Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Join Date 03-19-2001

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin Join Date 03-19-2001

When was your join date? How has EoFF changed during that time?

I just realized that I'm a few weeks away from 11 years anniversary! Aieeeeee *head desk*.

I've been trying to get banned for about 3 years now and I pretty much fail at that because I keep getting unbanned >.<

But I remember back when I started there were so many nice people. Now there's nothing but a pile of people whose name I can't recognize, and it gets more and more confusing as I get older and older T_____________________T

I miss angel and becky. I heard somebody had a post op sex change. Most of you used to be in high school when I joined and now I'm comparing earnings and life goals and talking about mortgages and the like. Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeee it's scary!

Another q: where do you see yourself after 11 years in EoFF ? Will you be as crotchety as Unne?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

02-27-2001

I'm not even kidding. Though, I think it was actually in early February, but the forums crapped out and people had to re-register.

How I have changed? I have become more mellow in terms of not taking the internet so seriously. I also appreciate this place a lot more these days. I have tried to join other online communities, but I usually end up back here, even if it is just for a bit.

In another 11 years? Man, I don't even want to think about the next two or three...

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

21-08-2004

Whoa I was still in primary school then. How has EoFF changed? I dunno, it's changed a lot. But I like it still, y'know. Still good ol' here.

At 11 years I'll probably be doing the same thing as I am. In another 11 after that I'll probably still be doing the same thing. I'm going to be like Peter Pan/Loony BoB.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

We need more drama . Any eoff sex tapes?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'll make an EoFF sex tape next time.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

07-19-2005
    I'm newer than a lot of you all. I'd bounced around at other forums before this one (including another Final Fantasy forum), and I seem to recall joining this one while I was in a Join-Lots-of-Forums stage.

I lurked around for a bit but EoFF was really big and intimidating back then and I felt like I hardly knew anyone, so I went into hiding. Then I came back for a year or so, and then finally escaped to #eoff chat, which for some reason was less intimidating to me than the forums were (I really have no idea why I thought that ).

Then World of Warcraft ate my life for a couple of years and I disappeared from many interwebs places during that timespan. Fortunately I'm past that now, and also back here! I think the forum has slowed down a bit but that's given it a cozier feel. We're no longer the big huge party it felt like when I first joined, rather we're the bros hanging out on the couch after the party. (Possibly hungover.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I'll make an EoFF sex tape next time.
    Can I be in it? I promise not to break anything. Inside or out.
    Last edited by Tigmafuzz; 02-28-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

According to my profile I joined on 28/08/2000 (which sounds right, it was late in August that year), and a lot has changed but the general place remains very similar. Which is how I like it, I suppose.

There is far less drama. There are far fewer spinoff forums / groups. People are generally a lot older.

It's rather notable that the people here have grown up together as friends. The reason this is notable is that it means people are less interested in broadcasting the problems in their lives as they can involve other EoFFers... so naturally EoEO has far fewer 'intimate' threads than there were when I first joined.

I'm not sure if there are more or less people. It seems about the same as 2000, but it's a long time back so it's very difficult to say.

The place is more open to change. Personally, this is a double edged sword, because I like to move with the times but I like for EoFF to keep it's atmosphere/feeling. I think we come up with a pretty good balance. Although I do miss the more customisable frontsite, even if it was difficult to manage.

There is far less spam, with the exception of Wonder Square.

In Wonder Square, there is far more spam.

When I first joined, I was insanely close to about four or five people. I'm not so close to any regular EoFFers now, but I am still close to members, and a much larger amount of them. I can count an incredible number of you guys as good friends.

EoFF is one of the very few things that has remained during my life since I first joined. Since then, I have left high school, moved country, hooked up with and broke up with numerous girlfriends, met Danielle and am now planning for big things in the future. It's amazing how EoFF has always been in my life on some level during all that time. It's good to have that kind of stability during such big changes!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Like, July 2005?

I like how if I wanted to I could make a thread about how Irvine looks funny using a turbo controller for his limit break and nowadays it wouldn't get derailed into a discussion about how I'm a pussy fag for using a turbo controller. People are a lot nicer now!

In 2016...I don't want to think that far!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

20-07-2004

I really didn't get active till 05. Then I was a crazy attention seeking teenager. Fast forward 7 years and I could give two licks about attention. In fact I like hiding like a hermit more than anything but I've been bored of late hence my surge in activity. I think we've all mellowed out on here. Mainly cause we were all around the same general age and we're all adults now.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

06-11-2004

I was in my last year of high school and relatively new to the interwebs. When I first joined, I made some fellow newbie friends and we spammed a bit. Then slowly I became the lurker that I am today. As a person, I have grown a lot. I came here wide-eyed and naive and now I am not so wide-eyed and a bit jaded, but that's more life than EoFF. I have made some great friends here, some of which I still keep in touch with or at least try to (sometimes I have no choice and they keep in touch with me ). There's a lot of cool people here, most I have never really contacted but admired or liked from afar. These days I lurk, occasionally post but not much really. Assuming this pattern continues, in 11 years I will just be taking longer hiatuses from here and posting less frequently. Hopefully, my life will be where I want it.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

August 2002. Comin' up on the decade.

How has EoFF changed? There's a lot less drama and disclipinary trout going on. Every month or so you'd have some well-known face being banned. Now it's so much more chill, both from the members and the staff.

How have I changed? I don't know. I'm more mature and respected? Ha.

Will I turn into Unne after 11? Ask me next year. So many different people have come and gone though. All these good friends I've made. So many have just been washed away in the waves of EoFF time. Sometimes I appreciate how oldbies feel, when you realise you're the only one left from the old days. I feel like the last relic of a bygone age sometimes. Then sometimes I post stupid lame things on the forums 'cause fun

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

October 2005, though I apparently had an older account (Godzilla3001 xD). I was 14 when I joined, coming up to my fifteenth. I am much more misanthropic and jaded than I was back then. Thanks Eizon.

I hope to be around 11 years from now just so that I can be one of the ancients like BoB.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

23rd of December 2004 I think, I got banned in about September 2006 for about ohh er, 4 maybes 5 years?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

02-27-2000 give or take a day

I joined but didn't really talk much for several months. Eyesonchat was pretty hip back then--there were a lot of cool cats then just as there are now.

I agree that the average age of the EoFF regulars is higher, so the forums in general seems more mature, you know if you ignore HC. There's still mischief, but it's not like it was then.

EOEO is weaksauce now. Just is.

There was kind of a cliquey feel the first few years. Am I just imagining that? No, it was there, I'm pretty sure.

The staff has changed, certainly, and it's the staff that really sets the tone for the forum.