Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo Doing It Wrong

Last night I had booze for the first time ever in my life (yes I'm 28, shut up). I had two bottles of these alcoholic fruit drink things. I was expecting OMG SUPER FUN TIMES but instead I just got sleepy. I went to bed early and slept like a rock. Anyways it was kind of disappointing.

So the purpose of this thread is two-fold;

a.) Tell Pike how she is doing drinking wrong,

and/or

b.) Talk about times you've done things wrong yourself.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

First-time drinking can be hit or miss but generally it's a miss! Be thankful that yours didn't end the way most people's first time ends... face down in a pool of your own vomit...

I was sixteen when I first got drunk. I had six pints of Stella Artois at the pub my Dad was working at. I distinctly rememberbeing carried home by my Dad and Brother.

My advise would be to start small.

Blog Entries

A drinking thread? AWWWWRIGHT

Get yourself some vodka and cranberry juice. Fun times shall ensue.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Drinking by yourself will end up in depressing ways, most of the time. If you are drinking socially, that's where you'll have the best effects of alcohol, though sometimes you may end up too wasted that you'll end up forgetting or regretting your drunken actions. Just sayin'.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Drinking makes me sleepy too.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Drinking makes me dizzy.

I would recommend you just keep drinking different stuff. You'll eventually settle on something you enjoy. I think within the first few months of drinking (yay coolers) I settled on rum + coke and now I only drink rum + diet coke.

There's a lot of very yummy drinks out there. Last weekend we asked the bartender to invent us 5 shots of 'green lantern'. It was so sweet we argued there wasn't even any alcohol in it

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Drinking has various effects on me, and I have many embarrassing stories as a result of getting myself intoxicated.

I hate saying about to say because when you do, people assume you are bragging, but I do have a high tolerance for alcohol. This is probably because I can't stand beer, and other light stuff upsets my stomach because of carbonation and other non alcohol related ingredients. Hence, I drink mainly hard liquor (mixed with stuff that doesn't upset my stomach usually)

Anyway, it takes a good amount for me to get anywhere with it, but EVERYONE comes across that line where one of three things will happen:

A) You will pass out.
    B) You will vomit.
    C) You'll do both (not talking about accidentally killing yourself here, I mean you will pass out then wake up and suddenly vomit).

I agree with Proto about drinking socially. The few times I have drank by myself, I mostly was awkwardly drunk and felt depressed about something. With friends and/or family, I have a great time about 90% of the time.

I also agree to start small. Once I started to drink seriously, I drank way too often and way too much. I'm actually very lucky I never got into serious trouble or quickly fell into alcoholism, especially since both sides of my family have alcoholics in it. Regardless, if I paced myself a few years ago, I would have had better earlier.

I am actually trying to think of a story where I did something wrong, but every story I can think of is either too boring or too embarrassing (as mentioned above)!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My first drunk experience was when I was 15. Had a litre of vodka straight over the course of a half hour.

Went well.

Oh wow, my first time with alcohol.... Embarrassing to tell really.
    Read if you dare.. (SPOILER)I drank vodka for the first time on a friends birthday. After taking like 4 big sips, I was blacked out... sleeping on a chair that was wet, because someone peed on it. I barfed a little, but I was alright. And to be honest, I was only *12* . (It was summer, we were outside, in an abandoned building.)

I'm soon turning 16 and I still drink with my friends from time to time(once a week). I usually don't puke when drinking, but when I do, it is kind of random, I do not feel sick. That is my awkward situation.

Favourite drinks? Rum and cola.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You pissed yourself?!

Best reaction ever. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Stiltzquin View Post
    You pissed yourself?!

Best reaction ever. xD
    Nope, a friend of mine was drunk too and he had to take a leak. He decided to piss on a chair. I was so wasted and I felt sleepy and then I went to sleep on that chair.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pike, you should try a beer. I'm curious to see how you'll take to it. Why haven't you drank before?

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I've had my fun drinking. I mean that. Still, I don't get super drunk anymore.....

(SPOILER) The first time I got extremely drunk was.....16? I dry heaved for 3 hours. I then got drunk/bored and wandered a few miles away from the house I was at. I somehow fell asleep in the road. (It was a little back road) The first car that came along was of course a county deputy. I am amazingly lucky in that he didn't run over me, and then DIDN'T arrest me! He said he did stupid tit when he was young too. So he took me back to the house, and told me to just keep my ass inside.

I was also asked to leave a restaurant/bar in New Orleans after putting my balls on the glass.....This story was told to me. I don't remember it too well. I do remember my karaoke was really enthusiastic. That was a long night.

There's other stories, but you get the idea.

I do still enjoy going to the pub and playing some pool or darts.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's so weird to me how many people love to drink, because it seriously just gets me soooo sleepy. I mean, just from a purely chemical objective standpoint, alcohol is a depressant. So I can understand drinking to relax or take the edge off. But drinking to get amped up is bizarre. If you want to get all hyper and excited, have an energy drink instead. Or I know people who mix alcohol with cocaine since alcohol is a downer and cocaine brings you waaay up. But that is bad. Very very bad. Don't do it.

But it's the same thing with weed. It just knocks me out. And I sleep like a baby.

When I was having a little bit of insomnia problems, I could literally take a couple sips of wine and just zonk right out.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I dislike smoking but I do it when a friend offers.

I dislike being drunk but I do it every so often for lulz

I guess I'm adopting that silly 'herp a derp let's get drunk' mentality. It's fun bc there's a social aspect. yes there's other ways to get that social aspect, but now I have one more!

*shrug*