Thread: Playing Chicks

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

...there are more weirdos on the internet than I originally thought.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I knew another FFXI player who had to quit because he found out his 'in-game' girlfriend was really a dude. I'm sure there's tons of stories like that though. Guy was a real arrogant punk too so it made it all the more funny.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tend to play a mixture of male and female characters. In games such as Guild Wars I'm not huge on the whole RP thing don't know what it is, the 3D graphics, the art style or what I love playing the games for their story but you get some guilds who literally RP themselves as citizens of the world around them and those guys I don't get.

Ironically on the game I worked on in it's previous form and am currently playing/considering working on if I want to (which is found here, curse of backdraft) where the graphical interface actually has little affect on the storyline of my characters I am very, very big on RP in fact as a story/quest admin/developer I would often enforce the rules of no out of character comments in posts and only allowed the posting of fight logs after there was an attempt at delivering a story to go with (this was a game rule you see) them. Now, I believe my expressive character RP on this game was developed simply because the world literally is a cross between an MMO like WoW and a Sandbox Game like Saints Row where you can do anything, be anyone. Story for the characters you played was important (and in my case, story for the characters I created as NPCs too) Each person needed to fit in to the scheme of things. It's here I do 90% of the RP I've ever done. I've played several characters and yet the characters I am often remembered for are the female ones.

I've played several different characters, one of whom is never remembered until I point out his unique RP and then everyone is like "WOAH you were that dude!" My most infamous or famous character depending on how you look at it was Lasuria-Bladebreak, she was a druiichi (drow/dark elf) who was not only a vicious bitch who was a major racist and sexist she was a raging lesbian. Her RP was basically being a complete and utter cow to everyone. However people loved me for her, if not for the lesbianism, the rage or the comments but because I portrayed her so freakishly accurately. Even girls who played the game said they felt that I got the feel of this female character completely right. My second most well known character was Guinevere, I wasn't feeling too creative that night with the names and she was only meant to be a mess around character an experiment. She went on to become the leader of an army and had to mature from being a naive young lady to a battle hardened charismatic leader type in the game so I had to work hard at portraying someone learning harsh lessons through harder trials. In the new version of TPS (COBD) I recently re-created my dark elf as a vampire, she's keeping her RP, want her to be pretty much exactly what she was back when but with one major change, she now is a vampire who thirsts for blood.

I don't play MMOs. Is there something wrong with me?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I have a male friend who played a male tarutaru and just acted like himself (fairly effeminate) and got into an OL relationship with a guy in FFXI. As far as I know, he never claimed to be female, but the guy just assumed he was, and one day he referred to him as a female, and my friend was like "uhhhm I'm a guy...I thought you knew..." and of course the guy flipped out, but later he was like "okay. okay. I love you anyway." My friend decided to break things up, and the rest of the LS started calling him like crazy to harass him for dumping the guy. Or uh, at least that's how I remember the story. It was years ago, so I may have gotten a few details wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I have a male friend who played a male tarutaru and just acted like himself (fairly effeminate) and got into an OL relationship with a guy in FFXI. As far as I know, he never claimed to be female, but the guy just assumed he was, and one day he referred to him as a female, and my friend was like "uhhhm I'm a guy...I thought you knew..." and of course the guy flipped out, but later he was like "okay. okay. I love you anyway." My friend decided to break things up, and the rest of the LS started calling him like crazy to harass him for dumping the guy. Or uh, at least that's how I remember the story. It was years ago, so I may have gotten a few details wrong.
    People used to assume that I was a girl online when I was really polite and used ^_^ a lot.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rule #1 for MMORPGs: Playing as a chick gets you a smurftonne of free stuff.

I usually roll a female character, simply because they're more apathetically pleasing.
    In WoW fer instance, I almost always roll female on Tauren, Troll, Forsaken, Human, Night elf and Drainei.
    The other races may vary. I'm almost always Male Orc however.
    The males just look pretentious, thick or just plain Fugly.
    Round Two. Maybe.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    I don't play MMOs, but my Spartan on Halo Reach is male. People tend to go after the girls and teabag them just because.
    Yeah, if I see a girl playing Halo I attack with a burning rage.

That game brings out the worst in me.
    You're like one of my RL friends. Anytime we play together and finds a girl on either team, he'll yell out something to the effect "It's a bitch! Get her!" And then just bag her the rest of the match.
    You friend is sick. Did a woman hurt him? I bet a woman hurt him.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I read it and assume it was mother issues. That's sounds like mother issues to me.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    I don't play MMOs, but my Spartan on Halo Reach is male. People tend to go after the girls and teabag them just because.
    Yeah, if I see a girl playing Halo I attack with a burning rage.

That game brings out the worst in me.
    You're like one of my RL friends. Anytime we play together and finds a girl on either team, he'll yell out something to the effect "It's a bitch! Get her!" And then just bag her the rest of the match.
    You friend is sick. Did a woman hurt him? I bet a woman hurt him.
    Not that I'm aware of. He's the nicest and most sociable guy I know, outside of Halo. xD

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Topham Hatt View Post
    Rule #1 for MMORPGs: Playing as a chick gets you a smurftonne of free stuff.
    When I was playing (and raiding) in WoW we PuG'd this chick for Naxx or Sarth or something once.

The first thing she did was ask for Vent info so she could hear "sexy man voices" (her words), which then turned into her talking about how looooonely she was because her booooyfriend was gone.

Then she promptly started asking various people in /raid if they could pick up some reagents for her-- these questions were peppered with liberal usage of words like "hon", "sweetie", "babe" etc.

Anyways we all pretty much ignored her and she ended up leaving the raid in a huff at some point. And not a single frack was given. I think she whispered me some snarky message before leaving and I gave it right back to her. It was pretty great.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nobody likes a scab. If you just go around being self-sufficient, guys give you trout. FACT.

I always play a female in WoW, have one from each of the Horde races.
    I like to play what I am I guess, if im playing games where I can choose the sex, Dragon Age, Mass Effects FemShep for example I will do.
    I think for me, it allows me to feel a bit more immersed in the game, I think that the female characters tend to look better too.

That being said, if you wanna play the opposite sex then go for it! Its just down to personal preference. I have a guy in my guild who's mains are a beefy (pardon the pun) Tauren DK tank, his other main is a pretty Belf female Priest. When I asked, he just said its down to aesthetics. In his mind, a Holy/Disc priest is fitting to a delicate feminine frame. The opposite with the DK. Some people left the guild once they found out he isnt a female though having only seen the Priest which kinda sucks as he is a genuinely lovely guy.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Topham Hatt View Post
    Nobody likes a scab. If you just go around being self-sufficient, guys give you trout. FACT.
    I'm sure that is the case, I was just looking for a good excuse to share my story. :3

Anyways back to topic, there were certain races in WoW I couldn't play females in. I can't stand female blood elves. I just can't. And female draenei look okay aesthetically, but I can't stand to hear their voice for too long of a period of time.

Female tauren are my favorite race/gender combo in the game by far. Gnomes second, goblins third.