Page 34 of 124 FirstFirst ... 142428293031323334353637383940445484 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors Game Thread: Mafia XX GAME OVER Mafia cockblock the Cult

So yeah has anybody else got anything to add?

Plenty but none of it relevant if we all go after an inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lu Meng View Post
    If we all spent this game keeping things too ourselves town will get no where

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cao Cao View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Lu Meng View Post
    If we all spent this game keeping things too ourselves town will get no where
    This is true, I'm voting for an inactive till someone better to vote for comes along, which if we keep all the info to ourselves we may never know and lose out on a chance to nab another mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Gan Ning View Post
    you are really trying your best to lower peopls opinion of me in here.
    Is that not what you're trying to do to me? If you think I'm mafia, then back it up because all I'm seeing is a big bs sandwich so far
    So instead of you providing evidence that I am "grasping at the straws that you drop" you are challenging me to back up my claims. Ok:

First lets start at the begining, you Voted for me x2 as did the Mafia Godfather, he feared he may have been killed (either by HC finally getting irritated enough by his constant changing of avatar ect. or by the amount of people who expressed their dislike of "what the rock was cookin'") I had (what was in my mind at least) sound reasoning for voting for him, and so to disassociate your voting for me he changed his vote.

You voted for him... granted but then this could have (very easily) been a tactic you discussed before hand incase such a situation like this ever arose, and you switched to me because "I was keeping my head above water" which again is very poor reasoning.

Time after time you keep saying that I was "saved" by Liu changing his vote from me to Sunny this I also disproved... several times, making it sound like I was in the camp with the Mafia, but lets not forget what is more to the point, if Liu had not been killed and I had, who's votes would they have been? yours and Liu's.

After my asking you to provide evidence that I was not trying to "grasp at the straw you dropped" you countered with "He is hiding behind a coat of arrogance" then when I stated my reasoning for saying what I said you THEN ask me to provide credibility to my reasoning to the fact that I think your Mafia.

After failing to get others to agree with you, you decide to point to other people other then myself because they are inactive players in (again what is in my mind) to get the spot light off of you.

Now if you would be so kind, please point out where I am "grasping at the straws you drop".

It was just a joke. Take it as one. I've given all the thought I had today.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

When's the deadline anyway?

I kind of hope our 2 votes get some sort of reaction from Jiang Wei because I'd hate to lynch someone who didn't offer their opinion unless they flip mafia of course

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

[M] Zhang Fei (2) - Sima Yi, Zhang Jiao
    [M] Sima Yi (0) - Zhao Yun
    [M] Cao Cao (1) - Gan Ning
    [M] Gan Ning (1) - Cao Cao, Zhao Yun
    [M] Jiang Wei (2) - Cao Cao, Meng Huo

Gan Ning really have a boner for me Now I have to go read the entire thread DAMN YOU

Gan Ning really have a boner for me Now I have to go read the entire thread DAMN YOU
    Now don't we all

I'm a bloodhound baby, once I get the scent I dun give up till the bitter (or sweet) end xD

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Meng Huo View Post
    Now don't we all
    It's the strange man bun I have in my hair isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Diao Chan View Post
    Ok, first I'll apologise for my absence; it's exam period, and you people are on the wrong side of the planet.

Secondly I'll explain my vote on Sunshine. While her post probably didn't deserve a vote, I hate it when people are clearly not reading through the thread properly. I understand that her vote was a stab in the dark and a vote to get things going, but she had completely missed the fact that the post she was quoting was an edited joke post by now confirmed mafia member Liu Bei. I said originally that this looked like it could have been a badly planned scum tactic, as I couldn't understand how someone could miss something so obvious. I also said that it may have actually just been a mistake, I still think that both are possible, and both are detrimental to the town.

Sunshine's Post:
    (SPOILER)
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sun Shang Xiang View Post
    Oh great... So now the games begin boys! *bats eyes* Though there's not too much to base votes on on Day one. I wish someone could just do something completely suspicious so we have something to grab on to.

I just remembered
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ma Chao View Post
    I am mafia

##Eat: Liu Bei
    I know he's probably just messing around but I have nowhere else to look so...

##Vote:Ma Chao

Liu Bei's edited post:
    (SPOILER)
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Liu Bei View Post
    I am mafia

Ma Chao's original post:
    (SPOILER)
    Thank goodness for the hotdog!

Lastly, I'll talk about what I've found to be suspicious. I didn't really like the way that Liu Bei and Cao Cao attacked each other, threw votes upon each other, buddied up and then unvoted each other. It just seemed like they were having a pointless argument to distance themselves from each other, while at the same time looking active. (this also happened with, to some degree, Sima Yi) The conversation started here and continues for a while.
    I didn't like it as I was reading through it, and I like it less now that I know that Liu Bei is scum. I haven't read anything that makes me feel a vote is needed, but did anyone else find this odd?
    Again.... I guess you failed to read the post where I said I knew it was changed... *sigh* Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Zhao Yun View Post
    By the way, ever since Sun Shiang Xiang stopped being mentioned, she seems to have faded out. Quite a contrast to when she had heat on her. And she's kind of a whore.
    I'm sorry I have been inactive most of the day. I've been just a bit busy Making cremation arrangements for an animal is a bit harder than a human. That, and chasing a baby around all day takes up all my time.

So yeah has anybody else got anything to add?
    There was certainly a lot to catch up on! A lot of good points so far. I'm till leaning toward voting for Sima Yi, but I haven't decided. I think I may have skimmed over some stuff because I'm not sure where Gan Ning went wrong.

