Thread: Dark Souls

NG+5 Four Kings do not kid around.

Oh man got so close to beating O&S NG+6 solo. But I got greedy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had to take a few days break due to having 24 hours of teaching in a 48 hour period.

This week is also going to be very busy for me despite the fact that my weekday classes are cancelled, but I'll try to get on and progress. I'm currently at Duke's.

I'm afraid there will be no jolly co-operation brother Quin, my PS3 has abandoned me and will be on it's way for warranty tomorrow

On a final note I must conclude that the Silver Knight Straight Sword is a glorious weapon that outclasses everything normally obtainable by the time you get to Anor Londo. It has reach, a powerful moveset, good damage and swing speed, Twinkling Titanite upgrades saves you a slab and allows you to get it to full power before taking on O&S, and on the contrary of what I used to believe it is buffable. The only downsides are the weak backstab/riposte multiplier and with 6 lbs it's rather heavy.

Man this sword was a new favourite before my PS3 said no-no. Did I mention it looks total boss too?

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was just farming for this sword whilst playing with O&S! It's a beastly little thing!

Except not little.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So, I just accidentally killed Seath before I could cut off his tail. I was hacking away, thinking "I swear he was much harder last time I played" and "Surely it should have come off by now!" when he died. As I looked at him writhing in agony, I realised that I had been hacking away at the wrong tail and had chanced upon the area of this particular boss that makes you functionally invulnerable to his normal attacks.

Whoops. xD

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aaaand after last night's blunder I gifted myself another cock up today. After Seath, I decided that the Bed of Chaos was next on my list, so I popped down to visit the Fair Lady and open up the Demon's Ruins - Lost Izalith shortcut. I knelt in front of her and joined her covenant, then nature called so I put the controller down.

The controller fell like the Sword of Damocles upon the head of the poor Fair Lady. Due to the way those troutey triggers are designed, my strong attack was thrown and she was cast down. No shortcut. No saving Solaire. No Sunbro battle for Gwyn. And no Chaos Fire Storm.

After this fiasco, I pretty much just said "smurf it" and went on a slaughtering spree. Anor Londo is dark, and every hint of life within extinguished, save for the Giant Blacksmith.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not my fault I needed to pee!

Just got done with a nice session in the Burg. Met a lot of arseholes, met a lot of people who all looked to be wearing exactly the same stuff and using exactly the same weapons, and also met a fair few unique and excellent folks. Highlights include a fully Dragon'd Dragonbro wielding a Greatbow and a fellow lightly armoured Great Scythe user. He wasn't quite as familiar with it as I am, however.

I absolutely love using Power Within in PvP, and it works very well with the Chaos Blade to create a really tense and desperate fight. Some players notice I've used it and just try kiting around and avoiding my blows, which is no fun but a perfectly clever tactic. Bloody great fun, though. If I was just using the Chaos Blade, I might try for backstabs and ripostes to prevent the health drain, but Power Within ensures that I don't have time for tactical play and have to go all out. It's surprising how effective dashing towards players and just being relentless is; I don't think many people expect it. xD

My favourite thing about Power Within, however, is only found in very close duels. If my health is taken to about a tenth when I defeat my opponent, the delay in teleporting back to my world typically causes PW to suck out my remaining life. Must be hilarious for the host to watch. xD

I have lost all sympathy for people who use Estus in the middle of a fight and don't allow their opponent to heal also, and when I see it I go all-out and gank the crap out of the host. And if a host does it in a 1v1, then they typically find that wearing Havel's Armor, the Hollow Soldier Waistcloth and MoM is not enough to prevent stunlocking at the hands of the Great Scythe's 2HR1 spam. Nothing quite as satisfying as that feeling.

Strangest event of the night was a red phantom taking a tumble off the Burg and depositing a nice 400K souls into my - a fellow red phantom - pocket. I couldn't believe my luck!

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You bastards need to play more Dark Souls. I was looking forward to reading about Trollhunter's challenge run.

With my Dex/Int, I have reached Oolacile. I ultimately decided to defeat the Four Kings before arriving. I haven't journeyed in at all, however, because...

I started a Str/Faith build. Currently at Sen's. Will be running 35ish Vitality, 28 Strength, 40 Endurance and, eventually 50 Faith for Sunlight Spear. The Spears are absolutely wonderful and I love them. Useless in PvP, but great in PvE.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You bastards need to play more Dark Souls. I was looking forward to reading about Trollhunter's challenge run.

With my Dex/Int, I have reached Oolacile. I ultimately decided to defeat the Four Kings before arriving. I haven't journeyed in at all, however, because...

I started a Str/Faith build. Currently at Sen's. Will be running 35ish Vitality, 28 Strength, 40 Endurance and, eventually 50 Faith for Sunlight Spear. The Spears are absolutely wonderful and I love them. Useless in PvP, but great in PvE.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I definitely did not mistake this for the Dark Souls 2 thread shut up.

Don't worry Quin, this thread needs some love too! I can't wait to get back and finish NG+6 as well as a new build revolving around the Silver Knight Straight Sword. DARK SOULS

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still haven't even completed NG yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Still haven't even completed NG yet.
    Oh my goodness Quin, what have you been doing?