Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Accents!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

*yawn* Accents!

Apparently, I really suck at a british accent. But that doesn't mean I still don't find them extremeeeely attractive. Australian ones too

What accents are you good at faking and which do you just plain like! Or which do you hate?

I like Southern accents. foa I wonder what my accent sounds like when I speak Japanese...

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every American sucks at the British accent. Mostly because there's no such smurfing thing as a British accent. xD

Irish accents, the proper yummy ones, tickle me in ways I could never describe. And the French. Unf.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Those normal sounding british accents and the slightly posh ones are pretty hot. I also like French and Russian (when it's not some big fat russian lady who sounds manlier than me speaking).

Blog Entries

According to my English Professor, I have an unmistakable American accent. What does that even mean? So many to choose from.

Blog Entries

After spending a few years living with some guys from the Black Country and deciphering their horrendous accent, I think I can emulate it well enough for them to take me in as their own.

there was a picture here

I possess the special ability of being able to mutilate any accent I try to do. The only one I've got a "hey I kinda see what you're trying to do there" response to is Scottish. Instead of trying to imitate a sound, I try to imitate a person who has that accent and it just never works.

And I have one of those sexy Australian accents.

I have a northern English accent instead of bath I say baff, but I spend so much time in London its now a mix of fancy and northness .

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Americans just can't make the sounds required to do a good British accent. I can be a generic American pretty well, and also my mastery of Eastern Europe/Russia is good. I'm utterly terrible at other accents.

I really like Northern Irish accents. I like their harshness compared to the softer southern ones. Sing to me Huxley~ but not in that generic British posh voice of yours

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am not good at doing any accents. A friend of mine has a recording of me trying to emulate the Indian helpdesk people I used to have to call at Kmart and it's really awful. Doesn't stop me from making an ass of myself though.

This guy at my mew job is amazing with accents. He does Peggy from USA prime credit juuuust awesome.

Signature by rubah. I think.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    After spending a few years living with some guys from the Black Country and deciphering their horrendous accent, I think I can emulate it well enough for them to take me in as their own.
    You poor, wretched thing. I am truly sorry for your suffering.

Also, I'm pretty good with accents. Mainly UK ones, but I can do a few others from around the world fairly well as well. I think my favourites to do are the Scouse accent and the Michael Bisping, which Paul loves and would have whispered into his ear every minute of every day if he could.

as for accents I like, I would listen to Mikey Holding all god damn day. Smoothest voice in the history of the world. Just listen to him. I also enjoy Latin accents. Well when I say that, I mean the accent Latino people have when they speak english.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I really like Northern Irish accents. I like their harshness compared to the softer southern ones. Sing to me Huxley~ but not in that generic British posh voice of yours
    Anyone who hasn't heard Huxley talk is missing out on the most delightful of accents. ALL OF THE ONES HE HAS

Dat Norn Irish
    Dat cute light-English thing he does
    Dat way he mispronounces Spokane and Oregon
    Dat Estonian
    Dat way he emulates every accent under the sun when he plays vidya
    Dat adorable Huxley singing along to Mayhem

... 'kay I'll stop.

I think my accent is pretty generic American English. I really don't think anything sticks out about it, except apparently the way I say everything wrong according to Hux. Seriously all I have to do is say "Graham's hovering crayons" and he gets all pissy.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Americans just can't make the sounds required to do a good British accent. I can be a generic American pretty well, and also my mastery of Eastern Europe/Russia is good. I'm utterly terrible at other accents.

I can actually do some really killer English accents. But not just the generic London ones. So psh!

Ps: I vote that everyone posts a voice recording of their best accent!
    What came first...the egg or the chocobo?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Seriously all I have to do is say "Graham's hovering crayons" and he gets all pissy.
    No see if you said that it would be fine, but what you actually say is "Gram's huvvering crans".

Edit: Dan's Bisping accent is so unbelievably glorious that you honestly cannot fathom its true form without hearing it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm now convinced Milf needs to read me a story.