Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 114151555657585960616263646566677181 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's perfectly usable, just bad in relation to other shields.
    Alcohol at least improves pain tolerance, so I guess that could help with Dark Souls too~!
    Congratulations. That boss is always a big roadblock on my characters.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think it's crucial to take the dogs out really quick at the beginning of the battle, because that's your best shot to get them away from the boss. After they're gone, evading his attacks and countering is pretty easy.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Blog Entries

Pretty much, the dogs are more of a threat than the capra without a doubt.
    Hmmm.... I wish it was possible to parry the capra demon. That would be so amazing.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i used knight shield for the first half of the game on my first play through no worries
    i just have fond memories picking it up after defeating that estoc balder knight guy. the first few hours seem so stressful that anything you pick up you sort of develop an attachment with.

Blog Entries

The only reason I dislike the knights shield is that it weighs so much. As I said it's perfectly usable, but it's just overall so much worse than really every other medium shield. It would be good if it had more stability... like 78-80, but the balder shield weighs 1.5 units less, has similar resistances, and somehow rocks more stability than the knights. It just wasn't balanced properly in my opinion. I can see why people would use it though, especially after taking down that pain in the ass rapier balder knight for it.

I don't often use shields anymore but I still have a love for the caduceus kite shield. Like you said you grow a little attachment, well I bought this shield on my first dark souls character and it's my baby now. It has served me so well over my time in this game. What's bizarre is this dinky kite shield that weighs 2.5 units less still has more stability... I just don't get it.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Demon's Souls for free tomorrow if you've got playstation plus. Unless its an April Fool's joke.

My PS3 was dead but I revived it with a hair dryer. Looks like this PS3 is an Undead, so to speak But it works and I'm back in the game, although no-one knows how long it will last. Until then; ultimate Darkwraith & Ganker Hunter mode is on!

On the side I started a new game with le gf who loves to watch this game. Set my eyes on rocking the regular iron greataxe. I find strength builds the most fun to use in PvE. There's just something about swinging an oversized weapon into those giant bosses.

Edit: jinxed it. It died again this afternoon :0
    Last edited by Pete for President; 04-03-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Oh no D:

And I find strength builds to the most fun in both PvE AND PvP. Watching my opponents fly away never loses its appeal.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

new goal is to platinum demon's souls
    i only beat it once and i did it in a fearful 'use-bow-everywhere' approach
    had no idea wtf upgrading was all about really
    but im a new man after dark souls

Blog Entries

Ah, the order FINALLY arrived yesterday. Was about freaking time.

"Oh yeah! Look, Bern! I made
    it through the first 5 hours
    without dying even once!"

"...because you've been sitting
    at the first bonfire for 5 bloody
    hours straight, you damn coward."

"...details, details!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

So... I decided to go with a Pyromancer, mainly because of awesome fireballs and one of the cooler-looking standard equipments. During my initial encounter with the Asylum Demon, I decided to take him on right off the bat - because, I was a pretty badass-looking pyromancer after all. My face might not have been the hottest at that specific moment because of some minor undead issues such as my flesh looking like it's rotting, but hey... you can't have everything. I was still the baddest boy in town, and no silly first-boss demon would stand in my way.

...after hitting the demon once for like 2 damage, and then getting launched across the room, losing over half my health from the demon's counter-attack, I quickly changed my attitude and decided that getting the hell out of there was, in fact, a more attractive idea than staying and fighting to the last breath.

Picking up a handy Hand Axe, I could pack a bit more of a punch and by the time I got back to the demon, I had a slightly better idea of how everything worked gameplay-wise and I made it through the Asylum without any real problems, save that initial encounter with the Asylum Demon where I had to run away, crying like a little girl.

My first death then came from exploring the new ruin-like place and finding the innocent-looking graveyard. Well... not that innocent looking. But hey... how bad could a few skeletons be? We all know that skeletons go flying in pieces from one hit, are semi-slow and predictable and... HOLY CRAP, THEY TANK LIKE BEASTS, ARE EVERYWHERE AND 2-SHOTTING ME!

...so I decided to take a different route. Luckily, the next couple of enemies I encountered were much, much easier and I can only assume that the Undead Burg is where I was supposed to head, while that graveyard was most certainly not.

"...and then you fall off a cliff, while
    trying to evade the trap at those
    stairs. That was truly hilarious."

Yeah, but save that... I think I've been doing pretty well. Managed to defeat the demon on the bridge on the first attempt...

"...only to go back and die on
    the black knight in the alley a couple
    of times. And then a few more times."

...but I defeated him eventually! Got that awesome ring of something-something...

"...only to get destroyed by the
    second black knight at the top
    of the tower... many, many times."

...it became so much easier when I realised I could just parry his slow attacks and counter. Once I took that appraoch, it was a pretty easy battle actually. I have a "try again until I win" approach rather than a "save it for later when I'm stronger" approach, you see.

I've just met with Mr. Blacksmith and picked up a Halberd-weapon which I've fallen in love with. I also bought a decent sheild from the blacksmith with 100% physical damage reduction. I also got the Halberd upgraded to +2.

Parrying the Black Knights right out of the Burg: impressive! Praise thou mentality. And the Halberd is a blast to use indeed

I too underestimated the skeletons when I first came from the Asylum. I got so excited when I first managed to beat one... but then my jaw dropped when it re-assembled itself like nothing happened.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, that whole starting area is a work of genius. Mad, cruel genius. Throwing a damn near unbeatable area right where every newbie will find themselves is a great way to introduce them to the fundamental mentality of the game.

Blog Entries

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy ultimas playthrough of this game. You fall for all the fun traps, but you're able to figure it all out through the skin of your teeth. Not to mention beating the taurus demon on the bridge first try and parrying the black knight are both quite impressive for your stage of the game.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Doing the "Snuggly" trick to get 99 Twinkling Titanite.. I was skeptical at first but it really works!..

BTW, why this game is "M" rated?
    I have seen more nudity and violence in a FF game..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries

Decided to take a detour from beating the crocodile dragon in the sewers, and instead went to the Darkroot Garden. Looks like I'm gonna have to do some farmin' to be able to open that door
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...