Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 164656606162636465666768697071727686 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    If efficiency was the only thing everyone cared about we'd all be using vit gouged chaos rapier hornet ring builds. It isnt everything
    48 strength allows you to use the forest guardian axe, which is one of the funnest weapons in the game, 50 allows you to use the dragon king greataxe and dragon greatsword; BOTH of which are badass by the way, and kick Ass too.

And the black knight weapons are obscenely fun to use, and every strength build i have has a minimum of 18 dex for them.
    Strength builds are mainly because they're AWESOMELY BADASS, why limit their badassery and fun factor?

And ultima was kidding about the resistance deprived.
    You can get the fun of those 48-50 strength weapons - 2hand them. It's where their special powers lie anyway. As for all the fun, pump those points saved in both faith and int and you get an even more diverse build. And you never know with relatively new players, anyone who doesn't read into it levels a bit of resistance on their first playthrough. Prevention is everything my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Fist weapons only seems like a blast. You gonna use the Dragon Bone Fist at all or just dual caestus?
    I'm not sure yet. I reckon the Dragon Bone Fist won't be that useful without the Dragon Scales to power it up... and I'd hate to farm the Drakes with fist weapons only! So for now I'll stick to dual Cestus. Dark Hand is prohibited too - no shields allowed! Resins are allowed I guess. I mean, fists on fire. Wreck stuff!

Can't wait to punch the Iron Golem to death
    That drastically limits their movesets though. The forest guardian axe actually has a decently useful custom 1-h R2 as well, and being able to block AND swing your weapon is always extremely useful. In all reality the only point in putting past 30 faith is if you want a more powerful DMB, and that buff is overpowered as is so I don't see much point there. With int you make a good point, but for my personal preference I see going to either like 28str or 50. I just find missing out the super high strength weapons an invaluable loss as they're my favorites to use and being restricted to 2-h only just kills it for me.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anyone tried a Single Stat run? You pick a stat (or even better, random number generate one!), and ONLY put points into that one stat. Added fun is to make it so that every Soul you make MUST be spent on that stat.

So, you end up with Vitality juggernauts who can't hit for trout but can take obscene amounts of damage, or a Strength glass tank, dealing obscene amounts of damage but getting killed by the most delicate of a Gargoyle's farts. It sounds pretty decent.

i really wana play this game but have heard it's quite...painful to play...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    One tip Ultima; I wouldn't recommend leveling resistance, no-one ever levels it due to... not being useful. But feel free to prove everyone wrong
    Ah, don't worry - I won't actually do that. One should never take advices from Bernkastel. She's an evil, sadist troll.

"What the smurf did you just smurfing
    say about me, you hollowed trout?
    I'll have you know I graduated as the
    most decorated knight in Astora, have
    over 300 sunlight medallions, and have
    been involved in numerous secret
    summonings for the final boss battle. I
    am trained in gorilla invasions, and I'm
    the top archer in all of Lordran. You are
    nothing to me but just another phantom.
    I will wipe you the smurf out with parries
    the likes of which have never been seen
    on this plane, mark my smurfing words."

"...see, Bern, this is exactly what I was talking
    about when I told you that playing 56 hours
    straight wasn't good for your brain."

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    It's not actually painful, as long as you don't mind learning by dying and having to replay a few parts a few times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    Yep, what Ultima said. It just teaches you how to play games in a different way.
    I'd recommend at least checking it out, you may just find it to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    Anyone tried a Single Stat run? You pick a stat (or even better, random number generate one!), and ONLY put points into that one stat. Added fun is to make it so that every Soul you make MUST be spent on that stat.

So, you end up with Vitality juggernauts who can't hit for trout but can take obscene amounts of damage, or a Strength glass tank, dealing obscene amounts of damage but getting killed by the most delicate of a Gargoyle's farts. It sounds pretty decent.
    I'm actually planning on doing something similar soon. Like my... base vitalityunkindled bonfires unupgraded flasks no havels/wolf ring or summons character but less insane in terms of rules.
    I was going to do pure strength with some endurance thrown in. I think it'd be fun.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries

Made it to the second bonfire in Blighttown. It's not a very hard level, but it was a pain in the ass finding my body where I fell off because everything looks the same and I can't see a smurfing thing
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

This dual Caestus only character is the most fun I've had in quite a while. All the fights are so intense, even the mini bosses. Some of the highlights: (SPOILER)beat the Gargoyles solo first try. Capra Demon was a tough challenge without range or shield, but he fell on the second attempt. He did drain all my estus and I had to resort to popping humanity. The butchers were freakishly hard. Gaping Dragon fell easily as always, and even Quelaag fell without too much trouble, it just took ages. Feels great to punch those big creatures to death

Now I'm ready for Sen's with a Caestus +9 and rocking the Wolf and Cloranthy ring. Power Within will also be a great help. I might go beat up Pinwheel first so I can kindle in Anor Londo and forge a fire caestus while I'm at it because O&S frighten me.

The best experience so far was being invaded in Upper Blighttown. That troll. He was in full dragon form using the Giant Blacksmith Hammer which indicates he's most likely on NG+, but I bravely stuck to the dual Caestus. We brawled for a bit (really exciting on those ledges) and I was brought to low HP twice. But he got predictable; spamming the dragon roar a lot lead me to dodge and land a backstab, which brought him to the very edge of the platform we fought on. Two kicks were enough to knock him off and he plunged to his death. DON'T MESS WITH DUAL CAESTUS MAN

Articles
    Blog Entries

Why the hell is my fire keeper at the Firelink shrine dead
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    Why the hell is my fire keeper at the Firelink shrine dead
    Oh.. no particular reason.
    :chuckle:
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yes

(SPOILER)Ahh... that desperation when you return from a hellish trip only to find the Firekeeper dead, ruining your sacred shrine of rest, your safe haven. Such a cunningly executed unpleasant surprise. Here's hoping they pull equal surprises in Dark Souls 2!

Articles
    Blog Entries

To be fair it wasn't really that bad of a trip, I just felt pretty annoyed I couldn't upgrade my flask. I knew that asshole was plotting to kill her, so I should've capped his ass while I could

Blog Entries

Okay, I'm so stealing this build down the road.
    So awesome.
    [Dark Souls] PvP Build Showcase - Odingandr - YouTube
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Okay, I'm so stealing this build down the road.
    So awesome.
    [Dark Souls] PvP Build Showcase - Odingandr - YouTube

Haha yeah I've seen that one.. mass destruction! Personally I'd swap one of the Greataxes for a Large Club, trade some coolness points for poison points in correlation with Poison Mist.