so much?
    Actually, Blackwater happens because he doesn't listen to her. He's not as much under her spell as you say he is. And yeah, he's playing the game, but that's the point, he has to play the game even though he hates it. When you're badass, the world doesn't just sit back and leave you alone and let you be badass by yourself.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I keep reading his name though and my brain keeps reading DAVROS.

Do not judge me for making this.

Ser Davros.jpg

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The small council scene was my favorite in the whole episode. It was just hilarious and perfect. There were actually a lot of funny moments in this episode. I also really liked how Brutus couldn't do his arrow bit properly.

The show is making me conflicted about Jamie. Cause on one hand (ha ha ha), he pushed precious adorable Bran out of a smurfing window. Which is totes not cool. But then I really like his interactions with Brienne. And then he's hot. So... what to do?

I have no idea what Stannis is like in the books, but as far as the show is concerned, that is not a man with balls of steel or anything like that. He seems unrealistic, pompous, and overly reliant and blinded by Melisandre. I kinda thought it was funny how he was like, "arggh I'm the king!!" and she was all, "Awww, sure you are honey" *pat pat* and gives him the most pitying look. That was great.

I don't mind Stannis, but he does come across as rather naive. How much of his badassery are you guys basing on the books, versus what is actually being shown on TV?

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    The small council scene was my favorite in the whole episode. It was just hilarious and perfect. There were actually a lot of funny moments in this episode. I also really liked how Brutus couldn't do his arrow bit properly.

The show is making me conflicted about Jamie. Cause on one hand (ha ha ha), he pushed precious adorable Bran out of a smurfing window. Which is totes not cool. But then I really like his interactions with Brienne. And then he's hot. So... what to do?

I have no idea what Stannis is like in the books, but as far as the show is concerned, that is not a man with balls of steel or anything like that. He seems unrealistic, pompous, and overly reliant and blinded by Melisandre. I kinda thought it was funny how he was like, "arggh I'm the king!!" and she was all, "Awww, sure you are honey" *pat pat* and gives him the most pitying look. That was great.

I don't mind Stannis, but he does come across as rather naive. How much of his badassery are you guys basing on the books, versus what is actually being shown on TV?
    Well, maybe just a little bit.

Also, yes, the scene with Melisandre was brilliant. But it perfectly proves that he's a badass. No other man in the world could be verbally castrated like that and still stand, and still fight, and still want to bang the hell out of the red bitch.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I'm thinking that you're bringing a lot of the books into the show and kind of transplanting all that background info onto the characters of the TV show. Which is fine. I've always gotten the impression that the show is way more fun for those who have read the books versus those who haven't. There seems to be quite a lot of winks and nods given to book readers which must be nice.

But badass is not how that scene read to a regular viewer.

In that scene, Melisandre had all the power and Stannis came across as a petulant child. I would not be surprised if after that scene he went and sucked on his thumb for awhile.

If you subtract all the info you have on Stannis via the books, does that scene really come across to you as one where this is a singular man with epic badassery??

I would say that Stannis' staunchness, single-mindedness and righteous attitude is interesting and a nice contrast to the other characters. But he doesn't seem savvy enough to be badass. He seems kind of dumb to be honest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If you subtract all the info you have on Stannis via the books, does that scene really come across to you as one where this is a singular man with epic badassery??

I would say that Stannis' staunchness, single-mindedness and righteous attitude is interesting and a nice contrast to the other characters. But he doesn't seem savvy enough to be badass. He seems kind of dumb to be honest.
    Basically, Melisandre wears the trousers in that relationship.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I totally agree, and now I have to read on to figure out why people love Stannis so much.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Miriel summed up my thoughts to the letter. Stannis might be cool if you're read the books, but to anyone watching the TV series - without having read the books - his balls are well and truly in the grasp of a (quite unlikeable, for me) redhead.

I'd read the books, but I don't want to spoil the TV series. I'll read the books afterwards, perhaps.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You should read the books because you get to be an obnoxious little tit who posts "heeheehee, you wait 'til THIS happens!" and "well, if you read the books maybe you'd understand, heh "

In other news, man, I can't wait for the part when Stannis grows wings and flies around breathing fire everywhere!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked his romance with Davos best.

FFXIV Character

Yeah, I'm thinking that you're bringing a lot of the books into the show and kind of transplanting all that background info onto the characters of the TV show. Which is fine. I've always gotten the impression that the show is way more fun for those who have read the books versus those who haven't. There seems to be quite a lot of winks and nods given to book readers which must be nice.

But badass is not how that scene read to a regular viewer.

In that scene, Melisandre had all the power and Stannis came across as a petulant child. I would not be surprised if after that scene he went and sucked on his thumb for awhile.

I freely admit that in the context of this particular scene I allowed my knowledge of the books to inform that full meaning of the show. His look at the end of the scene is that of a defeated man, certainly. So, point conceded.

He's still a badass though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Locky View Post
    I keep reading his name though and my brain keeps reading DAVROS.

Do not judge me for making this.

Ser Davros.jpg
    This is the greatest thing ever, and you knew I'd squee. I am uploading this to Facebook. I will credit you. :3

Also, Stannis is lame in the books too. He's not the rightful king--Dany is. He's ineffective and like Miriel said: stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I agree with what you all are saying about Stannis in the show, yeah. I don't think they really meant to change his character all that much for the show, but with less room for nuances they're focusing on the hold she does have over him, which is still very present in the books, but it's far from the whole picture there. Basically, I think Stannis' character in the show suffers in favour of showing Melisandre's power and influence.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Also, Stannis is lame in the books too. He's not the rightful king--Dany is. He's ineffective and like Miriel said: stupid.
    Majorest of major book spoilers don't smurfing click it for God's sake:

(SPOILER)Two words: Aegon Targaryen. And yes I'm aware of the theories that it might not be him but they're just theories for now. Either way, no, the Targaryens are not the rightful rulers anyway. You're beginning to sound like Viserys. Aegon (or whoever he is) would be an amazing king anyway and I hope he gets the Iron Throne.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Majorest of major book spoilers don't smurfing click it for God's sake:

(SPOILER)Two words: Aegon Targaryen. And yes I'm aware of the theories that it might not be him but they're just theories for now. Either way, no, the Targaryens are not the rightful rulers anyway. You're beginning to sound like Viserys. Aegon (or whoever he is) would be an amazing king anyway and I hope he gets the Iron Throne.
    Yes, I know about that. I was just too lazy to do a book spoiler. Regardless, not Stannis. smurf him.

YES THE LAND BELONGS TO THE CHILDREN OF THE FOREST

there, happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.