Another thing, that has hardly anything to do with the actual game... Stop with the spoiler tag bulltrout. It's rather annoying. I've gotten to the point where I don't even read your posts.

Default Chapter -1, Guan Yu despairs at the loss of his brother, BoB Loony loses a head

During the last day of Mafia, we saw Liu Bei revealed as a traitor to the Han, and Lu Bu killed by mysterious assassins. Liu Bei's sworn brother, Guan Yu, was distraught upon hearing this news. He had be riding from Xiao Pei towards Xia Pi when a messenger rode over the hills and delivered the news of Liu Bei's treachery and subsequent demise to him.

"Brother!" said Guan Yu, "How could you have fallen so low as to betray your ancestors, and your sworn brothers? For what reason could you have turned your backs on us and the oath we swore under the peach tree?" And thusly Guan Yu fell to the floor and wept bitterly, and was inconsolable.

Seeing that their general was in no fit state to continue on with the journey, Guan Yu's men set up camp only 50 miles out from Xia Pi. Once his quarters were erected, Guan Yu, still openly weeping, sequestered himself away within and refused to speak with anyone.

Even in his grief, however, the God of War realised he could not wallow in self pity forever.

"Though you may have forsaken us, brother" said Guan Yu "I will strive to continue on the path towards the ideals you followed before your indiscretion. What little use I may be, I will strive to forge a land of Benevolence!! so that the people may not suffer and the Han be restored to their former glory!"

Gathering his wits about him, Guan Yu then began making preparations for his next move. He called in his advisor, Guo Jia, and enquired as to what steps he should take to carry on his quest.

"I have decided to forge ahead on the path Brother Liu fell from" said Guan Yu to Guo Jia, " The land is divided and frought with conflict and infighting between the various warlords. There is also the matter of the hidden group moving freely in the shadows to be dealt with. What say you the best course of action?"

Guo Jia laid the matter before Guan Yu thus: "Eight hundred years ago, Duke Wen of Jin supported Prince Xiang of the declining Zhou Dynasty, and all the feudal lords backed Duke Wen. The Founder of the Hans, Liu Bang, won the popular favor by wearing mourning for Emperor Yi of Chu. Now Emperor Xian has been a fugitive on the dusty roads. To take the lead in offering an army to restore him to honor is to have an unrivaled opportunity to win universal regard. But you must act quickly or someone will get in before you."

Guan Yu was not appeased. Said he: "Sound counsel, surely, to someone, somewhere. However that one is not me, and I do not understand the relevance of your words. How to deal with the threats before us and quell the conflicts between the good, in order to weed out the evil?"

Said Guo Jia "I like big butts and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny, that when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get SPRUNG!"

Guan Yu became enraged at this proclaimation and seized upon his Green Dragon Sabre, and lo! He beheaded Guo Jia with one swift strike.

"I am surrounded by so much clay fowls and mud dogs!" exclaimed an exasperated Guan Yu. Gathering himself and his resolve, he marched out and bade his army break camp and continue their march to Xia Pi.

Guan Yu's cohort had drawn within 10 miles of Xia Pi when scouts came speeding toward Guan Yu to inform him that a large host of soldiers were bearing down upon them. Not knowing if they were friend or foe, Guan Yu ordered his men into battle formation and prepared for the arrival of this force.

Shortly, riders bearing the flag of BoB Loony appeared, heading a force 5000 strong. They held ground a mile in front of Guan Yu's troop, and the leaders made for the middle of the open ground to enter into discourse.

Once close enough to cast an appraising eye over the man, Guan Yu found himself most confused. With a face like a smacked bumhole, the spindly body of a sickly 12 year old boy, whispy bumfluff patchy moustache and beard and absurdly dressed in all black for no apparent reason, the man hardly seemed leadership material. He immediately began to address Guan Yu:

"Hi mate, names BoB Loony, prefect of Eizon, would you like to come in and see me pie charts? We can look at stati-"

How BoB Loony would have finished his sentence is a secret forever lost, for upon hearing the man speak a great and unexplained wrath consumed Guan Yu, and he beheaded him at once. BoB's force became stricken with fear, and surrendered to Guan Yu immediately.

The episode has been celebrated in poem:

[hip, hip, hip]
    There once was a kiwi called Loony
    If he was a bard he'd be Spoony
    Guan took one look at his head
    Thought he'd be better off dead
    and no one mourned because he was an almighty tit who smelt like wet dogs
    [yip, yip, yip]

With a greatly bolstered force at his disposal, Guan Yu marched on to Xia Pi without further incident. Upon arriving, he was given command of the city and took up residence in the prefects palace. After making the common greetings, a banquet was held in his honour. As the feasting drew to a close, Guan Yu called to him his most trusted officers and advisors.

"My lord, what say you of the current state of the land? Where shall we go from here?"

Said Guan Yu: "I fear it is yet too early to solve the problems of the land, with too little information. Many of the warlords are at odds with each other, and this evil coalition working in the shadows that Brother Liu had joined arms with that killed Lord Lu Bu pose a great threat to the peace of the land. I believe first we must interrogate lord Liu Bei's wife, Sun Shang Xiang, and discern her involvement or lackthereof within this group."

"But Lord Guan Yu, Lord Liu Bei himself was discovered to have been involved in this group, and yet he tried to cast suspicion onto Lady Sun himself before he died? Would it not imply that she herself is innocent?"

"Not so" said Guan Yu "she may yet be guilty. They may have been plotting a ruse to make her appear more innocent than she truly is. It is difficult to say for now, we lack information. But I do not quite trust her, yet."

Sun Shang Xiang's fate and Guan Yu's decision will be revealed in the next few posts.