Page 64 of 106 FirstFirst ... 144454585960616263646566676869707484 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andio View Post
    Any Dark Souls 2 Thread yet?
    Yes there is one. Let me link it for you.
    http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gam...souls-2-a.html

There we go.

Still loving devil may cry 3. This game has such a high skill ceiling and depth of combat I just can't get bored of it.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

Was busy for a few days, but I've been able to play some more still.

So, I found out that in order to join the Darkwraiths, I have to give the Lord Vessel to a different serpent than Frampth. And since Bernkastel claims that:

"Belonging to any covenant that's neither
    neutral evil nor chaotic evil, makes you
    a puny little goody two shoes pansy."

...I looked up where to find this other serpent. And so, I returned to the ghost-ruins, brought some of those anti-ghost items and made it through to the lever that removed the water without too much trouble. The "darkwraith guys" I encountered seemed dangerous at first, but got predictable neough after a while that I could handle them without any problems. And so, I faced off against the four kings, and managed to outpower them on my second try by using the black knight sword and two handing it, avoiding the most dangerous attacks and healing whenever I took a little bit too much damage. Not a very difficult battle at the end of the day.

After joining the darkwraiths, I went back to Anor Londo and then the archives of wisdom + crystal cave. After reaching the second bonfire, I tried to invade as a proper darkwraith for the first time - and found a person who seemed to be of similar level. Before our battle started, he began to summon a phantom however. So I rushed in there, in an attempt to take him down before the summoning would complete. We fought very evenly, and both had very low health when the summoned phantom arrived and unleashed one of those firestorm spells, which got me. So, I am defeated, and immediately when this happens, the guy I fought makes one of the gestures to celebrate his victory, and gets hit by an arrow in the back - which is just enough to finish him off - from one of the skeletons with bow in the area which he hadn't killed. It was hilarious, and the timing was perfect. I saw it as a small victory.

Afterwards, I went into the crystal cave and fell hopelessly to my death a few times before I had the invisible paths figured out. Then, I fought Seath the scaleless and... I gotta say that he probably is one of the easiest bosses in this game, which was a bit of a disappointment. It was just way too easy to avoid all of his attacks. =O

I invaded inside the crystal cave 3 times after that, and managed to win twice. Yay! Though I almost felt bad for it once, since this guy I invaded had made it almost completely to the end of the cave, just before entering the boss room.

Anyhow, deciding to save more invasions and such for later, I went to the demon ruins after talking to this awesome pyromancer-girl selling awesome pyromancy spells. I beat the big fire-demon thingy, whose name I can't quite remember so that the lava disappered. Then, I headed further down, fighting crazy demon people and giant centipedes until another Asylum Demon copy (this one on fire) appeared. I beat that one pretty easily too and then ran into a REALLY big centipede-thingy. This boss proved a little bit more difficult, but I managed to cut its tail off, getting a handy anti-lava ring, and beat it shortly after.

And so, I went even further, walking through massive lakes of lava - seem like it'd be impossible without the anti-lava ring - until I found a bonfire.

Then, I eventually ran into the Bed of Chaos, which killed me a fair amount of times before I finally could take it down. Most of the deaths came from being sent flying into the cracks and falling to my death.

So, I returned to this pyromancer chick and now I got the Fire Tempest pyromancy. Yarrr!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Took down the hydra. He's not that hard once you get close and cut a couple of heads off, because it can't even hit you then on the other hand, it doesn't help that part of the last head is hiding inside a mountain:

This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Haha yeah the Hydra is quite good at hide and seek. Or at least one of his heads. Some others are so quick they become really hard hit even without clipping through a wall. It's wise to always have a bow and a few arrows with you for these kind of situations

Edit; And Ultima, not to be rude but do I smell the use of a guide?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Haha yeah the Hydra is quite good at hide and seek. Or at least one of his heads. Some others are so quick they become really hard hit even without clipping through a wall. It's wise to always have a bow and a few arrows with you for these kind of situations

I shamefully admit that my first playthrough was heavily influenced by the use of guides. Hell, I only bought the game due to a walkthrough I was watching at the time.
    STRIKE ME DOWN NOW AS YOU SEE FIT! :x_x:
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Not as much guide/walkthrough, as simply looking up a few missable things on a wiki. But yeah. I really don't want to miss any important missable things in a game where I can't reload a previous savefile (I simply cannot bear to miss out completely on a cool spell or weapon or whatever), so I checked how to become part of each covenant a little while ago. I only use guides for things like that though, so no spoilers or step-by-step guides that would ruin my own exploration of the game.

...and I will admit that I looked up how to get that fire-storm spell (from the pyromancer/bed of chaos) right after that phantom beat me with it during my invasion. I had one of those "oh mah gawsh, I must have that!" moments. And I'll also admit that I'd probably never have found that pyromancer otherwise.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 04-15-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Blog Entries

funfact: those big bulges on top of their heads aren’t the basilisks’ eyes: (SPOILER)

look carefully at the “nose”
    This is news to me as I never closely looked at these guys.
    So cool!
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yeah! i learned about that when i was trying to figure out why i was cursed suddenly!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Beat the Gaping Dragon on my first attempt a couple of days ago. It was a surprisingly smooth fight.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

did you cut off the tail?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I tried attacking it repeatedly but I must have been a bit off or something since it never fell off. Too late now I guess. And is it just me or does the game have a bit of a tail cutting fetish?

Blog Entries

It does. We've tried to get it help... But alas its stuck in its ways

"Ohhhhh yeah cut off that tail~"

Creepy game.
    And there are only a few bosses with tails that cant be cut off.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure the only ones who can't have their tails removed are the ones without tails to begin with.

That is quite the hefty fetish, From Soft. :/

Blog Entries

The only exception i can think of right now is manus. He has a tail that cant be cut

The asylum demon and taurus demon also count
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aye, them's a few. You can't cut the Undead Dragon's off either, can you?