Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video Game endings

Good ending= FFX. I'm a sucker for the game and I may have sheded a tear or few. But they were manly tears. Also Halo Reach ending was pretty epic as is all halo games but reach ending was epic and sad. WTF ending= Assassin Creed Brotherhood. I was Pretty shocked but I think the developers were just implying that there will be a next one. And of course MGS 2.

Just finished inFamous. I didn't expect it to be this (SPOILER)epic and tragic, I like that.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Dragon Age II had a terrible ending. Everything about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    Bad ending: the 1st Breath of Fire. I mean, really? The entire thing is basically Ryu saying, "We won! Let's rebuild our world..."

Edit: This is the reason I will never play the game again. I love the gameplay and story, but the end was just that bad.
    Agreed. Horrible ending to a good game. But even the good ending is pretty bad. :P
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

You know, I just finished up Record of the Agarest War, and I must say the ending was underwhelming. The True end is what I witnessed mind you.

Don't get me wrong, great game, wonderful story and gameplay, and the ending wasn't bad. It just doesn't live up to the rest of the game.

Oh, and Mermina = <3

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

I really like FFVII Crisis Core's ending. I already knew how it ended but seeing it happen is very sad.
    I like the Star Ocean 3 ending as well.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wtf endings:
    Silent Hill 2 UFO and Japanese Dog ending
    Day of the Tentacle
    Twisted Metal: Black all the character endings

Bad endings:
    Any Resident Evil game
    Metal Gear Solid 2
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Mostly everything up until the cemetery part was corny and/or over-explained like 90 percent of the game. Seriously, who wrote the script to this game? Iceglow?
    Indigo Prophecy Best Ending (The game went from great to The Matrix Revolutions for no reason.)

Great endings:
    Silent Hill Mary and Maria ending
    Red Dead Redemption
    Final Fantasy VII
    Heavy Rain (I don't know whichever ending makes the most sense. I didn't see them all.)

I don't even know how bad FFXII and FFXIII's endings are because I never bothered to finish them. It's an inevitable waste of time.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I liked the Ocarina of Time ending. It went on a bit long, but I liked it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Bad endings:
    Any Resident Evil game.
    Come on, really?

Leon: It's up to us... to take out Umbrella!
    *Cue awesome slap bass ending theme*

Seriously though:

Emotional:Tales of the Abyss (the theme, overflowing emotions, reunion still manages to bring back bittersweet memories from the end of Luke's path from a snotty seven year old (which he essentially was) to an adult content with his own existance.

It's late, so I'll probably edit more endings in later.
    Returners Represent!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The FF games typically don't have great endings. I didn't really like VII or VIII's endings. The only ones I really liked were IX and VI. VI's ending was very magical in the way it dealt with each character and IX has one of the best happy endings.

Games with great endings include MGS3 and MGS4. Bad endings include MGS2.

When I think of endings I always think of Chrono Trigger because it's the first game I played with multiple endings, and most of them were pretty amusing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

~Star Ocean 4 had a decent ending, though I feel that (SPOILER)edge should've pulled a smurfing commander shepard, faize was a goner anyway you can make that jump you PANSY, also sarah why are you so worthless? You can fly now go rescue faize and let edge jump back to the group! If you did that I would've apologized for wanting to punt you out the nearest airlock for the entire game...

~Kingdom hearts had a great ending, I love how it didn't let everyone end in a cliche "everything works out and everyone is happy" kind of way.

~X had a tear jerker of an ending, I didn't relinquish any tears though because when I saw riku jumping up and down at the end... I about died of laughter.
    YouTube - &#x202a;Final Fantasy X - Ending Scene [HQ]&#x202c;&rlm; (she's at 3:50 all jumping waving and crap)

~I'm neutral to XII's ending, I mean... it wasn't terrible, I just expected more for some reason.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Having just finished Assassin's Creed 2, I have to say (SPOILER) any game that caps off with me fighting the pope is pretty awesome. The only way it could have been better is (SPOILER)if I actually got to shank the bastard.

First time i have finished Call Of Duty World At War. I feel much better because first time this game is very hard.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I call bulltrout on that ending. (SPOILER)He could have Dead Eyed the lot of them fools. Why didn't you get out your Evans Repeater, John? WHY?

XII was a little bit mellow for me. VIII got away with it because the whole thing was about meeting your destiny etc - and then they had accomplished it at the end. The whole stranded in a desert island was also a fairly obvious, but still nice, analogy of his attitude towards life and it takes Rinoa to save him, both physically (in that scene) and emotionally (throughout the game etc). Whether it's too obvious or too cheesy, but it was a solid way of reinforcing and closing the main theme of the game (which was always Squall and Rinoa).

VII was good. It was dramatic and when Holy turned against the world, it was quite intense. Obviously Aeris coming through at the end was good and reinforced her symbol as a martyr in the game. Quite liked him seeing Aeris' hand reaching out to him and then switching to the real world, where Tifa is reaching out to him - whether it is symbolic of him letting go of his feelings towards Aeris so he can be with Tifa or Squenix just thought it looked cool is debatable though.

IX was again more relaxed, but it was quite a finale of the story. And Garnet and Zidane was quite cute. As much as I hated the design of Zidane so much. So, so, so, so, so much.

X was predictable, but the true emotional impact was realised beforehand, when Tidus decided to fight Yu Yevon & Sin, knowing that he would fade away as a result. I liked the fact that Squenix decided not to cheapen it with some deus ex machina. Until X-2 (although it's sweet that it happened). Actually, the normal X-2 ending is fairly decent in that it shows Yuna moving on from her past while still retaining her memory of it.

This has turned into a modern FF ending dissection, so I might as well finish it with XIII. WTF? I liked the game, but yeah. There was that scene where Barthandelus turns them all into evil zombies (I can't do the 'Cie thing anymore) and then they lose hope before something happens and they regain hope again. Hopefully explained in XIII-2.

MGS4 was over-the-top, dramatic, emotional (the scene with him crawling was intense) and a little bit confusing (although I had not played any MGS before it). Still, better than dull and uninteresting.

I think GTA4 had a very good ending. But it's story was very good throughout. Ballad of Gay Tony is probably more fun, but the original was very well produced.

Couldn't care about Kratos at the end of GoW. I missed GoW2, but I played GoW1 and he was a better character then. In GoW3 he was just a brutal shmuck.

Fallout 3's ending was quite meh. Oblivion was a little better. But Bethesda games are more about the open-world experience, so wasn't too bleak about that.

Vagrant Story's ending was brilliant though. But Vagrant Story has probably one of the best plots in a video game (personal opinion).