Page 28 of 106 FirstFirst ... 81822232425262728293031323334384878 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    beat my first black night today! the guy in the chapel with the giant mace. got a shard from it. the stairwell in front of the chapel or church or whateever it is is very useful for leading all the knights out there to take them on one by one
    the priest thing soul arrowed my face off shortly after
    Hate to burst your bubble, but that isn't actually a black knight. ^^
    Just a big dude with a mace. He's brutal as hell though if you get hit.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Yeah, I tried him last night after getting the Xanthous set, still able to fast roll. Got him to less than fifty percent health. I'll down him tonight. Smacking him with Pyromancy is helping a lot although once I'm out of combustion/greater combustion charges I'm kinda screwed. Is the weapon for cutting off the tail worth it for an INT based character though?
    It's not really a useful weapon for any kind of build ever really. It's a whip. And they suck. It's more like a joke weapon like the Gargoyle Tail Axe I reckon, as I've never seen anyone use it yet. Looks pretty badass though, and you feel like a boss when that tail drops.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

not even embarassed a little bit for summoning for the capra demon fight
    seriously there's no way to move around that little room

Blog Entries

not even embarassed a little bit for summoning for the capra demon fight
    seriously there's no way to move around that little room
    I summoned on my first playthrough. No shame in that.
    Only recently have I actually gotten good at fighting him, and that room makes it all the more difficult.
    Oh, also, your next stop is the depths I take it?
    I have one tip for you...
    Tread lightly, else you may find yourself in quite a bind.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember The Depths. Nasty area. I had two strangers summoned there once, in preparation for the upcoming boss fight. Got killed by a load of rats within minutes of summoning them. Ultimate humiliation. xD

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Ceaseless Discharge...is dodging and rolling going to be the most viable way to take this thing out? The collision detection is utter bull and I'm getting smacked by NOTHING and still dying.

krissy, if you manage to get one-upped by the basilisks head to New Londo. I'm PRETTY sure they upped the drop rate of the Jagged Ghost Blade since the patch. That early on in the game it'll be a pretty useful weapon.

Ceaseless Discharge...is dodging and rolling going to be the most viable way to take this thing out? The collision detection is utter bull and I'm getting smacked by NOTHING and still dying.
    I'll drop a hint because there's a rather confusing trick to this boss: SuperhintCeaseless is obsessed with the altar all the way in back. You better run for the gate after visiting it to escape his rampage.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    yeah hahahaha
    i didn't actually think ahead and buy any curse removal crap before heading down here, but i made it to the guy that sells the crystal equipment while cursed! i reckon i'll get the shield or straight sword, although the knight shield has been amazing so far so i might just go for sword

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    yeah hahahaha
    i didn't actually think ahead and buy any curse removal crap before heading down here, but i made it to the guy that sells the crystal equipment while cursed! i reckon i'll get the shield or straight sword, although the knight shield has been amazing so far so i might just go for sword
    I'd personally recommend against the crystal equipment honestly. You can't repair or upgrade it*, and it costs quite a hefty amount if I remember correctly. I'd just open the shortcut back to the bonfire, and try to make your way up and out to cure your curse (or fight the boss if you're feeling especially ballsy, he's quite easy and predictable).

EDIT: *Actually I was partially wrong. The only way you can repair it is if you upgrade it... which isn't really a good idea for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 11-20-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Been invading the New Londo Ruins for a fair bit with a SL86 Dex build. It's fun to invade out there because no-one really expects it. Also looted a very rare Spoilertitanite slab from the Darkwraith Knights. After getting none from the Great Hollow lizards I'm quite content again. At the same time I'm farming Dragon Scales from the Drakes. The Dragon Torso stone is probably the only item I haven't obtained yet, not even once in all my playthroughs.

FFXIV Character

Nice find! Deliberating using my only slab to upgrade my lightning BSS to +5 but I'm sure I'll be getting more endgame use out of Enchanted Estoc +5.

Speaking of Balder Side Swords...ran through the parish with Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and ten humanity active. Not one, but TWO dropped from the three knights there. Made it through the catacombs to fire one up and was impressed with myself that I didn't even come close to death. Sniped those damn wheel skeletons with sorcery.

Blog Entries

Nice find! Deliberating using my only slab to upgrade my lightning BSS to +5 but I'm sure I'll be getting more endgame use out of Enchanted Estoc +5.

Speaking of Balder Side Swords...ran through the parish with Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and ten humanity active. Not one, but TWO dropped from the three knights there. Made it through the catacombs to fire one up and was impressed with myself that I didn't even come close to death. Sniped those damn wheel skeletons with sorcery.
    The balder swag sword is the best weapon in the game.
    I don't care what anyone says, that sword is freaking amazing.
    Nice find though~ Hope you enjoy the most beautiful of weapons~
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Oh, I do! Tempted to ditch the +1 Enchanted Estoc and grind one up to enchanted solely because the moveset is exponentially better. Since I amped my first one up to +4 Lightning I've been trading off between that and the Estoc and just feel so gimped using anything but.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't recommend two weapons that go about doing the same thing. I'd recommend a larger weapon if you have the strength, or maybe a bow for strategic purposes. A black knight sword (normal) is ALWAYS a good weapon to keep closeby in your inventory (again, if you have the stats to use it). If you can get your hands on a BKS, I'd say use that alongside your BSS.

If I may ask, what is your build. If I knew I'd be able to recommend weapons you can actually use.

My best character (the one that beat Gwyn, and the dynamic duo, Ornstein and Smough, without a shield on ng+) used a balder swag sword and murakumo. This combination gave me a pretty well-rounded melee game, and it worked beautifully in pvp as well.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

int/dex build, SL50. i use my sorceries and pyromancies in boss fights and i'm not having much difficulty with any of the trash mobs around the map. think i'm only at 12 STR...wanting to dump some more points in that after i hit the 36 int requirement for soul spear. my longbow's at +10 but doesn't really hit too hard. should i consider ascending that down a certain path or just eventually amp it up to +14?
    Last edited by Jowy; 11-21-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: i can't spell