Page 298 of 528 FirstFirst ... 198248278288292293294295296297298299300301302303304308318348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Arya Stark now and forever.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

A man with no motive is a man no one suspects.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

as much as i would like to switch to Meargery, because of my sig, im still staying with Sansa probably

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

We’d first heard word of the secretive featurette in December, but now we finally know more about the Game of Thrones special set to air in February. So — for now at least — the night is a little less dark and filled with at least one less terror of the unknown.

Thanks to those very well-informed minds over at Entertainment Weekly, we now know that the wee 30-minute look into everyone’s favorite epic HBO series is officially titled Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life, as was previously reported thanks to a fan’s astute DVR observations. But what is, perhaps, more exciting are the details as to what it’s all about. Namely, focusing on the how and why behind the mind-bogglingly large, expansive, and impressive production.

Shot like a half-hour documentary, the special will focus on a mere day of season 5 production. But oh so much can happen in a day. In fact, in a single day, Game of Thrones is often in production in multiple countries around the world. On this particular day, viewers will travel to Belfast, Northern Ireland; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Sevilla and Osuna, Spain to follow the inner workings of the series. Through the work of key crew members, we’ll all see “the epic sets, renowned cast and global scale of Thrones, as well as the more intimate and individual challenges of our subjects, giving the audience a new perspective on one of the most elaborate productions in television history.”

So there you have it! A Day in the Life debuts February 8th, at 7:30PM. GoT itself returns for its fifth season on April 12th.

source

Anyone going to check out the special?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I'm generally always Pod when we do these sets, so there's probably not going to be a change.
    Best Pod ever, checking in. Thunderdome, right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oo, that sounds neat!

IMAX is playing the last two episodes of the last two seasons in theaters, followed by a trailer for season five.

Here is their trailer, which contains like half a second of Tyrion in season five (yay):

Did no one post the viral 10 second Arya teaser? Here you go:

Articles
    Blog Entries

Game of Thrones is the master of the tease.

Is it April yet?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They always release it in smurfing April. I KNOW IT'S ALREADY DONE YA JERKS. They just don't want to compete with Walking Dead prob.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A question I asked my wife: GoT is the most pirated show of all time. Obviously GoT would not be as popular if no one was able to pirate it simply because the pirating allows it to reach a much wider audience. But strictly in terms of how much money HBO makes off of the show, do you think the existence of piracy has resulted in them making more or less money overall?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

That's a good question. Obviously they must be making money regardless because HBO keeps renewing it for a new season.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    A question I asked my wife: GoT is the most pirated show of all time. Obviously GoT would not be as popular if no one was able to pirate it simply because the pirating allows it to reach a much wider audience. But strictly in terms of how much money HBO makes off of the show, do you think the existence of piracy has resulted in them making more or less money overall?
    In this particular case, I'd say more. The number of people who don't have cable who would get cable/satellite just to get HBO just to watch the show is basically nonexistent. The number of people who have cable/satellite without HBO who would purchase HBO just to watch this show can't possibly make up for the syndication, DVD monies, and everything else (since HBO owns most of its shows, including GoT) HBO earns because of the massive hype which just wouldn't exist in the same way without piracy.

By no means am I advocating for piracy. I'm just saying in this case it actually works out in HBO's favor.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm with chionos--the percentage of people who would subscribe to HBO if they couldn't pirate the show must be very small. I know I wouldn't, and it's one of my all time favorite shows. But if it weren't for piracy I wouldn't've seen it in the first place, which is a boat millions of people would be in.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Me and Aulayna have had a bit of a battle on for Daenerys. But I was Arya the first year we did them.

Don't know who I will be this time. I would like to be Khaleesi again but, eh.

HBO is definitely making more on piracy. There's more fans to buy more merchandise which is licensed out by them. All the figures, and board games and everything with their particular brand of the story emblazoned on it is ridiculous and even people who don't pay to watch the show will happily pay to have that stuff. Also people who don't pay to have cable or HBO itself are frequently willing to pay to have the DVDs and Blurays. This definitely worked out in their favor, and is probably a good argument for free availability, but that's a whole different can of worms

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Actually, free availability probably won't happen because of piracy. Since the people who want it for free will just pirate it, it makes sense for them to keep the premium subscription model for those willing to pay for it, rather than give it to everyone.

I also believe they make more in the long run in a world with piracy. The internet hype has really built this into a licensing juggernaut.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum