Page 131 of 528 FirstFirst ... 3181111121125126127128129130131132133134135136137141151181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've quite enjoyed this season. I don't have any major gripes other than I think they could tone down the Theon torture and I kind of expected the bear pit scene to be a little more exciting. Good trout overall.

And I've read the books, because apparently that matters.

The torture scenes were incredibly tame compared to what I imagined they would be. Probably not a spoiler but maybe kind of a Bobspoiler?Remember, folks, the torture is intended to make Theon an empty shell and completely broken man. As far as I'm concerned, it hasn't gone far enough to come close to that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

As long as the story is progressing, I'm happy. Slow just means more detail as far as I'm concerned. The thing I hate is when shows set up the plot for the season at the beginning, then just do a bunch of episodic crap until the season finale. Bums me out.

While I really could do without the Theon scenes, the horn blowing does amuse me.

Blog Entries

Also in the last epuside for a half second I expected Hodor not to say Hodor
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think it was neccessary to show the latest Theon scene because it pushes it to the point that I actually felt sorry for him. For a guy, knowing that has happened to a character makes you feel sick to the stomach, regardless of who it is, just because of the act itself. It's sort of (not completely, before someone flips their trout) like when Jaime got his hand cut off. Very bad things happening to bad people somehow makes you pity them, and while the previous torture scenes didn't make me pity him (he killed a wonderful old man and allegedly killed children, too), this one did.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I started feeling sorry for Theon a long time ago. Even despite all his asshattery earlier in the show. Guess I'm just that nice, even to fictional characters.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Bran-Window incident aside, Jaime is not a bad person at all! I guess the window thing was to show he is very impulsive, but given what we see of him in the TV show and the books, to me it's just so out of character for him to do that.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I am liking Jaime more and more as the show goes on. He is going from being one of my least favorite characters to one of my most favorite.

Jaime and Brienne are my BFF OTP, I want them to go to Dairy Queen together and bro out <3

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I..

I've been waiting for this gif set.

NSFW B/C BUTTS

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Season One, Episode One - Don't read! Might spoil!I always saw the Bran-Window incident as Jaime put it; "The things I do for love." Despite their dickheadery, Jaime and Cersei are completely and utterly in love with each other, and if Bran started chatting about what he saw, then their relationship would end. Sad times for the incestuous narcissists.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Paper Star View Post
    I..

I've been waiting for this gif set.

NSFW B/C BUTTS
    Melisandre's butt jiggle is hypnotic @_@

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Needs more butts. I want to see the complete collection.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quint Eastwood View Post
    Season One, Episode One - Don't read! Might spoil!I always saw the Bran-Window incident as Jaime put it; "The things I do for love." Despite their dickheadery, Jaime and Cersei are completely and utterly in love with each other, and if Bran started chatting about what he saw, then their relationship would end. Sad times for the incestuous narcissists.
    If by end you mean Robert would have had Jaime's head on spike and likely have discovered that his children by Cersei were in fact Jaime's meaning the 3 children and Cersei too could end up dead or disinherited? Yes it would. Jaime was sleeping with the Queen, ignoring that he is her brother it's bloody high treason to do so and whilst Robert is a bad king, he is the king and that much of an insult to him could never be ignored.

It is out of character so to speak yet it is also very much in character. All the Lannisters from Tywin down to Joffrey and Lancel are strongly after self preservation, they will do almost anything to survive. With Jaime and Cersei in love with one another (something very underplayed in the show, in the books you actually hear about how Jaime would kill/maim any suitors or lovers Cersei had and only backed in to the shadows when it was Robert and only because he was king) his actions are preserving himself and his family which is perhaps the strongest thing that the Lannisters cling to, even more so than all the gold of Casterly Rock.

As the books progress and certainly around the point that the show is up to Tyrion and Jaime in particular become quite aware of how despicable their family can be, Tyrion with the wedding to Sansa and the mistreatment of Sansa by Joff (SPOILER)(though he is still ultimately out for himself at this point and will be for quite some time only once Tywin is dead and he's off in the free cities does this change) and Jaime with the loss of his sword hand and his experiences with Brienne (SPOILER)It's never fully confirmed in an outright way in the books published up until now but it is quite apparent that Jaime is falling in love with Brienne, this starts around the point the show is at with Jaime often dreaming of Brienne naked or in the dress Roose Bolton made her wear. It becomes more obvious upon their return to Kings Landing where Jaime begins to shun Cersei, refusing her sexual advances and in effect telling her to get on with it in regards to Tywin's plan to marry her off. Brienne understands Jaime better than anyone, Tyrion included (In the books Jaime and Tyrion have a good understanding and are particularly close) she understands how much pain the distrust and hatred the killing of Aerys caused him given the fact that it saved half a million lives. Add in to this that she's not the typical maid who faints at the sight of blood but a skilled sword fighter, perhaps even as skilled as Jaime himself (bear in mind, she defeated Loras Tyrell who is one of the finest knights in the seven kingdoms in single combat often ranked as second only to Jaime) and Jaime feels inexcusably drawn to her.

What the crap are you talking about? He said his name how it should be pronounced.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mandijames View Post
    What the crap are you talking about? He said his name how it should be pronounced.
    I'm more left wondering what the hell you're talking about... nothing in the previous 2 - 5 pages has any confusion over a name.

On topic though, the torture of Theon is very important. If you want a book spoiler then: (SPOILER)The torturer is Roose Bolton's bastard and the torture mostly takes place at the Dread Fort. Roose Bolton's bastard breaks Theon down and turns him in to a being less of a man he calls Reek. You're meant to pity Theon at this stage because the creature Reek much like Tolkein's character of Gollum is a pitiful creature.
    Last edited by Iceglow; 05-17-2013 at 12:26 PM.