Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Should Lightning have a love interest?

Firstly, I may be late to the following, but in regards to why Fang was made Female, this was a choice made in accordance with Rule 93.
    Three Females Rule: There will always be either one or three female characters in the hero's party, no matter how many male characters there are.

And on original topic, I don't like Lightning at all. I would on about why, but it's rather irrelevant.

That said, I like the Idea that we have a female lead who doesn't even so much as have love on the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post

EDIT: And sure yeah, Squall had a girlfriend, but that's only because Rinoa has Down's Syndrome.
    I was about to rep you up and then...

I don't think Lightning's a lesbian. A woman with a strong character and unwavering will, maybe. It's what SE targeted her to be, impression-wise. She'll never be considered a lead protagonist if she isn't (duh?). Well, if Rinoa doesn't exist I will surely go with Lightning and Squall team up (Squaire Farronhart as what they call). With all those (psychic) piercing eye contact conversations, cat/dog arguments because of clashing ideas, opposite POV's and stubborn attitudes, I find it kinda cute. That's a challenge on how they're gonna develop a relationship. Or maybe the you-thought-he's-just-annoying-but-guess-what-you're-already-falling-for-him kind of story. I bet Lightning's not gonna lose her strong personality she already have if there's a guy tagging along with her that is as hardheaded as she was that will occasionally forces her to punch him in the throat. But the moment she learns to care for him she'll eventually show her softer side. She's still a woman after all so she'll soon feel the need for it. It's interesting IMO.

Blog Entries

Lightning x Hope forever.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Also Lightning isn't a tomboy, she's a Soldier. Should she fall in love? Maybe one day, when there's no more reason for her to fight, but when that day comes there would be no more reason to make games about her.
    That seems like a fantastic reason to force a love story upon her, then.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A love interest is something that, for me, wouldn't work well for Lightning's story. You could say that it would allow her a kind of... different side, but I think what makes Lightning 'Lightning' is that she isn't distracted by such things so easily. It would be far more interesting to have someone fall in love with Lightning than it would be to have Lightning fall in love with someone else. I'd love watching Lightning realise that someone is falling for her and then have to try to somehow let them down easily. It would be awkward for her because it's not something she's (seemingly) experienced in.

I'm under the impression that if Light ever did find love, it would not be a mushy kind of love but a more direct kind of relationship where they speak quite matter-of-factly about pretty much everything. Such relationships most certainly do exist, that's for sure.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I do not prefer any love interest in RPG (yeah I know that almost in every there is) and I do not prefer main male characters (main protagonists like Squall, Cloud) have a love interest. She is female and she has personality that she has and I would like to see what her love one would be and how that love interest is connected with her character.

You know, I was just thinking: they should have a feminine male character (not Hope, but someone more feminine, and older, than him). Since Lightning is very masculine, perhaps she may need a feminine boyfriend.

I've been taking classes and doing research on gender dynamics lately, and I figured that if Lightning is masculine, she may need someone feminine.
    Is that your final answer?

It could work. I don't think a macho masculine male would be her type. She needs a pretty boy to protect and win bread for.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

What if she likes girls?

Edit: Or what if she's an asexual, I know a girl like that.
    Last edited by Hollycat; 11-09-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Chie View Post
    What if she likes girls?
    Even better. Just not Serah. That would cause to much controversy. She would have to be a pretty girly girl too though...Fang is too macho too.

... Of all the threads to resurrect from the Oblivion Dimension! Pff, I bet she's into Snow anyway, being the reason she punched him in the face so often in XIII.

*KING LOGIC WIN*
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Blog Entries

I totally forgot about this thread, and that I'd posted in it. I beat myself to saying what I came into this thread to say. And that is:

Quote Originally Posted by KentaRawr! View Post
    Lightning x Hope forever.