Page 40 of 106 FirstFirst ... 203034353637383940414243444546506090 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

The Blighttown waterwheel is still the enemy I fear most.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't mind that the game is tough, actually the best parts were by far when I figured out how to defeat tough enemies It's just not really grabbed me. I'll give it another try at some point though!

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    Warrrrghh! I want to make interesting builds! D:
    Your day shall come my friend!

I started gravelording in the Burg today and already have come across somewhat of a problem; level 1 Darkwraiths. It is fun to get invaded at the rate it sometimes happens though. Like, 2-3 people joining in just 20 seconds.
    Note: gravelording doesnt work too well in ng. People can jnvade but im fairly sure that you cant summon phantoms in their world
    Its for balance i assume.

Also, those big mushrooms are my brosin the forest
    Theyve killed sooo many invaders
    Only bro whos killed more is the ladder and river
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    Warrrrghh! I want to make interesting builds! D:
    Your day shall come my friend!

I started gravelording in the Burg today and already have come across somewhat of a problem; level 1 Darkwraiths. It is fun to get invaded at the rate it sometimes happens though. Like, 2-3 people joining in just 20 seconds.
    Note: gravelording doesnt work too well in ng. People can jnvade but im fairly sure that you cant summon phantoms in their world
    Its for balance i assume.
    So I've read, but the contrary seems true. The other day I received a message by a player who asked whether I was having any success as an early Gravelord. He invaded me a couple minutes before, but left. He said there were indeed red phantoms in his world, and told me they were indeed a lot stronger than normal ones. I was gravelording the Parish at the time, soul level 12. So I believe it does work. Have you tried it yourself on NG?

Blog Entries

Ha, cant say i have... But now ima give it a shot myself this weekend.
    I was just going off warnings given to me xD
    I love gravelording soooo

FFXIV Character

Killed Pinwheel, got a fire weapon, and gonna soldier through enough of the Tomb of the Giants before I've killed the Iron Golem. So awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Killed Pinwheel, got a fire weapon, and gonna soldier through enough of the Tomb of the Giants before I've killed the Iron Golem. So awesome.
    I once tried that... it did not end well. The way down is a lot easier than going back up! Let me know if you succeed in this brave excursion.

FFXIV Character

It isn't going very well; Got ganked by the hollows due to a poor sense of direction. I'll get it tonight.

After a long break I continued my "no talking/psychopath" challenge character. Last time I had beaten Sif, this session I beat the Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith, the Catacombs and made it to the second bonfire in Tomb of the Giants where I killed Patches. I didn't know the giant skeletons dropped Murakumo's. Nito will fall next, then I think the Four Kings, and Seath last.

As for weapons I use the Black Knight Greatsword and Eagle Shield, both obviously not upgraded to to the no talking rule.

I'm thinking of making this forest hunter build: https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b...9kZW4sMSwwLDA=

The gold tracer is great for killing an enemy quickly in 1 combo and has an insane bleedrate. I chose the hand axe as a secundary because of it's higher backstab/riposte multiplier and to be able to kick. It's stunlock abilities seem limited, but I read it's R2 attacks are the same as other axe's R1's. So in theory, the R2's should stagger pretty good. I shall test this. Oh, and the Hornet boosted riposte animation for axes look totally brutal.

As for rings, I'll probably switch between Hornet, Wolf and Ring of Fog.

It'll be my first physical damage only PvP character. If needed, Power Within provides a buff to compensate for relatively low damage per hit.

FFXIV Character

All of our desks could be a little more grossly incandescent!

That's a pretty cool statue!

I'm still loving the hell out of this game. Whenever I take a break to play another game I just come back twice as dedicated, start over, experiment with new weapons and challenges. How can a game be this good?

I'm a little saddened that the feeling of solitude and desolation that basically marked my first two playthroughs is now pretty much all gone, because there's not much left to explore and I know exactly what's coming and when. This review describes that 'lost feeling' pretty well (despite being IGN): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmLaLqYauTA

On the other hand, I still find myself surprised at some bosses. The Capra Demon still kicks my ass if I go in without poise, and the Iron Golem has slowly but surely become my favourite boss. Mainly because of the epic view of him when you look through the windows, and it's just incredible when you succeed in making him fall of the edge. There's a factor of unpredictability in this game that makes it just fantastic.

Here's hoping Dark Souls 2 will bring us even more death!

Edit: I'M USING THE WARPICK AND IT'S EPIC.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 01-28-2013 at 09:47 PM.

FFXIV Character

Warpick backstab is awesome. The Iron Golem fight is a blast, I agree. You have that nice little calm before the storm effect from the bonfire run to the fog gate, knowing full on well something nasty's lurking behind it. Lo and behold, you're greeted with an air blast right to the face. Picked up my other character recently and hit a brick wall. Or a golden fog gate, to be specific! I've already given up thirty humanity to the Fair Lady to open the shortcut, but I neglected to place the Lordvessel as I'm attempting to be a Darkwraith this playthrough. If I talk to Kaathe and place the Lordvessel, do I automatically join the Darkwraiths, or can I place the vessel, open the shortcut, and run right back to join the covenant?

edit: i gave up on trying tomb of the giants early. :aimcry:
    Last edited by Jowy; 01-29-2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: i lack a spine

Blog Entries
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I might be buying a 360 on the cheap here in China! It's not worth getting a new one, because they're still, like, £250, but I could grab a cracked one off a mate for cheap! While I wouldn't be able to do online stuff, I could at least be playing Dark Souls again!