Page 65 of 106 FirstFirst ... 154555596061626364656667686970717585 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Any guesses on what they do with the tails?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dont think i really want to know.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Use them as weapons, duh.

Then make out with them.

Blog Entries

The dragon king greataxe does seem like a great kisser...
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I finally beat the game.

First of all, I did explore the super annoying catacombs a while ago, but I think I forgot to mention it. I beat the boss there but never went far in the Tomb of Giants since I lacked any reliable light sources. I also went into the sewers and took care of the Gaping Dragon - but also failed to cut its tail off. Ack, another missable thing missed! =(

Now, after clearing pretty much all the other areas, I went back to the Tomb of Giants after getting "cast light". And damn, this area can be pretty nasty even with a light source. But after falling to my death twice for not slowing down enough, I found a bonfire inside the tomb. Nice.

Being kicked down a cliff by some nasty guy, getting back up and smashing him to bits, I proceeded even further and collected a pretty large amount of souls along the way. And then, I finally found Nito. At this point, I had like... 50,000 unused souls or so. And I soon ended up surrounded by skeletons and dead.

But I made it back there again, reaching a whooping 80,000 souls after recovering my body. Then, my plan was to warp out with a homeward bone so I could use these souls to level up...

"But the item was interupted by one
    of Nito's attacks, and he once again
    ended up surrounded and killed before
    he could escape. Then, on his way
    back, he accidently fell off a cliff,
    losing those 80,000 souls permanently."

I sat there for a while, then decided to just take a deep breath, and... throw the controller out the window. I mean... "try again". *ahem*

The next time I made it to Nito, I did manage to beat him though, and so I returned to the altar of the lordvessel and opened the door to Gwyn's place. One of the black knights I fought dropped a Black Knight Greatsword, which - while perhaps being a little bit slower, was still even more awesome than my normal Black Knight Sword. Especially considering my character got like 38 strength. So I went back and upgraded it to +5, and then returned once more to fight Gwyn this time.

The final battle felt a bit weird. I both like it and silike it at the same time. The only thing that really made it feel like a final battle was the music to be honest. No cinematic, like many of the normal bosses had. And once I, after some attempts, beat Gwyn, the end of the battle didn't really feel special either. It like a more "empty battle" than a final boss battle "should", yet at the same time that very thing also fit the atmosphere of the game as a whole really well, and made it stand out from final bosses in other games. Still, part of me wish there had been just... "something more" to the ending.

"You are just too used to all these
    spoon-feeding 30 min endings made
    for crybabies. An ending like that
    would just have completely ruined
    the atmosphere of a game like this."

...but still! Just... something more!

Anyhow, rather than starting NG+, I've been thinking about making a new character that I put a bit more thought into, instead of just spreading my stats out like a jack of all trades when I level up. Just need to think of a good, cool, funny build...

"Go for a resistance-focused deprived.
    It's... totally the best build, bare none"

"Actually, me and Rydia already started a new game!"
    "Yes, and we just got the basement key in the Undead Burg!"

"Basement key, basement key,
    is everything a key can be!"

"Unlocks a door, not much more,
    cuz that is just what keys are for!"

"Watch out - we got a basement key!"

"Hey, Rydia? Let's colour this sad world
    with magical prism stones of love!"

"Oh, I'd love to!"

"Excuse me. I... have to puke."

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't been playing recently. New Vegas, then Bioshock, now Tomb Raider have gotten in the way. I would like to do a Strength build somewhere down the line, though. Never used Strength weapons before.

Blog Entries

My original characters fight with gwyn was easily the most epic thing ive ever experienced in all my time in dark souls. Murakumo with fire resign, and no shield (looking back, idk why i didnt use one. i thought i looked too cool without one i think) It took like 10 tries but it was SO COOL when i did it. Had like 2 hp left when he fell.

Once you get confident, try a no shield run
    Or maybe a SL 1 build.

Since you seem to have gone with strength this run... Maybe try some of the dex weapons out?
    Perhaps some of the halberds? Curved greatswords?

MAYBE THE DRAGON BONE FIST?
    Maybe a badass pickaxe build that makes use of the leo ring (this build rapes EVERYTHING if used well)

Hmmmmm...

