Page 43 of 106 FirstFirst ... 233337383940414243444546474849536393 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    I much prefer the full way through it, it's more fun for me. Not to mention I want to grab the shadow garb ^^

EDIT: 3 attempts trying to get to the first bonfire later: DAMMIT BLIGHTTOWN I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS
    That is some great progress Trollhunter! Getting to the Upper Blighttown bonfire isn't too bad when you just dash through and make the jump for the Iaito! It's getting Power Within that always slows down my progress as I usually don't pack a bow to take out the freaky wall crawl thing and have to take the long way around.

I reckon O&S won't be too bad with Solaire helping out. Or are you planning to solo them for the extra challenge?

You're going fast, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Or just throw dung pies.
    That is an awesome tactic. I really should read up on which bosses are immune to what, and what I can exploit for lulz.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nah, I tried dung pies. Not successful for me.

Magic Weaponed my +10 swag and just wailed on him two handed. Stuck to his right knee as much as possible. Only got hit once. Figuring out that the AoE attack has a short range also did wonders for my survivability.

Now I have my LingerRing and a Titanite Slab. As soon as I find the Very Large Ember, my swag will be straight to +15. I cannot wait!

I think I might grind a bit in the Valley of Drakes, then go take on Sif. Maybe get a few more levels from the Forest Hunters before taking on Sen's Fortress!

e; Oh, TrollHunter. There isn't a waterwheel on the Depths entrance. My post was unclear. I entered Blighttown from the Depths, then went exploring, at which point I found the waterwheel and was defeated.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    I much prefer the full way through it, it's more fun for me. Not to mention I want to grab the shadow garb ^^

EDIT: 3 attempts trying to get to the first bonfire later: DAMMIT BLIGHTTOWN I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS
    That is some great progress Trollhunter! Getting to the Upper Blighttown bonfire isn't too bad when you just dash through and make the jump for the Iaito! It's getting Power Within that always slows down my progress as I usually don't pack a bow to take out the freaky wall crawl thing and have to take the long way around.

I reckon O&S won't be too bad with Solaire helping out. Or are you planning to solo them for the extra challenge?

You're going fast, keep it up!

Or just throw dung pies.
    That is an awesome tactic. I really should read up on which bosses are immune to what, and what I can exploit for lulz.
    Considering where solaire is placed, he would just get distracted by the giants. It's going to take a load of attempts, so I'll just solo it, besides, I don't have that much humanity~
    Getting to the bonfire isnt bad, I just kept having stupid deaths due to miscalculations in damage. Everything 2-3 shots me, so one mistake costs dearly.

EDIT: Forgot to update here.
    UPDATE: Got through blighttown and kicked kellogs bum in 1 try. EZ PZ
    Also got through sens funhouse without any trouble whatsoever.
    Next up is Anor Londo.
    But
    I'm currently taking a break from my SLv. 1 guy, and I'm remaking my first PvP build to be more awesome.
    It's really a blast. I'm playing it like a ranger. Sword and bow, my shield is rarely used. It's great~!
    Currently doing a lot of jolly co-operation because it's been a LONG time since I've done any.

DOUBLE UPDATE:
    so, best co-op EVER happened today. Nothing this amusing has ever happened to me before, and I was an avid sunbro for hundreds of hours.

I summoned a dude for kellog, and I had my bow out and my sword sheathed. As such, he "well, what is its" me and I know he's an awesome guy from the start. He pulls out his bow, and proceeds to just shoot everything.
    When we reach kellog, we both take spots on separate parts of the room, and just pepper her to death with arrows. I think I swung my sword twice.
    Mildred took all the aggro, so neither of us took any damage the entire fight.
    Best
    Co-OP
    ever
    Last edited by TrollHunter; 02-10-2013 at 03:21 AM.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're already through Sen's?! Son of a....

I've got some catching up to do!

As I said I would, I beat up some Drakes and had a great time doing so. On my first playthrough as a sorceror, I took them out with Great Heavys, but it took ages, and I think I only had enough for one. This time, on my second playthrough, I just buffed myself up and went to town. I was doing 700 damage in four or five hits, which ain't too bad. Need to get my Endurance and Dexterity up, really. That way I'll be doing more damage per swing, plus I'd be able to take more swings. I'm considering a suicide run through the Tomb of the Giants to get the Ember, but I probably won't.

Anyway, I will most likely beat up Sif today, and do a few levels' grinding of the Forest Hunters. Pharis is in the Garden too, right? Might go get his bow, since I'm running a Dex character.

Oh yeah, I'm thinking of joining the Forest Hunters so I can get Shiva. His shield seems like it'd be pretty decent for PvE, plus it looks cool. Dunno if I'd want/need to buy anything from him, though. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 02-10-2013 at 05:57 AM.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Never hurts to grab a washing pole or two from Shiva before you do him and his bodyguard in.

I've been smacking people in New Londo with my +15 Zweihander of Cheapness enchanted with Sunlight Blade. Two hits, finish 'em with Wrath of the Gods, and get indicted.
    Last edited by Jowy; 02-10-2013 at 06:26 AM. Reason: i'll make a real PvP character next time

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A Washing Pole? How come? I heard they were a bit useless.

