Page 425 of 528 FirstFirst ... 325375405415419420421422423424425426427428429430431435445475525 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It was truly amazing.

I don't expect Jon and the north to have much to do with Dany's invasion and takeover of King's Landing. I think they'll just hang out while it happens, then afterwards they'll all be together to deal with the white walkers.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    The music in the beginning was amazing.

The music was just great all the way around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Agreed. If these songs land on YouTube or they release the musical score I'm gonna listen to them all on repeat.
    That song is 9 min long and plays for the whole KL scene. It's called Light of the Seven.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh, wow. I looked at that post earlier today too and then forgot about it.

Thanks.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Why will there be drama between Jon and Sansa? Because it's Game of Thrones. It's not going to have several episodes of them skipping through the Godswood being happy together while flipping Littlefinger off. There needs to be drama and tension, that's what it does.

But honestly? Just look at the foreshadowing and how the writers are setting it up. With Sansa not telling Jon about the Vale Knights, Brienne asking Sansa why she didn't trust Jon, Jon making a clear point about how they need to trust each other and then that Littlefinger look at the end, the show is beating you over the head with it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Just jumping on that 'damn that music was awesome!' bandwagon. It was just so haunting throughout the King's Landing sequence. And it was helped as well by excellent camerawork.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Why will there be drama between Jon and Sansa? Because it's Game of Thrones. It's not going to have several episodes of them skipping through the Godswood being happy together while flipping Littlefinger off. There needs to be drama and tension, that's what it does.

But honestly? Just look at the foreshadowing and how the writers are setting it up. With Sansa not telling Jon about the Vale Knights, Brienne asking Sansa why she didn't trust Jon, Jon making a clear point about how they need to trust each other and then that Littlefinger look at the end, the show is beating you over the head with it.
    Despite my Baelish bashing for my own personal amusement, I think if Sansa had to kill him for any reason it could be made into a sad scene. Say what you will, Baelish watched over her, took care of her, and took her under his wing, so there's a bond there. On the flipside, Sansa betraying Jon would be just as heart-breaking, so there's merit to choosing either path. We won't know what the writers have planned until next year. I only don't like the sound of the latter because I haven't seen the would-be execution. Right now we're simply interpreting scenes differently, and that's the beauty of art. I certainly see where both sides are coming from.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it's a lot more like Baelish groomed her, tbh.

Also, I kind of have issues with the Arya stuff. I found it almost like she was just thrown in there so we could have Arya in the finale. So she's jetpacked back to Westeros, apparently killed the Frey sons off screen (another off screen killing). Found time to get a face to dress up in (originally I actually thought it was a Dornish assassin after Jaime). Like, hooray Arya killed Walder Frey... but overall I felt a bit let down by it really.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My assumption at first was that she was working with Jaime. Nope, it's Arya.

Which means not only did Arya kill the Freys, but she killed a probably innocent woman to get her face. Arya's been a little psychopath since season 2, but it's starting to reach the point of not even being able to like her. Like, there's nothing sympathetic or admirable about her left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think my gif can suggest some of those traits were in her even as far back as season one. Look at those eyes. The girl wants blood.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

But it's like... so much of it is off screen too. She killed the waif off screen, now she's killed the Frey boys off screen. It's all a bit.... nonchalant to be honest.

I agree, like I've always wanted to see a strong kick ass Arya, but right now I feel like shes headed down a very dark path. She carved up and cooked her victims to feed to their father - that is smurfing sick.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the quantity of off-screen deaths are getting kind of silly.

Heh, Arya went Sweeny Todd on Walder.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    But it's like... so much of it is off screen too. She killed the waif off screen, now she's killed the Frey boys off screen. It's all a bit.... nonchalant to be honest.

I agree, like I've always wanted to see a strong kick ass Arya, but right now I feel like shes headed down a very dark path. She carved up and cooked her victims to feed to their father - that is smurfing sick.
    I'm just surprised they even get South Park in Westeros.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh she's turning into a crazy person and that completely fits with the world and what she's had to do to survive.

Also the timelines aren't happening all at the same time. The Arya Timeline didn't necessarily all happen this season. She could have already been back to westeros when jon was revived. IT's just how they're showing it to us. They've just eliminated travel time now when showing us characters. Travelling is boring so they just don't show it anymore.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't think this would need to be said but clearly some time is passing off screen and between scenes considering Varys sailed to Dorne in the last few episodes and sail back to Mereen with Dornish and Tyrell ships. If Arya didn't have enough time to get back Westeros and make a move in the Frey's while all of that was happening then that'd be ridiculous.

And i don't see the big deal about Frey's sons dying off screen when the end result is seeing him find out they were cooked into his pie. They barely had any screen time to begin with and no one gives a crap about seeing them get offed when it's their father we want to see get killed. Showing their deaths would actually ruin what was a great death scene.

Not that there was any shortage of deaths in this episode that happened on screen.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the timeline is even kind of disjointed in the books, too, so the source material doesn't help. If the alternative is more filler to show travel (like in previous seasons) I'm okay with the time skips. I think we're only noticing it more because it took them six seasons to basically go, "Smurf it!"