Page 19 of 528 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122232425293969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want a pure white direwolf AND a dragon!

I haven't read the books yet, but I have seen all the episodes so far. I LOVE Emilia Clarke!!! I'm so glad she was recast as Daenerys. She's gorgeous!

005.jpg

I just started watching this. Love it! It's really awesome.

I've never read the books and probably never will. I am way too restless to read books, I always feel like I need to be doing something productive (which is why I can't sit down and play a game for more than an hour these days). But I did find audio books for all books so maybe I'll try that while I work.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Finally watched this. Did the season in two days. Loved the tit out of it and I can't wait for the next one. Some blatant shockers, especially seeing as I got way too excited about the show to pace myself until I'd finished the book. The storytelling is brilliant and even though there are a lot of proper horrible moments I'm glad they braved through them instead of throwing in some deus ex machina.

Favourite characters HERE WE GO:
    Daenerys: Some of the best acting and a really compelling character. I was unsure of her at first, but she grew on me like fungi. Last scene of the season was perfect.
    Arya, Tyrion: Same as what everybody's already said. Love them to death.
    Robb: A bit meh at first but towards the end he starts showing some real oomph. It's not even so much his dialogue, there's just something very compelling about his character.
    Syrio: Just excellent and lovable overall. (SPOILER)They seemed to make a point of not showing him actually die. I hope there was a reason for that beyond saving time.
    Robert: lols
    Honorable mention to Bran and Jon who I didn't find supremely interesting in this season but strongly feel they'll be great soon enough, Bran when he starts (SPOILER)overcoming his disability and being the badass young lad he's clearly meant to be and Jon when he (SPOILER)stops agonizing over his new life and goes and does adventures with it.

And a big hurrah for the impressive acting overall.

Also you guys are terrible about spoilers sometimes. "Wah wah I wanna talk freely because I watched the last episode as soon as it came out!" Well guess what whorecake, it takes five seconds to add spoiler tags under which you can talk as freely as you want. Free speech my ass, some of us are actually interested in reading spoiler-free discussion about upcoming episodes. IMAGINE THAT! *beats you all into submission*

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

Wait wrong book.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz Rantz Revolution View Post
    Also you guys are terrible about spoilers sometimes. "Wah wah I wanna talk freely because I watched the last episode as soon as it came out!" Well guess what whorecake, it takes five seconds to add spoiler tags under which you can talk as freely as you want. Free speech my ass, some of us are actually interested in reading spoiler-free discussion about upcoming episodes. IMAGINE THAT! *beats you all into submission*

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm on the fourth book, btw. I can't even decide which book is my favorite so far, or which character is my favorite, or even which house I want to root for. AHHH!!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Well you will definitely know which book is not your favorite after the fourth one.

Also (SPOILER)I miss Drogo.
    Last edited by Rantz; 08-10-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: fu >:{

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ned was playing Chess, but the game was Russian Roulette.

I will watch this show for as long as Arya and Tyrion remain part of it. I will suffer anything else in their name.

So what does everyone make of the casting for Season 2? I auditioned 2 bew an extra...I wasn't hairy enough

I recently found out Liam Cunningham is playing Davos Seaworth and thought....there could not be a better actor for that role if they tried. Davos is one of my favorites from the second book.

Other castings are Nonso Anozie as Xaro Xhoan Daxos, Gwendoline Christie as the Female to male Transexual from Tarth, Natalie Dormer at Margaery Tyrell, Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H'ghar, Michael McElhatton as Roose Bolton & Carice van Houten as Melisandre.

Still no Blackfish or Edmure though I've heard whispers from here that Tony Curran will be Edmure.

YOUR THOUGHTS?
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 10-29-2011 at 01:07 AM.

The casting for the first season was as close to perfect as I could have hoped for given the budget HBO had to work with. I don't think I know anyone they've picked for the second season roles, but I have plenty of faith that they know what they're doing. The fan reactions to several of the announcements (Gwendoline Christie as Brienne in particular) give me a lot of faith as well.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

TO be honest I've been hella slow on reading the novels heh and just finished Clash. After I finished, I said to myself "well there is another emmy for Dinklage." I am Excited. I really want to see who they cast for the Reed Children.

Also I found a picture of Natalie with blonde hair! Maybe that'll give you a better idea of her as Margaery.

(SPOILER)
    Last edited by Freya; 10-29-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Have to agree with Cuch that Liam Cunningham sounds pretty much perfect for Davos. He looks exactly like I imagined him. The rest of the casting looks good too, I'm excited!

He's a great actor & local too!. He was in a famous scene from a movie called 'Hunger' about IRA Hunger Strikers here in 80s, conversation between Bobby Sands & his Priest (he was the priest). It was 17 minutes long, one take. 2 men talking. Amazing.

http://youtu.be/7VbigvWhnVc
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 10-29-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Haven't read any of the books, but the series is great. Can't wait to see the second season!

I hate that I have to wait so long to see it