Page 20 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223242526304070 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Thank you, thank you all! Although I must give my props to the player 'Twilight', he completes the game in 1:26 (and this is even 1.03 patch!) and I learned a lot from watching his run on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Well done sir! Finally finished my first run through of the game, some 70 Hours later :') Kinda pales in comparison to your speed run Pete! I was over levelled but got maximum enjoyment out of it
    Congrats on completing the game : ) My first playthrough also had about 65 hours on the clock and I loved every minute of it! Are you gonna go for NG+ or start a new game maybe?

EDIT: Anyone interested in a sparring session to improve parrying in PvP? I'm talking dueling with un-upgraded weapons to get the timing down for different weapon types. I'm on PS3, holla if you're with me!
    Last edited by Pete for President; 09-19-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Thanks I'm going for NG+ just to see how much more difficult they make it. Just got to Lower Undead Burg with no problems at all. Killed the Asylum Demon in the first battle, the Hellkite Dragon and the Gargoyles (along with obtaining their Tail Axe). I forsee things starting to get trickier though (FU Capra Demon)

UPDATE: Capra Demon annihilated first time. Suppose having a decent shield and lots of fire serves a good purpose
    Gaping Dragon + Dragon King Greataxe also finished
    AANNNDDDD Stray Demon has fallen too. So really, my prediction of trickiness has fallen flat on its face
    Last edited by I Don't Need A Name; 09-19-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Nice progress! Press on thou chosen one!

EDIT: This just in, the Artorias of the Abyss DLC is coming to consoles October 23rd for the US and October 24th in Europe, Australia and Asia. I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS.

EDIT#2: It shall go down in history as the first DLC I actually buy.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 09-19-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My birthday is the 26th. Hey guys, guess what I'm buying?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

smurf. I just said today I couldn't spend anymore money for a long while.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

I believe we also get the Prepare to Die content as well, don't we? The only problem with that is the nerfing of the Dark Wood Grain Ring.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I believe we also get the Prepare to Die content as well, don't we? The only problem with that is the nerfing of the Dark Wood Grain Ring.
    ...no. no.

​NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The only problem with that is the nerfing of the Dark Wood Grain Ring.
    OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD. Are you guys kidding me? This was needed soooo bad. Take my word, this is a real real good thing.

A fatty wearing full Havel's/Giant's armor and still flipping about like a ninja was the most ridiculous thing in the game. Soon, no more!

PvP can only get better in this: less roll-backstabbing (which also indirectly nerfs the Hornet Ring) and a lot less poise-stacking 2000+HP Havels and Giants. I have high hopes for this development!

And for PvE it finally pays off to go for a <25% build!
    Last edited by Pete for President; 09-20-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't give a rat's ass about PvP. I needed them Havels and flips for 'dem bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I don't give a rat's ass about PvP. I needed them Havels and flips for 'dem bosses.
    No you don't! The ring is and always has been overpowered and takes away a lot of the challenge!

EDIT: What I meant to say (in a much less mean way) is that I have faith you can dodge just as good with a <25% or <50% equipped character. The ring is a mental thing.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 09-20-2012 at 07:58 AM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

i love walking around in full havels and fatrolling in circles

i could watch it all day

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

YESSSSSSSSSSS
    OH MY GOODNESS THERE IS A GOD!
    As a PvP'er who never used the dwgr after it made pvp too easy for me, I can safely say I am LOVING this patch, even if I don't play dark souls anymore.
    Now the Light Weight roll will hopefully serve a purpose! (Seeing as it has my favorite animation and distance, I'm so excited)
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Not gonna lie, running around in Havel's whilst flipping is quite fun, I'm gonna miss that ring. However, when that DLC comes out I'll be starting a new game from fresh, so I'll learn to live without! Might try tanking. Also, bare in mind, they haven't made a statement saying that they'll patch the ring, I'm just presuming so as the PC version has it nerfed.

Game update: Quelaag provided the first challenge, what with me being a fan of fire. A few hard luck attempts of being staggered into lava left me sore, but she's bit the dust now. Now to destroy the ever hilarious Ceaseless Discharge!
    And Sif is down. Next up: Sen's Funhouse
    Last edited by I Don't Need A Name; 09-20-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSS
    OH MY GOODNESS THERE IS A GOD!
    As a PvP'er who never used the dwgr after it made pvp too easy for me, I can safely say I am LOVING this patch, even if I don't play dark souls anymore.
    Now the Light Weight roll will hopefully serve a purpose! (Seeing as it has my favorite animation and distance, I'm so excited)
    I would love to test your skills in a duel. Do you think you'll return to Dark Souls at some point, maybe on PS3 even?

Also, bare in mind, they haven't made a statement saying that they'll patch the ring, I'm just presuming so as the PC version has it nerfed.

Game update: Quelaag provided the first challenge, what with me being a fan of fire. A few hard luck attempts of being staggered into lava left me sore, but she's bit the dust now. Now to destroy the ever hilarious Ceaseless Discharge!
    And Sif is down. Next up: Sen's Funhouse
    I share your assumptions. It would be crazy to let the game be different on PC, so I'm pretty confident!

And sir, I admire your progress. Show this game who's boss!
    Last edited by Pete for President; 09-20-2012 at 08:12 AM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

queelag's furysword is kinda meh...should probably twinkle it up to do some real damage, yeah?