Page 31 of 106 FirstFirst ... 112125262728293031323334353637415181 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Four Kings hurts a lot. Dark Hand seems to work better than my crest shield in terms of damage mitigation. Should I just slap on heavy armor/Iron Flesh and tank these mothersmurfers while I just wail on them with a fire weapon/Great Combustion or what? I need to get better at rolling from that grab too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Four Kings hurts a lot. Dark Hand seems to work better than my crest shield in terms of damage mitigation. Should I just slap on heavy armor/Iron Flesh and tank these mothersmurfers while I just wail on them with a fire weapon/Great Combustion or what? I need to get better at rolling from that grab too.
    If you have it, use Power Within instead of Iron Flesh. Offense is everything in that fight! Handy tip: once you kill one of them, you can keep hitting the disappearing King to continue depleting the healthbar they share. Free damage! : )

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I reckon so, yeah. And don't forget to keep wailing on them once they enter their death animation. Worst case scenario is the last one will have less health, but the best case is that you can complete the fight after only killing three.

FFXIV Character

That's pretty bitchin'. What heavy armour is recommended? I can at least squeeze midroll out with Paladin set minus the helmet + Havel's Ring.

Blog Entries

Heavy armor? The point of rolling is to not get hit, so you should not need armor. I took on Gwyndolin naked because mobility is so important. The Four Kings are sort of similar in that you need to race to get to a King and murder him before backup shows and you need to dodge his attacks as you close in, but maybe some upgraded chainmail or something would be nice to soak up some occasional damage.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I personally don't recommend the old Iron Flesh technique. It doesn't allow you to learn the fight properly, and once you reach NG+, iron flesh won't help you one bit so you'll have to learn the boss far later than necessary.
    As Madonna said some semi-upgraded chainmail would work fine. Blocking will only serve to make the fight more difficult, so learn how to dodge the attacks the boss throws at you. At that point it's all a damage race. Power within as previously stated works quite well once you can reliably dodge the boss. Wear a grass crest shield on your back, and just wail on the boss with your biggest baddest weapon. The hardest part of the boss for me is the screwed up depth perception.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

MORE IMPORTANTLY, GENTLEMEN:

DARK SOULS 2 CONFIRMED OH MY GOOOOOOOD!

Blog Entries

WAT?!?!??@!?#!@$?321yv5b0973 8yv59nf4y5hui5hnygtf31vb2
    LINK NAO
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Crazy!

Apparently there's a new glitchless speedrun record: under 1 hour. Insane! Video is on YouTube but I don't want to be the guy who spoils even the slightest bit of this masterpiece.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Crazy!

Apparently there's a new glitchless speedrun record: under 1 hour. Insane! Video is on YouTube but I don't want to be the guy who spoils even the slightest bit of this masterpiece.
    Someones been watching some ENB.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Crazy!

YouTube actually recommended the speedrun video before I watched ENB's runner video's... but yeah I saw those too ;p

I didn't watch the whole hour-long new world record video as his/her tactic is mostly the same as last run (which clocked in at 1:10-ish): get the BKH + Red Tearstone ring, and race through all of Lordran destroying everything like a madman... while naked. It's insane skill though, even if it has some luck involved too. I have no idea where the player managed to shave off another 10 minutes.

Blog Entries

Crazy!

YouTube actually recommended the speedrun video before I watched ENB's runner video's... but yeah I saw those too ;p

I didn't watch the whole hour-long new world record video as his/her tactic is mostly the same as last run (which clocked in at 1:10-ish): get the BKH + Red Tearstone ring, and race through all of Lordran destroying everything like a madman... while naked. It's insane skill though, even if it has some luck involved too. I have no idea where the player managed to shave off another 10 minutes.
    I'll be getting the 360 back very soon, and I intend to incorporate SOME of the strategies used in that run into future play-throughs.
    I'm definitely making a new character when I get the 360 back... but Idk what weapon it is I want to use.

EDIT: Debating on using dual shields, pure range (bows, crossbows), maybe the dragon fist for the lols. I know I'll think of something badass.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Use two of those spiky wheel shields. No other weapons.

Crazy!

I'll be getting the 360 back very soon, and I intend to incorporate SOME of the strategies used in that run into future play-throughs.
    I'm definitely making a new character when I get the 360 back... but Idk what weapon it is I want to use.

EDIT: Debating on using dual shields, pure range (bows, crossbows), maybe the dragon fist for the lols. I know I'll think of something badass.
    Awesome. Are you getting the DLC too?

Last week I had fun invading with a strength build + Pickaxe + Leo Ring + Golem Axe as a secondary/ranged weapon. No-one ever uses the Pickaxe, but it's actually pretty decent. It staggers like a truck. The Golem Axe wind blast is great fun when fighting around cliffs and ledges.

I deeply respect this guy's build and his PvP, bows & crossbows only:
    [Dark Souls] PvP Build - Cross-Bows Master - YouTube
    Last edited by Pete for President; 12-11-2012 at 03:56 PM.