EDIT: quinter, once you go strength, you seriously cant go back. Black knight greatsword is one of my favorites.

Blog Entries

Yeah, while I put random points in both faith and intelligence, it was mainly a strength-focused build. And the Black Knight Greatsword is indeed very easy to fall in love with.

I think I'll try to skip the use of sheild as much as possible on my second run actually. And some kind of dex-build sound pretty attractive. Or perhaps a mage.

Also, out of curiosity: which platforms are people here playing on? I do it on PS3.

Blog Entries

Xbox, though i plan to get a ps3 this summer.
    And no shield dex runs are so fun. Its a very fun way to play.
    Still cant figure out how to beat kalameet without a shield...
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My current run is Dex/Int, so I think my next will be Str/Faith. I would like to play with Lightning Spears, I think.

Blog Entries

Go 50 strength 30 faith
    You get all the fun toys if you go that route ^^

Also, i sense a lot of jolly co-operation in your future~
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

After having played several strength builds I can't say 50 is worth it. 46 max, if you want to use the Demon's Greataxe but 40 is plenty so you can use the Demon Great Machete and still make most of the best strength scaling weapons. Lighter ones like the large/great club and normal greataxe are perfect without weighing way too much, and even the pickaxe/mace/reinforced club can be devastating. I also wouldn't recommend the Black Knight weapons if you're going for a maximum efficiency build. Put those 10 shaved off by strength + 8-10 shaved off by dex into Int or Fai and buff that great club into one gloriously glowing stick made for extreme pounding. Heh.

One tip Ultima; I wouldn't recommend leveling resistance, no-one ever levels it due to... not being useful. But feel free to prove everyone wrong

Been playing quite some bit on a friends' PS3 I borrowed. Finished my no-talking challenge which wasn't too hard. Started a fist weapons only challenge. The guy is ready to take on the Gargoyles. Should be fun. And obviously the ganker hunting never stops.

Blog Entries

If efficiency was the only thing everyone cared about we'd all be using vit gouged chaos rapier hornet ring builds. It isnt everything
    48 strength allows you to use the forest guardian axe, which is one of the funnest weapons in the game, 50 allows you to use the dragon king greataxe and dragon greatsword; BOTH of which are badass by the way, and kick Ass too.

And the black knight weapons are obscenely fun to use, and every strength build i have has a minimum of 18 dex for them.
    Strength builds are mainly because they're AWESOMELY BADASS, why limit their badassery and fun factor?

And ultima was kidding about the resistance deprived.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Go 50 strength 30 faith
    You get all the fun toys if you go that route ^^
    This man is exactly right. Take out Gwyndolin for Sunlight Blade too...that and a +15 Zwei is essentially playing whack-a-mole with everything in front of you.

Fist weapons only seems like a blast. You gonna use the Dragon Bone Fist at all or just dual caestus?

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    If efficiency was the only thing everyone cared about we'd all be using vit gouged chaos rapier hornet ring builds. It isnt everything
    48 strength allows you to use the forest guardian axe, which is one of the funnest weapons in the game, 50 allows you to use the dragon king greataxe and dragon greatsword; BOTH of which are badass by the way, and kick Ass too.

And the black knight weapons are obscenely fun to use, and every strength build i have has a minimum of 18 dex for them.
    Strength builds are mainly because they're AWESOMELY BADASS, why limit their badassery and fun factor?

And ultima was kidding about the resistance deprived.
    You can get the fun of those 48-50 strength weapons - 2hand them. It's where their special powers lie anyway. As for all the fun, pump those points saved in both faith and int and you get an even more diverse build. And you never know with relatively new players, anyone who doesn't read into it levels a bit of resistance on their first playthrough. Prevention is everything my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Fist weapons only seems like a blast. You gonna use the Dragon Bone Fist at all or just dual caestus?
    I'm not sure yet. I reckon the Dragon Bone Fist won't be that useful without the Dragon Scales to power it up... and I'd hate to farm the Drakes with fist weapons only! So for now I'll stick to dual Cestus. Dark Hand is prohibited too - no shields allowed! Resins are allowed I guess. I mean, fists on fire. Wreck stuff!

Can't wait to punch the Iron Golem to death