Blog Entries

Washing Machines always came off as quite stupid to me~
    Now, buy a Shotel or two though. Best weapon in the game... period
    By god I love the shotel.

but, in regards to sens, this is me taking tons of breaks.
    If I went full on speed, i could easily make it to snorlax and pikachu in just a few hours.

Currently doing some jolly co-operation in anor londo on the remade character I made today.
    I could seriously co-op here al night. I love it here.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are Shotels worthwhile for PvE, though? I was thinking of just getting a Fire or Lightning one, or some other type of attribute, for the occasional pesky turtle, but they don't seem to be all that common or unmanageable.

It really sucks not being able to coop. I've never faced Ornstein and Smough, but they look fantastic and I can't wait to try them. I'm hoping they're a disappointment, though, because otherwise I'll just spend my days wishing I could fight them again.

Blog Entries

Oh trust me, once you fight them, you're going to wish they never existed XD

Also, no, shotels are not worthwhile in PvE, only really in PvP. It makes it so that you don't have to rely purely on backstabs for turtles, which is nice because I personally don't like to backstab in PvP if I don't have to. Just a preference thing.

Okay, after like 3-4 hours of getting sidetracked at Co-Op, I took down O&S. I can warp now.... but where to? Hmm.... what do I want first?
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aye, that's what I thought. I'm offline only, I'm afraid, so it's PvE all the way.

Never hurts to grab a washing pole or two from Shiva before you do him and his bodyguard in.

I've been smacking people in New Londo with my +15 Zweihander of Cheapness enchanted with Sunlight Blade. Two hits, finish 'em with Wrath of the Gods, and get indicted.
    New Londo is one of my favorite places to invade! It always seems like no-one expects to be invaded since there is no bonfire. The element of surprise makes it an extra cunning scheme, harharhar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    I'm considering a suicide run through the Tomb of the Giants to get the Ember, but I probably won't.

Anyway, I will most likely beat up Sif today, and do a few levels' grinding of the Forest Hunters. Pharis is in the Garden too, right? Might go get his bow, since I'm running a Dex character.

Oh yeah, I'm thinking of joining the Forest Hunters so I can get Shiva. His shield seems like it'd be pretty decent for PvE, plus it looks cool. Dunno if I'd want/need to buy anything from him, though. Thoughts?
    I think you mean the Very Large ember from New Londo ruins, right? Unless you want the large divine ember from the Tomb of Giants. If so, I wouldn't recommend going to the Tomb of Giants before you can warp though, getting in there is pretty easy, but getting out is such a pain. You'd have to climb both the Tomb and the Catacombs all the way back up. You could try a homeward bone method though.

Pharis is indeed in the Darkroot Forest, love his bow! As for getting trinkets from Shiva; it never hurts to get a Flamberge if you're running a Dex build. It basically hits as hard as a Claymore, and adds bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    It really sucks not being able to coop.
    You and Solaire will fight Ornstein & Smough in one glorious battle!

Blog Entries

Got my murkumo. All I need now is to actually go and kill Havel... haven't really had to do that yet.
    heh.
    Getting off for the night though. It's like 3am xD
    Been some time since dark souls has kept me up this long
    Curse you Anor Londo co-op
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah. Very Large Ember is in the Ruins. My mistake. It'll be a while till I get it, then. xD

Flamberge is a good idea. Any suggestions on the upgrade path? If I Enchant it, it'll scale well with my endgame Intelligence, but there's no point having two magic weapons. Might give it Lightning.

I've defeated Sif. I am a monster. But on the plus side, I have a load of souls to spend. Reckon I'll go have a word with Shiva! Pretty sure it's just the Flamberge I'll be getting, then I'll kill him.

e; Haha, was on the way to Blighttown from Andre's bonfire when I stopped to fight to Balder Knights - as I always do! Guess what one dropped?

Happy days.

more e; Aaaand Sen's is done. I really love the design of this area, especially the top half. Great fun. I'm level 70, and I spent about four/five level up's worth of souls on upgrading weapons and new magic. Sorry Dex, but I'll raise you some other time.

Ricard's Rapier, Balder Swag, Flamberge and Iron Round Shield are all at +10. I absolutely love the shield. It looks really cool, and the deflection is very handy. I'm currently rocking Eastern Armor, Eastern Gloves, Gold-hemmed Hood and Shadow Leggings on my character. It looks awesome, and I'm going to do my best to keep the Eastern Armor on. I may need to make some changes once I get the Ring of FaP, which will replace Havel's Ring, but hopefully it'll work out alright.
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 02-10-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Blog Entries

HOLY jesus, Lv.70 and only just beating sens?
    I'm usually Lv.70 or so at the last boss or in NG+

Regardless, I totally forgot about the flamberge. I'll definitely have to use that on this character as welll~
    You could go lightning, fire, or chaos if you want. Hell, you could even go +15 and buff it.
    I'd recommend the last option personally, gives you more options to work with, and you don't have to worry abut elemental resistances. (Unless for some reason the flamberge cannot be buffed... but I doubt that)
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aye, 70. It's a buff build, so I'll be taking it into the early hundreds; thinking 120. Means I've been doing a bit of grinding. Nothing major, but the occasional bit to even out my stats.

Yeah, I was thinking of just taking it to +15. Leaving it Normal will be particularly useful for Anor Londo, since I can grab some Charcoal and Gold Pine Resin and take advantage of Ornstein and Smough's weaknesses.