Page 47 of 106 FirstFirst ... 273741424344454647484950515253576797 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Don't lock on to bosses unless you're gonna hit it with a ranged attack. Are you using a plunging attack when you jump down? Try two handing your weapon for extra damage after the fall; You're not gonna be able to block that big ol' hammer with a tiny shield anyway! Since you have a busted weapon and can't repair, I'd suggest just starting over. What class and gift did you pick, by the way?
    >>> Ok, problem solved but I had to restart all over an create a new game for that.
    Yeah, I was using that plunging attack when you jump down, but the real problem was the broken sword (the damage is too low)..
    Unable to repair it and unable to level up in the very beginning of the game.. what a welcome to the new unexperienced players!

I use the guy with the hood, I think is wanderer or something.. I picked the necklace at first but now I picked the master key, I heard that one is more useful.

I will keep playing the game from time to time but Im not crazy about it, you have to invest too much time on it..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Don't lock on to bosses unless you're gonna hit it with a ranged attack. Are you using a plunging attack when you jump down? Try two handing your weapon for extra damage after the fall; You're not gonna be able to block that big ol' hammer with a tiny shield anyway! Since you have a busted weapon and can't repair, I'd suggest just starting over. What class and gift did you pick, by the way?
    >>> Ok, problem solved but I had to restart all over an create a new game for that.
    Yeah, I was using that plunging attack when you jump down, but the real problem was the broken sword (the damage is too low)..
    Unable to repair it and unable to level up in the very beginning of the game.. what a welcome to the new unexperienced players!

I use the guy with the hood, I think is wanderer or something.. I picked the necklace at first but now I picked the master key, I heard that one is more useful.

I will keep playing the game from time to time but Im not crazy about it, you have to invest too much time on it..
    Hah, it sure is a bit of a rough ride at first about the time investment, that is kind of true, but with a bit of skill you can clear most areas in under 15 minutes. It's all knowledge and skill my friend! One more tip: don't be afraid to do a suicide run in newly discovered areas. Dash through, remember what the game throws at you, and you'll know what to expect when you go in for a real excursion. It might get you some treasure too.

Also remember you don't have to fight every enemy. The point is to get from A to B(oss). No other enemy is your primary objective.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hm. You should've had the opportunity to pick up your proper weapon, black orb. That's weird. Glad you made it, though, and good choice on the master key!

It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-DIE.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yeah im sure you pick up the weapon for your class somewhere in the asylum before facing the demon... you found the shield, right?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah to get up to the boss you pass by two glowing orbs... one of which is a shield, and the other is a real weapon.
    The plunging attack with that should do about half the bosses hp.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Picking it up is one thing, but be sure to equip it too

Blog Entries

Okay, I forgot to kill all the titanite demons for demon titanite for my great lord sword before going to NG+...
    SO I GOT TO DO THE FARMING IN NG+
    Do you guys even understand how annoying these douches are in NG+? They take FOREVER to kill. They have about 4500 hp, and you do like 200 damage. NOT ENJOYABLE.
    but ANYWAY, my GLGS is now at +5, and it rivals my murakumo in AR... wow. I love this sword~
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

my lil bro showed me how to go back to asylum, and i cleared all the extra stuff there. didn't know the doll would be that easy to get but im not heading to the painting just yet (thought i have been there before). shame you have to reload to interact with snuggly, really.

jowy, yeah i am slowly figuring out my way through londo ruins. i have a ghost weapon now, but i prefer using transient curses. unfortunately, i had 3 ghost blades drop and no curses recently! i have the item drop ring equipped too, but i only have one transient curse left, so i think i may need to do some suicide runs to get those 'handy' items to drop

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So, I've moved into a SWEET apartment but, alas, the TV is possibly the lowest definition TV in existence, making gaming damn near impossible. Will have to fix this.

I'm about to enter the Crystal Caves, which are damned pretty.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Crystal Cave is aggravating if you try and kill the butterflies.

The undead female merchant in the culvert has transient curses for sale if you run out.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    Hm. You should've had the opportunity to pick up your proper weapon, black orb. That's weird. Glad you made it, though, and good choice on the master key!

>>> I picked up the proper weapon for my class, but I over used it and it broke (is really that weird?)..

Looks like my next target is a nasty Minotaur I found, it killed me in like 2 seconds..lol.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post

>>> I picked up the proper weapon for my class, but I over used it and it broke (is really that weird?)..

Looks like my next target is a nasty Minotaur I found, it killed me in like 2 seconds..lol.
    Yeah, that's really quite strange. I've never had a weapon break so early on in the game before :o
    For the minotaur heres a tip: Find higher ground and make a leap of faith.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Indeed. I don't think there are even enough enemies in the Asylum for you to break your weapon on, although that does explain the 5000 souls. xD

If you picked up some Gold Pine Resin, it may help with the boss.

Articles
    Blog Entries

four kings are now zero kings hahaha
    thankfully i had havel's set, cause i dunno how i would've handled that otherwise.
    i'll either go down further into the lava place (i've stopped the discharge), or head to the observatory looking place in anor londo. i haven't even been in the catacombs yet. so much to do, so little waking time to do it in.

edit: tonight turned weird. i found a british smithy in the londo ruins and found a giant acid dragon, picked up the shield/sword before he killed me and i decided to leave him alone (he looks so broken already)

i headed into the catacombs, and the rebuilding skelly's were really annoying before i realized why they were re-deploying. made a covenant with nito and i intend to break it as soon as i have enough humanity to do the chaos servant covenant really quick. i dunno why but i don't like being a part of anything for a long time. i just don't trust any of these groups haha. anyway, heading deeper into the catacombs now. a lamp dropped from one of the necro's

edit 2: also i remember where i died and decided to turn off the console. it was when i was being attacked by the wheel skellys. they're not hard to kill but pretty annoying and there's a lot of them.
    Last edited by krissy; 02-19-2013 at 05:15 AM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

you could stick with it for the spells and weapon if you wanna grind out basilisk eyes! the lamp will help you shortly.