Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How's Your Eyesight?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My once 20/15 vision deteriorated to -.75 in college because of time spent studying/computering. She said it could bounce back if I stopped using computers as much, but every job I've had requires at least 4 hours a day in front of one.

I wear my glasses when I have to see things that are more than 20 feet away. And when I drive.

Signature by rubah. I think.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have -2.50 contact Rx for both eyes. Which means I am sorta nearsighted. I still have to wear my contacts or glasses if I drive or anything. But I have a habit of only wearing them for half a year at a time. Who needs contacts when you are deployed? And I am always breaking or losing my glasses.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Blog Entries

Why is almost everyone on this site nearsighted? We should create a close-range army. Very close-range army.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Near-sightedness has a genetic component, but it is also caused by focusing close to the face for extended periods of time during one's youth (your eyes stop growing when you're around 20-years-old), resulting in one's eyes having difficulty focusing outward (near-sightedness). As people on this website tend to be nerds, and nerds tend to read and use computers more than the general population, it is no surprise that many of us are blind as smurfing bats.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have perfect vision. I can't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like "smurfing awesome". Suck it, goggles. :smugtwat:

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh man, I totally forgot about floaters! I saw them in my primary school years and haven't seen them since. I always thought they were amusing more than anything and never thought to consider them being anything abnormal... but yeah, wow, that surely wins the award for weirdest thing to get nostalgia over, huh?

EDIT: I'll try to remember to check my contacts box when I get home, I can't remember exactly what level of terrible I am with my eyesight but it's probably around the same as yourselves, Rye/Raist/chionos.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I was kinda reluctant to click a link to "Floaters" from Old Manus.

I have crap vision, and I want to get laser'd. I want to be able to open my eyes in the morning and be able to see without fumbling for my face irons first

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm just a bit near-sighted, with -1 on one eye and -0.5 on the other. But I also have astigmatism. Thank you, dad.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Reallllly near sighted. Not as bad as sayyy mistaking your penis for a child having an epileptic attack, but pretty bad.
    I've worn glasses since 8 or 9, and I switched into contacs about a year or two ago.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Near-sightedness has a genetic component, but it is also caused by focusing close to the face for extended periods of time during one's youth (your eyes stop growing when you're around 20-years-old), resulting in one's eyes having difficulty focusing outward (near-sightedness). As people on this website tend to be nerds, and nerds tend to read and use computers more than the general population, it is no surprise that many of us are blind as smurfing bats.
    I can thank all those video games for more than just being a lonely nerd.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Oh man, I totally forgot about floaters! I saw them in my primary school years and haven't seen them since. I always thought they were amusing more than anything and never thought to consider them being anything abnormal... but yeah, wow, that surely wins the award for weirdest thing to get nostalgia over, huh?

EDIT: I'll try to remember to check my contacts box when I get home, I can't remember exactly what level of terrible I am with my eyesight but it's probably around the same as yourselves, Rye/Raist/chionos.
    So you wake up sometimes to an ugly bald midget trying to attack you, then after you choke him out he vomits all over you and you realize that it's really your penis? I thought I was the only one.

It's actually way past time for me to get my prescription reevaluated, and I'm quite certain I'll need bifocals before too long. I spend too much time on the computer for work/school/play and then video games don't help and then I read deep into the night in the dark.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

My eyesight varies between fine and can't see anything whenever it feels like.