Page 60 of 106 FirstFirst ... 104050545556575859606162636465667080 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah I got the path through the sewers. At the start of the battle when that mothersmurfer comes towards me I roll and run up those stairs, turn around, try to block the dogs and kill them, but by then he's also up there and just smashes me with an overhead strike.

How do I upgrade my trout? I don't think I've unlocked that option yet. So far my favourite weapon is the halberd, it kills the dogs in like 2 strikes. I think it has a better reach than the estoc with its forward stab.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Taking the Firelink shortcut, run straight through past where the tower knight was, don't head towards the balder knights. Kill the hollow soldiers and follow the path straight ahead into that little building. Downstairs is a bonfire, further downstairs is Andre of Astora, and out the door at the end is some new territory to explore. Give Andre your titanite shards to upgrade weapons. You'll want something to be at +5 as soon as possible.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Right... spoilers
    I'll keep that in mind, my apologies.

And the capra... oh the capra
    If you can find a certain spell that makes you hard to see then maybe you won't have as difficult a time... hmmm
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Or kill the dogs. always kill those dogs.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yeah kill the dogs
    have a 100 phys shield and enough stamina and you can do it
    learning his moves is another matter. it's good to circle him, and don't try to do much damage if he's swinging two handed. when he combines he swords, stay shielded until the strike, and take your opening afterward. you can two hand and hit once or twice, then back to playing defensively. keep moving and let your stamina recover by dropping shield when you know you're safe. he's usually slow to recover from his joined sword attacks though, that's when i usually make my shots count.

Blog Entries

The being harder to see directly correlates to killing the dogs easily.
    There is no or about it, killing the dogs is pretty much essential.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

would getting that spell mean killing the hydra/golden golem at this stage? i don't remember. i didn't even know it had uses at such short range. i guess fog ring isn't strong enough to be helpful in such cramped quarters, right?

Blog Entries

Confirmation on why I get said spellYes it does. In challenge runs like I do I go for that spell as soon as I get a +5 weapon. Takes a LONG time, but by god is it worth it. The fog ring isn't nearly as powerful, whereas that spell pretty much breaks so many fights and areas... including the capra demon fight.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Taking the Firelink shortcut, run straight through past where the tower knight was, don't head towards the balder knights. Kill the hollow soldiers and follow the path straight ahead into that little building. Downstairs is a bonfire, further downstairs is Andre of Astora, and out the door at the end is some new territory to explore. Give Andre your titanite shards to upgrade weapons. You'll want something to be at +5 as soon as possible.
    Wait which area is this? I ain't seen any knights in the lower undead burg.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Wait which area is this? I ain't seen any knights in the lower undead burg.
    It's in the parish. You know the elevator leading from the gargoyle church to firelink? If you take that elevator and just go STRAIGHT forward (from the church of course), you will go to both a bonfire and easily the most useful blacksmith in the game.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

Found him! Who's that big ass demon below him?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's a pretty easy sub-boss if you take him out with magic. He's a massive bastard to kill if you try anything else, though.

Get a Balder Shield. Upgrade it. Firstly, it's easily one of the best looking shields in the game, and secondly, it has excellent stability. With this shield in hand, I killed the Capra Demon without even using the stairs or hunting down the dogs first. Pretty sure the only one I killed was one that got in the way accidentally. xD Great shield.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I took out the guy guarding the Darkroot Gardens after like 5 tries with an upgraded halberd. He wasn't so hard with melee as a single combo took away large chunks of his health. Upgraded my knight's shield instead of balder shield though!

Blog Entries

The knight's shield is terrible by the way. The stability it gives for all the weight it takes is just so not worth it.
    Knight Shield - Dark Souls Wikidot Wiki
    Balder Shield - Dark Souls Wikidot Wiki

The balder shield weighs 1.5 units less, and has far better stability. Toss the knights shield once you get the chance.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

Bad shield or not, I finally took the capra demon down after only 3 tries while buzzed. Goes to show that alcohol really does improve decision-making!